• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Zeth

If we get enough mids on our roster we can win another TI!

Damn shame - Aui is one of my favorite personalities by far - and an under appreciated type of player/role. Hope he continues to be successful.

kasane

FzzaEWZ.png

if i was aui i aint having any of this shit lmao

Anno

i already read that post
the lineup just doesn't make any sense if fear isn't retiring

Am I insane or was there some rumor that teams could keep a person around as a sub or something once teams start forming up for majors into TI6? Might be that Fear gets put on something like Injured Reserve if he gets this surgery and has a stand in for however long that takes. Misery could slot in well there, but I guess he'll have better chances elsewhere.

Maybe fear is their sub player/coach and they haven't found a 4 player yet

lmao what if it's zai. Zai and rtz playing the two roles they don't want to play.

kvk1

so zai's gone, artour's gone

puppey and kuro reunite with xboct and dendi

pickup aui

win TI6

alright we got this now it all makes sense

Deadly

Am I insane or was there some rumor that teams could keep a person around as a sub or something once teams start forming up for majors into TI6? Might be that Fear gets put on something like Injured Reserve if he gets this surgery and has a stand in for however long that takes. Misery could slot in well there, but I guess he'll have better chances elsewhere.
Yeah you have slots for 2 standins for each team and only they are allowed to replace your players.

This EG thing is the scummiest shit ever. Outside of it just being shitty from a human standpoint I don't get a the logic of this? If they really wanted RTZ back, lets be honest, cutting sumail loose would be the easy choice. You could just run the line up like Sadboys EG with rtz as the mid 1 position and fear as safelane 2. I guess they want to ease pressure on fear for medical reasons but don't want to bench him entirely? Fear is a sick player and probably decent at any role, but dumping the best 4 position in the western hemisphere to mangle RTZ into your lineup just seems fuck'd.

eyeroll.gif
dac15_upset.gif
cm-vi1.gif

Sibylus

Banned
Wowwwww.

Fuck EG and their backstabbing Aui for a cocky, sunglasses' sporting douchebag. And so soon after his moment of glory.

W1SSY

With the majors you can have two subs but Charlie the manager of EG said they don't know how they are going to do subs.

This is just a crazy move by EG. RTZ had issues with the team before but maybe he has grown up and they can perform. It is not unheard of older pros going to play support later on but I just feel like Aui was such large part of EG.

Anno

Zai is confirmed gone or everyone just expecting it?

I think he said well before TI that he'd likely take off afterwards to finish his schooling and probably return afterwards. I haven't heard anything about specific confirmation either way but I think this was always on the table.

Kinda makes sense. I remember pre-TI hearing ppd talking about how him and Aui were having chemistry issues. ppd said that he likes to be the single voice in the team but at times he felt that Aui was trying to have too much input into how the game went. Guess he felt those issues were still there.

KingKong

I mean a worse version of this team would have probably won TI4 before Fear got injured so this isnt that crazy. Theyre going to be hoovering up farm though

bounchfx

Wow, what a load of shit. Good going EG.

I figured if any team would stay consistent it would have been EG. Not really surprised at C9 disbanding, but holy shit at EG dropping Aui like that after having won TI.

Well most of the hero's RTZ/Sumail play can rotate between mid or in lane except storm can't they?

I hope EG come out in sunglasses laughing til the end (even if they don't win).

Vaporak

Odd move for EG considering the problems that the old EG team apparently had when rtz was on the team, and how well they did with AUI. Guess EG has to continue the tradition of TI winning teams becoming irrelevant.

monocromo

This was the plan all along. Arteezy was a spy sent by PPD. His mission was to gatter as much knowledge from s4 and Puppey as possible.

kasane

Hi EG.PPD, I'm trying to learn to play Treant Protector. I just have a question about the skill build. Should I max Nature's Guise like you pretended to be a good teammate, leech seed like you Leeched off Aui's skill, or Living armor like you shielded rtz from being on a bad team

Personally, I'm deeply affected by this and I'm very sad to see Kurtis go. I've known him the longest out of anyone on the team. He was the one that originally asked me to be the manager for Potm Bottom years ago, and I cannot state enough how depressed I am to see him go. I cannot imagine how much worse he feels.
Professionally, I trust the judgment of the captain and the other players. I will not make roster decisions on their behalf and I will not force players to play on rosters they don't want to play on. EG is deeply grateful to Kurtis for what he has helped contribute, and will continue to support him in whatever he decides to do and wherever he decides to go. I say this both for myself and on behalf of the organization.

Just read charlie tweet, so this call was made by no other than PPD himself and the rest of the members agreed to it, I don't know what to say....

Best wishes to AUI, I'm sure he will find success in whatever team he ends up playing with and I'm sure there are plenty who would welcome his fine skills into their team.

It's a dick move but their new roster is IMO stronger in terms of raw talent and more likely to win them more tournaments. They now have the option of running both Sumail and Artour as dual cores on a big range of momentum based semi-carries and get huge plays out of both of them. Fear is an extremely effective #1 and you can count on him to get his farm and be in the right place at the right time, but he's not the out of nowhere playmaker that Arteezy can be.

Also Kurtis' fatty four playstyle was going to have some issues with the kind of DOTA that EG would play with Arteezy and Sumail on the team. The drafts are going to look at lot more aggressive-a lot more CDEC if you will-and both Arteezy and Sumail are huge farm hogs no matter what position they are at. Just how much farm for a four is there really going to be with a more aggressive, momentum-heavy team-fight oriented style?

Kurtis got off the squad early enough that another organization looking to fully rebuild can do so with him as captain, and I'd be shocked if aui's in-game icon wasn't wearing a crown in drafts when the next major rolls around.

Top Bottom