• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What the hell, Iwata died. This is horrible
cry.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1628627650

tWR4Nae.png

15 minutes in this game I was like FUCK TECHIES and I sold all my shit and bought sentries with every coin I got for the entire game aside from my boots to help me survive/heal from tanking mines. End game I was almost 100% useless except for the fact that I would yolo dive the farthest person on their team and then run around creating space while my team hit buildings. This is my FAVORITE game of Dota of all time! I might get low prio for all the shit I talked in this game. If I do it will be my first trip there and it will be WORTH IT. FUCK THAT SHIT HERO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!RTJ#TO!#TGT!#J

Lotto

Been choked up about Iwata's passing ever since I found out. Truly lost a remarkable and wonderful person. Rest in peace Iwata.

Just found the news about Iwata ,man you will be sorely missed
cry.gif

This comeback kind of cheered me up.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1628760334

They got cocky pushing into t3 towers and from there we got all the farm needed to get the ball rolling in our favor.

I have to say that spectre is a fucking beast when it comes to recouping lost farm. Blademail was also a godlike item to have this game, I just runned at cm ulti in teamfights and they all would just melt.
dac15_sad.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Damn the final wave of Immortals are the weakest yet. Except SSJ2 Invoker. Valve please.

Didn't manage to get Zeus' bolt and still haven't gotten SF arms either.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
jugg = free mmr. 3040, I just can't stop climbing with this guy. I am a bit ready for the mmr when supports stop single pulling tho...

Hylian7

I like Spectre, I really do. but the problem is that in pub games I never seem to be able to get enough support to play it well. I tried a few times and whoever I'm laning with never seem to care enough to harass enemies, if they don't take my farm out right. can Spectre jungle effectively?

Basically, most of it is farming/map awareness. It also takes decent support, but it doesn't have to be super great to get you through the early game.

If a lane is rough, try to sit back and last hit under tower and get XP. This will delay the Radiance obviously, and this is probably the most stressful situation for a hard carry to be in. If they can easily dive you no matter how far back you are, and your team won't help you, then you might have to abandon the lane. This is definitely not a good situation for Spectre and significantly decreases her chances of winning, however it is doable with the right skills, and a bit of luck. Basically, you just have to look for open lanes to farm when waves are getting close to towers for you to farm. Watch the map for poitential Haunt kills you can make, especially on low enemies. These will definitely help you get back into the game if it's rough.

This applies on any carry, but if you have the time, there's nowhere to farm, and it's safe to do so, stack a jungle camp or two. If you do it right, you can link up a large camp and medium camp to stack in the same minute with Spectral Dagger or cutting down trees. You will most likely come back for these stacks later, but if you absolutely have to, farm them with Quelling Blade, Poor Man's, and Ring of Health.

Basically Spectre is all about surviving to Radiance. It's no coincidence that the item has a 71% winrate on her as well as the highest number of games purchased in on her.

JC Sera

R.I.P iwata, you were responsible for the majority of my video games childhood
like as Jim was saying, that mantra of video games being fun for everyone and nintendo having that family oriented outlook is probably the only reason I got an opportunity to get into them

Wok

I like Spectre, I really do. but the problem is that in pub games I never seem to be able to get enough support to play it well. I tried a few times and whoever I'm laning with never seem to care enough to harass enemies, if they don't take my farm out right. can Spectre jungle effectively?

This is what happens in most of my pub games. Last time, I was playing Spectre solo safelane vs Axe+Ursa. I got a 27 min Radiance, thanks to assists, and ended up winning the game, thanks to a Spirit Breaker, with both Axe and Ursa ragequitting.

You need PMS, Phase and MoM to jungle Spectre.

GorillaJu

What the fuck, some guy just gave arteezy thousands of $ in items on stream, no reason given whatsoever. Baby Roshan, the rare mirana mask, a few others.

I was thinking about making a thrown together learn how to play Dota in time for ti thread in gaming. A noob thread for Dota if you will, heavy in the tutorializing in the op.

You guys think it would be worth it?

What the fuck, some guy just gave arteezy thousands of $ in items on stream, no reason given whatsoever. Baby Roshan, the rare mirana mask, a few others.
because he's the #1 rtz fan

Trickster

Cant deny that rtz's stream is entertaining. First his nr 1 fan gives him those items, and now his secret gay lover is picking mid and not giving a fuck.

I was thinking about making a thrown together learn how to play Dota in time for ti thread in gaming. A noob thread for Dota if you will, heavy in the tutorializing in the op.

You guys think it would be worth it?
So like Purge's thing but way shorter? Could be worth it, but it's very hard to do a short tutorial on Dota. Would it be for the people who wanted to watch TI or the people who want to play Dota?

So like Purge's thing but way shorter? Could be worth it, but it's very hard to do a short tutorial on Dota. Would it be for the people who wanted to watch TI or the people who want to play Dota?
I dunno probably the former. This would be a super short primer, not really like purges as I don't have the time. Just like a hey do you want to watch the biggest esports event ever but don't know what you're looking at? Okay it's a team game... yadda yadda followed by links and some talk about the noob stream from last year, with some thoughts on why I think it's a good game worth their time, and a place to ask questions if they wish. Maybe I'll throw the first game of the noob stream from last year up if it's on youtube.

Nymerio

I'd use that 'How to play Dota in 4 Minutes' YouTube video as a reference. It's what I show everyone who wants to know how to play dota and it goes over almost all the basics you need to know. It's slightly outdated though.

Smithy C

How well does pugna do with octarine core? Would you get full health really quickly with his ult? Would you heal from the death ward?

If it's for the former then it's doable, you don't need to go in depth about some of the more complicated mechanics at that point. There's definitely tons of people asking basic questions(hell I was one of them at TI1 and 3) so a tutorial going over the basics would be nice to have.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Well, the Mirana Mask is only worth $10 these day, but the Gold Rosh is still super Valuable, and the clock head is hundreds too. I think the mount is worth ~$50.

As a German, I can confirm that Germans on average are the most miserable people to play with in Dota. Their whining literally unbearable. Muted every single one of them in the past months I think. Even if I recognize their accent, I just keep talking English.

Nymerio

As a German, I can confirm that Germans on average are the most miserable people to play with in Dota. Their whining literally unbearable. Muted every single one of them in the past months I think. Even if I recognize their accent, I just keep talking English.

I could immediately tell from the two idiots I was playing with yesterday that school holidays started around here. Funny thing though: even though everyone on the team could speak german the flaming was still mostly in english.

Reminded me of the time I was playing WoW: As soon as school holidays started battlegound queues were almost instant but the quality of the players took a nosedive.

I dunno probably the former. This would be a super short primer, not really like purges as I don't have the time. Just like a hey do you want to watch the biggest esports event ever but don't know what you're looking at? Okay it's a team game... yadda yadda followed by links and some talk about the noob stream from last year, with some thoughts on why I think it's a good game worth their time, and a place to ask questions if they wish. Maybe I'll throw the first game of the noob stream from last year up if it's on youtube.

I think its a great idea. You could have hero types (str,int,agi) with examples like tiny dazzle antimage and roles(core,support mid...) with examples too, laning formations by popularity (1-1-3,1-1-2+jungle...)

Trickster

Why the fuck does someone go mid meepo if they have no clue how to play freaking meepo of all heroes, not to mention not calling fucking miss. God I'm so pissed right now. 0-10 at the end, good fucking job picking meepo mid mate, real champ you are.

Top Bottom