• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Holden

It is, in theory it makes sense but in an actual game 90% of the time Bloodseeker either has backup with stuns or hits you too hard for you to have the time to TP out. That hero does well even in higher skill levels and I doubt it's because people forget that they can TP. The only example some people seem to have in mind is Bloodseeker going in solo and rupturing a full health target.

It happens A LOT. And if you are getting ganked by a 2+ heroes, then realistically any 2+ hero combo can kill any hero that people think bloodseeker solo kills. Bloodseeker really isn't the problem, just bad vision, terrible position, etc.

And if you getting solo ganked by a bloodseeker, tping out is usually the best solution as he can't do shit about it. Same with viper, phoenix, huskar, etc

Also has to do with reaction and decision making, it will change a lot.

NBtoaster

BS is most OP in the laning phase where tping out doesn't fix how he hits you for 100 damage at lvl 2, can get 100% cs with ease, and how any harass is instantly healed.

BS is most OP in the laning phase where tping out doesn't fix how he hits you for 100 damage at lvl 2, can get 100% cs with ease, and how any harass is instantly healed.

Yeah, I feel his laning is clearly the factor that makes him strong. People crying about rupture cried about him when he was trash as well. BS has good lane sustain against almost anyone and can out-cs virtually any hero in the game. It's just frustrating.

Regardless, he's not overly OP. He's nowhere close to what Troll was in 6.83. Have people forgotten already? >57% pub winrate, 100% Pick/ban in pro games, lane dominator, mid game monster, late game monster, solo pushing power house, free solo 12 min Roshan and so forth. I honestly can't think of a single fucking weakness he had. He basically invalidated every other melee core in the game. Sniper could kite him somewhat well but then again, he was OP as well. 6.84 Bloodseeker is a joke compared to that. Outplaying Troll was tough and even if you did, he came back easily because of free Rosh, good jungling and comeback mechanics back then.
Mechanically, Troll is a little tougher to do well with I feel and still his winrate was insane. Probably one of the most OP heroes in Dota since I started playing January 2013.

Pretty much.

BS is dumb because he crushes in lane and then can steamroll down most teams with just a bit of back up. You TP out and the teamfight is just that much easier for him.

Though, again: I don't find BS is super OP. I don't know how to go about finding the data, but I imagine I have a pretty decent winrate against it on this patch. If you can outlive his midgame ridiculousness, he's pretty fucking pathetic.

Pretty much.

BS is dumb because he crushes in lane and then can steamroll down most teams with just a bit of back up. You TP out and the teamfight is just that much easier for him.

Though, again: I don't find BS is super OP. I don't know how to go about finding the data, but I imagine I have a pretty decent winrate against it on this patch. If you can outlive his midgame ridiculousness, he's pretty fucking pathetic.

That's a Dotabuff+ thing.

And yeah, lategame he's meh even if he dominates the midgame, bloodrite and thirst damage don't scale too well into the lategame.

zai
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

http://oddshot.tv/shot/zai-20150817124046338
http://oddshot.tv/shot/zai-20150817124138982
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Still think "just tp out" is the dumbest advice ever. Especially in a meta where midgame teamfighting is so prominent

I had a team mate yelling at someone to TP out whilst a BS was charging at him 1000MPH and will obviously kill the hero in 1 or 2 hits, so silly.

I have started tp'ing back to base if I see that damn icon showing he can see me and he is off the map.

Played Void for the first time since 6.81 totally forgot the changes to chrono, caught Tiny and got first hit stunned I felt like such a fool.
cBj1LTf.png

Then did the shame TP away.

So delightful when my clockwerk dives fountain for no reason and then spam pings me because I tp'd out instead of sticking around after killing 2 rax

and after going in 1v5

and after going in 1v3 when i was half health

I guess I'm not manly enough because I don't want to fight into a Lesh, SK, Shaker, Undying and BS solo.

Best part of the game was me hitting the rax all by myself while my entire team chases down a Sand King all the way to their T2.

Chris R

Techies isn't cancer :(

And I got so tired of losing MMR I decided to lose some hair trying to beat Demon's Souls instead... I've actually completed two more stages since I started playing again. And when I die I have nobody to blame but myself!

harSon

Banned
they should make bloodseeker's silence aoe take up two screens instead of one, and double the silence amount. 6 seconds isn't enough

the only hero I legitimately hate is lina

edit: also, what's with all of the chi long qua imitators? I literally played with two different people yesterday who were embodying his persona and verbal mannerisms.

KingKong

if Valve keeps challenges but makes it so you only get the 'place 8 wards' and 'buy a mekanism before 15 minutes' ones they will greatly improve average game quality

JustinBB7

if Valve keeps challenges but makes it so you only get the 'place 8 wards' and 'buy a mekanism before 15 minutes' ones they will greatly improve average game quality

Anybody know when they end? Somebody said last week Thursday but everything is still working now. Still didn't get my prediction points or watch 10 games of main event points actually.

Top Bottom