• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

I want to see the winrates here in SOLO HELL
fire.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Heroes of the Storm is impossible to win. At least with a 4 stack. The fifth player is always Top 10 Retarded. 3/3 just the most idiotic, do-nothing morons. I can't deal with this shit.

shira

do you think singsing will find a new team before the majors
Singsing has strong mechanical skills n good spell casting. He's also the guy you can depend on to find scrims n show up on time n to play officials with passion n will never argue during a real game. Surprisingly these qualities are hard to find even in T1 players. Sadly he has many other negative traits that gives him a bad reputation. A low understanding of picks, an ego which doesn't allow him to learn from others or to copy heroes, an ego which makes him a bad teammate n stressful to play with, low game understanding n a very selfish real life persona. I feel like the very moment he loses his ego n understands that trying hard doesn't mean just playing a lot or w/e. That's simply just doing what's convenient for you. Trying hard is when you push yourself to being a better person, to do things your not at all comfortable with, and you do these things with a smile
misc-fEEd.png

Real talk #nofilter #doesn'tanswerquestion

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
God damn it Envy answered my question the most boring way possible.

"Who is the best position 5 in the West in your opinion?"

Of course he says PPD. What did I expect
cBj1LTf.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
=== two bear's hero hour ===

let's talk about phoenix

the best looking hero in dota 2

what's the point of phoenix beyond looking cool and slaying

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
phoenix doesn't have lockdown beyond the stun of her ulti which i always thinks makes her a bit weak. she does quite good damage but almost all of it is countered by bkb.

Hylian7

There's one thing I still need to test later, but maybe I can get a concrete answer on this. In 6.84, Ravage and Call Down both say they "no longer ignore ancient creeps". What exactly does this mean? Ancient is a special property creeps can have, which makes certain things not work on them, but them why do these two spells matter on them if all the ancients are spell immune except for the little black dragons? Are the split Brew pandas still considered "ancients", as wasn't that the explanation for why Pudge hook goes right through them?

The whole ancients/hero-creeps mechanic is weird.

Hylian7

Don't level kraken shell, it totally makes it worth getting stout shield on Tide.
hush.gif
As dumb as it sounds, I have seen it done where a tide was in a dual offlane where they could be very aggressive with Gush and Anchor Smash. They picked up a lot of kills, so it worked well.

This situation is definitely not the norm though, so I don't think Stout Shield is normally a good idea.

Nobody believes me when I tell ranged supports to get Stout Shields vs Broodmother. They didn't watch the Tsunami video on it.

Hylian7

On the subject of UAMs/Orbs, why the hell is Caustic Finale STILL one? What would just be so OP stacked with it? I'm not seeing it. If Burning Spears, Searing Arrows, and Fury Swipes aren't straight up broken as non-UAMs, then why would Caustic Finale be? The only time the skill really is useful is in some kind of 1v1 and vs a melee hero. Especially mid where you hit each creep and burrow to kill them all at once.

On the subject of UAMs/Orbs, why the hell is Caustic Finale STILL one? What would just be so OP stacked with it? I'm not seeing it. If Burning Spears, Searing Arrows, and Fury Swipes aren't straight up broken as non-UAMs, then why would Caustic Finale be? The only time the skill really is useful is in some kind of 1v1 and vs a melee hero. Especially mid where you hit each creep and burrow to kill them all at once.

Doesn't matter honestly, SK is not a right clicker anyway, so it's kind of a non issue hence why IF doesn't bother with it.

Hylian7

Doesn't matter honestly, SK is not a right clicker anyway, so it's kind of a non issue hence why IF doesn't bother with it.
I know he isn't, but at the same time that makes one of his spells pretty much useless. I mean, one could even argue 4 points in stats instead of it is better just because more mana for SK is awesome.

One point is good for solo pushing or farming waves honestly, skipping it entirely is rather stupid IMO

Aghs needs to apply caustic finale to affected targets

I know he isn't, but at the same time that makes one of his spells pretty much useless. I mean, one could even argue 4 points in stats instead of it is better just because more mana for SK is awesome.

4 point in stats are factually better than CF. I never level that shit up unless I have to (at level 22)

btw.:

DNdL9el.png

Those sniper stats are prior to him being super OP btw. 6.81 was the best patch ever.

Zeknurn

Terrorblade does not need a buff. Fuck that hero.

Seriously though, Bloodseeker is hilariously broken in pubs and I still don't understand how his changes made it to live. Make Thrist max 1500 units range pls.

Arksy

Hey guys, quick question..

Does anyone know when we'll stop getting compendium challenges and being able to cash in coins for items and sets?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Terrorblade does not need a buff. Fuck that hero.

Seriously though, Bloodseeker is hilariously broken in pubs and I still don't understand how his changes made it to live. Make Thrist max 1500 units range pls.

Just TP away kappa

Shinypogs

So much for my dream of peaceful partings after TI and a graceful transfer into the majors system. Teams are just determined to implode with all the drama of a dying star it seems.
As long as all my fav players come out of this with functional teams I'll learn to accept it but I really do wish people would try and stay put for longer.

I don't hold much hope for Alliance reorganizing into something truly competitive again and yet I can't help but love that Loda and Akke refuse to part with each other because their friendship is too strong and when they are playing well they really do seem in perfect sync.

Still think "just tp out" is the dumbest advice ever. Especially in a meta where midgame teamfighting is so prominent

It is, in theory it makes sense but in an actual game 90% of the time Bloodseeker either has backup with stuns or hits you too hard for you to have the time to TP out. That hero does well even in higher skill levels and I doubt it's because people forget that they can TP. The only example some people seem to have in mind is Bloodseeker going in solo and rupturing a full health target.

Top Bottom