• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Demoli

Assuming the PSP monster hunter you played was Freedom Unite, that game had horrendously broken hitboxes. I still like it, but damn coming back to it it's frustrating as all hell.

MH4U is the best game of the year, so there's that.

sixghost

Hh0AEqq.png

Misery and Notail joined C9 January of 2015.

I don't think there's any debating that this current roster is a huge failure. Who knows why they replaced Aui when he is the perfect support for the type of game C9 plays.

Isn't basically everyone else in the game on USE or USW? Seems like a fair choice to use USE

Because of a deal EG made with Dotapit, all of their games are played on USE. And how is "basically everyone" in USE or USW? 4 out of 5 players on C9 are European, although I have no knowledge on where they live(I assume in their respective home countries).

shira

I don't think there's any debating that this current roster is a huge failure. Who knows why they replaced Aui when he is the perfect support for the type of game C9 plays.

It's more of EE's "won't discuss kicks" policy. There were apparently reasons other than Dota and skill since Aui backed EE's calls and like you said their styles really do work. I think some of it was revealing info in vlogs and probably some odd quirk that annoyed him for whatever reason. But yeah you put 5 nerds on the same team for 3 years and you are baking a cake with dynamite.

No? FATA is from Germany and both Misery and Notail are from Denmark.

Because of a deal EG made with Dotapit, all of their games are played on USE. And how is "basically everyone" in USE or USW? 4 out of 5 players on C9 are European, although I have no knowledge on where they live(I assume in their respective home countries).

I had actually forgotten C9 was basically all euro now, my b.
No, Dotapit is basically entirely European except for EG, but EG got an agreement to play all their games on US East.

The composition of the entire tournament should have no bearing on the servers used for this game, but as already stated I had forgotten how many europeans were on C9, so it's irrelevant either way.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
I keep mentioning this, but give Spectre a try. I think with the larger than normal pool of viable heroes, carries that contribute less in lane are viable, especially in a pub.

Spectre doesn't contribute absolutely NOTHING during the early game, but it isn't as significant as a hero like Gyro. I think so many people in pubs think you have to max Dagger first, but I disagree. It only goes to 200 damage on level 4, and with such a high mana cost relative to Spectre's tiny mana pool. Dagger isn't a damage skill for sure, it's a chasing and vision skill, with damage as a nice bonus. The damage really comes from Desolate, and even if you are vs a dual or trilane, you should still max Desolate. The AoE that the enemy has to be alone in is not that large, so it is practical that you might be able to split the heroes far away with away from each other and creeps to get the Desolates. It is also great for picking up barely missed kills by teammates with haunt. I would say by the time you get 6, always have a TP, since you may have to make a long jump with Haunt and then get out. I know I have killed people close to enemy fountain at around 7 minutes, TP'd out immediately before anyone could come do anything about it.

As for lane survivability, a few things help. Decent support is one, but also I think Poor Man's is usually a must, and if you need lane sustain, a casual Ring of Health. Before I start going to Radiance, I go PMS, brown boots, Quelling Blade, and maybe the RoH, but I don't get it unless I need it. Coming up with a 20-25 minute Radiance is always great, and even if it's closer to 30 minutes, it's absolutely worth it. It increases you damage output, both by burn and right clicks from the real Spectre.

I also prefer Treads over Phase on her. Phase has it's benefits, but I would rather have the Tread Switching and stats for illusions.

Beyond that, it is basically about farming awareness and keeping the game delayed long enough for you to really shine. If things are rough, try to be encouraging to your team and tell them that you can win if you just keep farming and all of your base isn't lost. If the enemy does push for base, you can usually help with Haunt.

One thing to remember about Dagger: if you cast it directly on someone, it will always hit them and give you vision on them, even if they Blink away or go invis. On the ground it will only go the normal distance. If you can target it, always do so, and ideally line it up through multiple heroes if you can.

I like Spectre, I really do. but the problem is that in pub games I never seem to be able to get enough support to play it well. I tried a few times and whoever I'm laning with never seem to care enough to harass enemies, if they don't take my farm out right. can Spectre jungle effectively?

KingKong

they have no chance of beating EG or Secret so that means no 2nd places for them, I dont know it's funny to call them a failure when they consistently go deep into the playoffs but it really does seem that right now teams are Secret > EG >>> everyone else

sixghost

they have no chance of beating EG or Secret so that means no 2nd places for them, I dont know it's funny to call them a failure when they consistently go deep into the playoffs but it really does seem that right now teams are Secret > EG >>> everyone else

What else would you call a roster change that results in the team becoming worse? It's not even like they had their hand forced; no one took one of their players. They could have just kept the same 5 that had been consistently finishing 2nd or 3rd. The worst part of the whole thing is that they handed Aui to EG. They were easily the second best team in the west after TI4, now they're arguably 4th or 5th behind VP and Empire.

Alucrid

Banned
was there ever an archive of that giantbomb community grudge match a year ago from the gaf point of view? watching the rektreational makes me want to go back and see that

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I like Spectre, I really do. but the problem is that in pub games I never seem to be able to get enough support to play it well. I tried a few times and whoever I'm laning with never seem to care enough to harass enemies, if they don't take my farm out right. can Spectre jungle effectively?

If you're a bit behind on Spectre and can't get the space to farm a radiance and if your enemies are derpy enough to attack you during it, blademail and dispersion will wreck squishy lineups.

Acinixys

This game is the worst

Im 19/7 as Clinkz, we're defending

We have an Earth Shaker with aghs on our team

Enemy team has Medusa with Manta and CK with Manta

ES walks up to CK and gets stunned every fight, instead of using his blink like a normal, non retarded player would do

Pretty sure we lost because of his inability to not die like a champion

Anyone who thinks they can 1v1 a fed CK should go to LPQ for 20 games

This game is the worst

Im 19/7 as Clinkz, we're defending

We have an Earth Shaker with aghs on our team

Enemy team has Medusa with Manta and CK with Manta

ES walks up to CK and gets stunned every fight, instead of using his blink like a normal, non retarded player would do

Pretty sure we lost because of his inability to not die like a champion

Anyone who thinks they can 1v1 a fed CK should go to LPQ for 20 games
Think that game was pretty over the moment CK got fed vs your comp, tbh. Hard game.

so okay why can't I just keep my sexy old invoke hair and just get the cool effects off the new one :(

valve plz I don't want dbz hair but do want sauron orbs

Terrible news. I don't play much nintendo games but I always watched nintendo directs because they were so charming and fun and made me feel fuzzy about videogames. Rest in peace.

iwata-flipnote99ujn.gif

Hylian7

Man, Iwata. That man crafted a lot of my childhood and adolescence. Honestly he is partially responsible for me still playing and enjoying video games so much to this day. I really will miss him.

Top Bottom