• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Trickster

Did he have the immortal?

no, which makes it even more dumb. At least then I could see it being about just wanting to see the immortal in action or something

Just gonna watch rtz's tream instead and feel better about not being the only one feeling like their teammates are shit

octarine is good on pugna because you can spam even more, and you can have double nether ward for a short time
the lifesteal on octarine is always to be seen as a secondary bonus, you don't get it for that, the biggest deal is the CD reduction, also decent +tankability

Haunted

Funny thing though: even though everyone on the team could speak german the flaming was still mostly in english.
:lol

With so much English lingo ingrained in the game, it really makes more sense to just default to English and stay there, especially for younger players who aren't super fluent yet.

These are good.

First one's got the production values, second one's got the creativity and heart.

Would all draft be a viable solution to hamper meta pubstompers in ranked mode?

I think the death ward heals you.

All Draft would prevent players from being able to learn how to deal with certain heroes. How would you ever learn how to deal with Techies or Bloodseeker or whatever if they're banned every game? I understand that becoming a better player isn't a priority for everyone but there's plenty of players that do want to become better that don't realize that such a mode hampers that more than anything.

Also wards don't heal you using Octarine so I imagine Pugna ward doesn't either.

funkypie

Banned
people really are thick as fuck when they play this game. I really am stuck in MMR hell.

guy wants mid with pudge, picks pudge and proceeds to go on lane and support for no reason. Mid lane is free for 5 minutes while lesh just farms.

I really hate this game

slark goes solo safe lane, takes essence shift first
pudge dives at 2 minutes, feeds FB, disconnects immediately
"just think of what you're doing not what others are doing"
ok
horse.gif

>Don't give up !

next game dude rerandoms chen, abandons at -1:02
nice.
I wish permaban was a thing in this game.

yes rePugnant ward doesn't heal, of course, being a separate unit and all

it also needs a buff (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

minibash maybe (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

best way to buff pugna is to delete his aghs
way too many shitters rush it and do nothing with it because it's pretty garbage until some point of the game

ok
horse.gif

>Don't give up !

nice.

Tbh, I take essence shift first sometimes once I'm in the lane. Almost only against bristleback though, the essence shift gives a lot of extra damage when hitting him a few times.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
people really are thick as fuck when they play this game. I really am stuck in MMR hell.

guy wants mid with pudge, picks pudge and proceeds to go on lane and support for no reason. Mid lane is free for 5 minutes while lesh just farms.

I really hate this game
then take mid?

kionedrik

Enemy team picked Slark, Bara and Tusk.

Our safe laner picks Sniper because "I have a challenge". Some people are beyond help.

Vade

So was Phoebe the worst friend or was Ross? I kinda feel like Ross was the FreakinChair of the group.

are you serious, Phoebe is top 3 for sure. Joey > Chandler > Phoebe > Monica > Rachel > Ross

At least Ross had funny moments, what did Rachel ever add except be pretty? Phoebe's "I'm quirky and random" shtick got old fast.

Joey > Chandler > Monica > Ross > Phoebe > Rachel

They're all mediocre at best by today's standards.

funkypie

Banned
was impossible, team had random and trash pick.

I tried going mid but lesh was two levels higher, had bottle, boots and was spamming lightning.

trash game which was destined to lose, I abandoned.

kionedrik

I see my last game has changed my word cloud a bit

The spike of new wannabe invokers since the immortal was released is infuriating.

There's nothing wrong with trying something new but you know going in that he is a complex character and you should learn the basics from bots not against humans.

Carried some mad German kids earlier who were upset I didn't suicide along with them when they fought out of position time and time again. This is why I brought it up. I was on a smurf and obviously significantly better than any of them and it was fucking painful having to listen to their shitty game advice.

Oftentimes, it feels like 3k players will fight simply because they're bored or unsure what else to do. Efficiency and ignoring suboptimal fights is easily the most reliable method to get to 4k and past. I wouldn't touch a support below 4k to save my life.

Started playing that acc (my younger brother's) at a low 2k MMR and brought it up to roughly 3.6k in unranked (based on the people I add) and it's easy.

Pratfall

ok
horse.gif

>Don't give up !

nice.

the real meaning of that advice still eludes you

How can I get more of the Immortal 3 treasures? I really wanted the Meepo one and since you can't buy it on the market I have no idea how to get it.

How can I get more of the Immortal 3 treasures? I really wanted the Meepo one and since you can't buy it on the market I have no idea how to get it.

level up your compendium more with points through the challenges, consuming immortals, or most easily spending money on points

you can also gift items (one way trade with only one item) to people so if you find someone you trust (aka someone on here and not randomly on the internet or reddit) you can trade for it that way

or wait a few months and then it will be on the market

Reckoner

Is Agaric Flourish the only set available for Treant? 'Cause it looks horrible. Makes me sad.

I was actually considering making an "Aspects of Dota nobody talks about" guide. A few things I would put in it:

- RTS Controls
- What all spell immunity entails
- Different types of Physical damage and armor (http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Damage_types#Effective_Physical_Damage_by_Attack_Type_and_Armor_Type)
- Common mechanics with spells and how they interact with others (for instance, Phase Shift, Astral Imprisonment, and Disruption being "banishes")

Yeah, please do it mate. Always great to learn more about the game. Are you going to post it on Steam?

Top Bottom