• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

G-Unit

hahaha

9qMs1f3.png

Baha

Aui's had a hell of a run in dota 2 this year. Kicked from C9, join EG and wins DAC. Wins TI5 off the back of respect bans against him which let PPD out draft CDEC and now he's been kicked off EG.

Aui's in a good position despite all this imo, everyone at TI saw his ability and how much of an impact he had on the draft. I can't help but feel like Aui will be fine in the future and EG's decision to kick him will only come back to bite them in the ass.

t0rment

man, dota 2 scene is the most cancerous shit ever. if i were aui i'd invest the ti money on a application, go to college and gtfo.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Sympathy for Aui aside, does this make EG a stronger team? I've never seen Fear play anything other than a 1 pos.

Pretty shocked they kicked Aui if it's true. His style was very unique though. May have forced them into some awkward drafts and play styles as games went along that they didn't like. He's an extremely greedy 4 position player. idk.

iamblades

Yes, but he's not Aui. And they will need an Aui now more than ever with two greedy carry mids.

Not that I agree with this move(it seems crazy to mess with a formula that has worked this well), but that's exactly the opposite. WIth RTZ and Sumail taking the whole map for farm, Aui wouldn't get the kind of space he needs to be effective.

This move could either be a bold aggressive move to stay ahead of the competition, or a moronic blunder that will follow everyone involved forever.

It doesn't seem like a good idea to me at the moment, but we will see in the long run.

I don't get all the complaints about EG being assholes for doing this though. If you want to be a pro, you gotta take the good with the bad. Though one thing that does make it weird in esports is it's the players making the roster decisions, not just management.

Vade

Why would you not want the most popular and marketable personality in NA dota. EG is marketing they do an amazing job. Do you want a shy Asian who is know as autism 2000 or 2ez for rtz the merchandise machine?

On the team side Fear is the perfect 4 for these two farm lords. He nearly carried Demon, I buy bots first on storm because I want to be different and Jeyo I buy daedalus not mkb because I rather hit creeps had than actual hit the enemy heroes to ti3.

People feeling bad for aui right now, but he is set cash wise and his stock couldn't go higher. He will get some really good offers.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
kicking aui is a shitty-ass move. they were probably jealous of the fact that he's the only likeable person on the team.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It's a dick move but their new roster is IMO stronger in terms of raw talent and more likely to win them more tournaments. They now have the option of running both Sumail and Artour as dual cores on a big range of momentum based semi-carries and get huge plays out of both of them. Fear is an extremely effective #1 and you can count on him to get his farm and be in the right place at the right time, but he's not the out of nowhere playmaker that Arteezy can be.

Also Kurtis' fatty four playstyle was going to have some issues with the kind of DOTA that EG would play with Arteezy and Sumail on the team. The drafts are going to look at lot more aggressive-a lot more CDEC if you will-and both Arteezy and Sumail are huge farm hogs no matter what position they are at. Just how much farm for a four is there really going to be with a more aggressive, momentum-heavy team-fight oriented style?

Kurtis got off the squad early enough that another organization looking to fully rebuild can do so with him as captain, and I'd be shocked if aui's in-game icon wasn't wearing a crown in drafts when the next major rolls around.

I hope the meta changes back to fat 4s and junglers. Chen/Enigma/Enchant plz come back.

M.D

reddit said
1437 said that kuro and fata are forming their own team and he will also form a new team

he's not sure if secret exists

M.D

rtz confirmed he's carry and fear is gonna play support

also said he's opinion of puppy didn't change negatively at all and he's probably the best player he's ever played with

pretty sure he hates kuro more than anyone

kasane

kuro seems like that passive agressive support who thinks he is better than the carry lmao

But tbh he seemed to completely disappear on some games when he was playing carry

M.D

kuro seems like that passive agressive support who thinks he is better than the carry lmao

But tbh he seemed to completely disappear on some games when he was playing carry

the best example of this is starladder finals with the original team secret vs eg
kuro was useless in each and every game of the starladder finals

So 1437 said secret will not disband.
Puppey and s4 will reform secret while zai is going to school but also a sub.
Kinda supports this
YYe8qH1.png-

Kuro will make a german team. I have a feeling what PPD said about kuro is true.
Nice guy outside which everybody likes but have an ego.

Qvoth

So 1437 said secret will not disband.
Puppey and s4 will reform secret while zai is going to school but also a sub.
Kuro will make a german team.
Kinda supports this
YYe8qH1.png-

wow i really thought secret is going full disband, interesting
this is from /d2g/ (lol) but someone mentioned ice3 is getting married to a chinese girl and so he's probably not going to move to a western team

Top Bottom