• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I like that the new system with the 4 majors will constrict this constant shuffling. With two allowed and limited trade periods, it should be easier to follow everything.

it will just mean shuffles will happen 4 times a year rather than the 2 major ones 6 months apart. and the random ones that happen with tier 2 teams all the time.

la_briola

At least they let Aui go right after TI, not like [A].
You can at least give them that.
thinking.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Has there been any word on Gundam Rubick by the way? It's so weird that it's still in the queue. I need to become gundam.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
it will just mean shuffles will happen 4 times a year rather than the 2 major ones 6 months apart. and the random ones that happen with tier 2 teams all the time.

Well it also means Chinese players can't "retire" after every TI, and then reform a ghetto ass team 1-2 weeks before every major LAN and expect an invite.

Honestly I feel bad for PPD. He's the lightning rod for so much hate. All the armchair quarterbacking and amateur psychology going on around this is pretty gross.

He made the decision, he lives with the kickback.

Same as any sports team owner who trades fan favorites away.

Pretending like it's going to be different when the players are even more visible/in contact with fans is silly.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
He made the decision, he lives with the kickback.

Same as any sports team owner who trades fan favorites away.

Pretending like it's going to be different when the players are even more visible/in contact with fans is silly.

He didn't make the decision. The team did. It was the same dealio with Mason, they came out and said they took a team vote, and the majority voted to boot. Same thing with Aui. Like Liquid pointed out, PPD gets so much hate for seemingly no reason; for those of you that hate/dislike PPD, why? I'm genuinely curious.

He didn't make the decision. The team did. It was the same dealio with Mason, they came out and said they took a team vote, and the majority voted to boot.

Have they came out and said how it actually went down with aui?

I'm just making the assumption that he's the captain and either instigated it or must approve for anything to even come to a team vote.

When he comes out with tweets defending the decision. he's going to be a target.

JambiBum

Have they came out and said how it actually went down with aui?

I'm just making the assumption that he's the captain and either instigated it or must approve for anything to even come to a team vote.

When he comes out with tweets defending the decision. he's going to be a target.

Charlie made a post that the team voted to kick Aui. Yet everyone ignores that and rages at PPD.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Have they came out and said how it actually went down?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sn8s65

Fear and RTZ are basically best buds, and sumail looks up to arteezy a lot (based on interviews). After rtz left EG, there was some bad blood between him and ppd that was apparently resolved only very recently, at the Summit. If anyone "instigated" this (which is just pure dumb speculation on our part) it would most likely start with fear/sumail. Regardless, it ended in a team vote where the majority decided to part ways with Aui.

Artanisix

"He didn't make the decision. The team did. It was the same dealio with Mason, they came out and said they took a team vote, and the majority voted to boot. Same thing with Aui. Like Liquid pointed out, PPD gets so much hate for seemingly no reason; for those of you that hate/dislike PPD, why? I'm genuinely curious."

because fuck off

I could be completely off base in assuming that the captain of the team has more say in it.

The fact we know is that PPD is the only "voting" member of the team to defend the decision.

So PPD getting most of the hate isn't surprising to me.

Haunted

The hope is that limited and clearly defined trade periods are going to help with team consolidation and lineup consistency.

I could be completely off base in assuming that the captain of the team has more say in it.

The fact we know is that PPD is the only "voting" member of the team to defend the decision.

So PPD getting most of the hate isn't surprising to me.

yeah, he's the "face" of the decision, even if it wasn't a call he made solo.

Still more annoyed that aui was kicked to accomodate fear than aui being kicked in and of itself.

W1SSY

Kuros take on the "story", it's in German and I don't want to translate, too long, maybe Haunted will.
throwgame.gif

tl;dr: he understands rtz.

ividyon on reddit said:
Usually I stay away from kindergarten antics like this, as they're completely unnecessary, but at least here I'd like to vent for a bit.
To be honest, there isn't any bad blood between Arteezy and I; at least not from my side. He's just a teenager, very talented, but still young. He changes his opinion about who in the team sucks every few weeks, all of us went through it at least once. Oh well. I was younger once, too, and also much more emotional than today.
Basically, everything went pretty fast; we lost and a scapegoat had to be found. This time, it was my turn. I don't really take his behavior badly. He's just totally emotionally invested into Dota 2 and, especially, TI, therefore such a rash reaction isn't very surprising. If you follow his Twitter for a bit, you'll notice how emotional he can be. It's essentially the medium where he processes the thoughts and events of daily life. That's the new generation for you...
It's just not easy to be young and "world famous", and so I'd like to ask for understanding before flaming Arteezy for his behavior. Adding to that fact is that he's extremely ambitious, and that TI is an annual heart-breaker. In my opinion, that's enough for such reactions are to be expected and endured. Arteezy is a great guy, and we were all teenagers once and didn't always handle difficult situations perfectly.
My performance was rather sub-optimal in the last few games. Arteezy is a very energetic guy who must channel his emotions somewhere (usually rage); usually, onto teammates, since that's the easiest. You know that from the typical pub game. And you also know the relationship of carry and support; that's just the most susceptible to that.
After the 2nd game I explained to him that I've been checking runes and Storm got a great Haste rune, which is why he was so excited. I told him to relax, but saying this an irritated person oftentimes makes them even angrier, and then you lose and it escalates.
I believe that through me, and his dislike for me, he can soon make peace with the TI subject. Somehow, all of us must combine the puzzle pieces in our head and to come to a conclusion; to each their own. In a few months it'll all blow over, at the latest when he reflects on it with a little "reason". I really wish for that to happen to him, because in my opinion he is one of the best players to ever play Dota 2, and the only thing that stops him is himself and his attitude towards his own team. It's absolutely pointless to blame individuals; we've won 4 tournaments in a row, all eyes were on us, our metagame was broken, you win and you lose, just like in every other sport. Either you come together and solve the problems - after all, it can't have been our skill, as the results have shown - or you completely over-react.
After our disqualification I've sought to speak with him for the next 3-4 days. He ignored me and, as always, preferred to release his energy over the internet. I've even asked Zai and 1437 to bridge our talk, but Mr. Babaev is a stubborn man. I think it's a shame, because I actually kinda like him, but ehh, as I said I also understand why he acts the way he does.
I'm not going to invest myself any further into this. He's an internet boy and I don't want to become a part of his attention whirlpool, I'm not the kinda guy for it. I wish him all the best, and hope that he will push himself and personally talk to me. If he did that, none of this would've been necessary in the first place.

A link to the translation

Kade

I think Arteezy is going to change his Twitter name to Internet Boy now.

edit:

posted and swiftly deleted lol. Artour is baby soft.
8cfaXZr.png

aeolist

Banned
i find it really amusing that even sumail looks more emotionally mature (or at least stable) than artour

dude's an amazing player and i can't wait to see the new EG play but he needs to grow up

It sort of makes you wonder why EG/RTZ thinks it would work better the second time around. It was team chemistry issues and internal drama that made him leave the first time, and now it's pretty much the same team minus the one guy he left the team with and a new guy who plays rtz's old position better than he does.

I don't think rtz or ppd have changed that much over the last 9 months, so it's interesting that this is happening.

shira

It sort of makes you wonder why EG/RTZ thinks it would work better the second time around. It was team chemistry issues and internal drama that made him leave the first time, and now it's pretty much the same team minus the one guy he left the team with and a new guy who plays rtz's old position better than he does.

I don't think rtz or ppd have changed that much over the last 9 months, so it's interesting that this is happening.
I think he also wants a regular salary $10k USD/month and free shit.

Not sure what he was getting with Secret.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Maybe its a case of "While I may not have been happy with EG, they were better then Secret!"

Indignate

i find it really amusing that even sumail looks more emotionally mature (or at least stable) than artour

dude's an amazing player and i can't wait to see the new EG play but he needs to grow up

A lot of the comments he made on stream were actually pretty mature compared to what he could have and would have said a year ago.

He still says stupid shit but the kid is growing up.

I think he also wants a regular salary $10k USD/month and free shit.

Not sure what he was getting with Secret.

Maybe its a case of "While I may not have been happy with EG, they were better then Secret!"

I don't feel like rtz would find a shortage of good offers from other organizations rebuilding after TI, and I don't see why you'd kick a player for the sake of having good team chemistry and then pick up a player who you're guaranteed to have team chemistry issues with.

If rtz and ppd did resolve whatever issues they had between them then I guess that's that, but ppd seemed plenty salty about rtz and zai during the TI5 interviews. We'll see at the first major, I guess.

Is this what being a sports fan is like? I've never followed a team sport before.

shira

360fx360f

Holy shit, you would need on average to have spent $4500 at the TI5 Secret Shop to unbox one of these things.

Is this what being a sports fan is like? I've never followed a team sport before.
Sports teams typically make moves and changes based on upper management (old guy making 7 figures asks older guy who has 10 figure account if its ok to trade an 8 figure teenager for another 8 figure 20 year old).

It's a lot more "childish" when you let the players make moves.

Hylian7

360fx360f

Holy shit, you would need on average to have spent $4500 at the TI5 Secret Shop to unbox one of these things.

Sports teams typically make moves and changes based on upper management (old guy making 7 figures asks older guy who has 10 figure account if its ok to trade an 8 figure teenager for another 8 figure 20 year old).

It's a lot more "childish" when you let the players make moves.

I thought it was a pure random chance with getting all the emoticharms?

Top Bottom