• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Because aui learned he'd been kicked from EG before the official statement was released?

I mean I would hope they told Aui before he read about it in a press release or something. Aui probably shouldn't have went to Twitter right when he heard about his firing. That's not a real mature way to handle that. I can see where ppd's coming from.

kasane

I mean I would hope they told Aui before he read about it in a press release or something. Aui probably shouldn't have went to Twitter right when he heard about his firing. That's not a real mature way to handle that. I can see where ppd's coming from.

Aren't people saying he heard it not from the team but from other people? Plus you kick a player who won TI with you and you dont expect him to fucking flip?
charm_laugh.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Aren't people saying he heard it not from the team but from other people? Plus you kick a player who won TI with you and you dont expect him to fucking flip?
charm_laugh.gif

People say a lot of things. I honestly don't really know/care about all the drama this last week. I just hate all this pitchforking the Dota community likes to do about this kind of crap. PPD might not be the most tactful guy but he's smart and well spoken and he's doing what he does for the good of his team and people need to get the eff over it.

Working on the data from the survey
Unfortunately due to google forms exporting the data like this
6a5e21c0b308772c1076cfe5406d75f9.png

I can't make graphs out of "Who will be buffed/nerfed" data
Also it will be technically wrong because I forgot to put naga in
I am really sorry, because I know those two questions took the longest to fill in, and I really appreciate the time and effort y'all took to do so

if someone is looking at this and thinking "I can easily make a graph out of this you dumbass" please shoutout

phew I'm glad I half assed it then !

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1723354516

What a disappointing ending.

Top 5 heroes that need nerfs so badly:

1. Gyrocopter - Shorten range of Rocket Barrage
2. Queen of Pain - Not sure where to start here, maybe longer Scream of Pain CD? Not quite sure.
3. Lina - Longer ult CD, Aghs version does slightly less damage but still Pure
4. Storm Spirit - Again not sure where to start on this one, stat reduction? Not sure.
5. Bounty Hunter - Reduce track gold?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1723354516

What a disappointing ending.

Top 5 heroes that need nerfs so badly:

1. Gyrocopter - Shorten range of Rocket Barrage
2. Queen of Pain - Not sure where to start here, maybe longer Scream of Pain CD? Not quite sure.
3. Lina - Longer ult CD, Aghs version does slightly less damage but still Pure
4. Storm Spirit - Again not sure where to start on this one, stat reduction? Not sure.
5. Bounty Hunter - Reduce track gold?

1- leshrac

that lina
whew.png

Increase zip zap mana cost so everybody has to learn him all over again
gyro's issue is CD not range
qop is almost fine, needs small tweaks to reduce early-mid game effectiveness. make her ult only pure with aghs ? increase damage to compensate for magic resistance. shadow strike not lethal ?
lesh lightning 7% damage reduction between jumps

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
shortening the range of rocket barrage isn't really a nerf, since it makes the skill better in some situations.

I hope Techies gets the Terrorblade treatment. I can deal with all OP heroes in this patch other than him. Way too much effort required to deal with him.

'way too much effort' being a manta style, illusions, or necrobook.

Not quite that simple, is it? Aui said on stream Techies, Naga and Leshrac are the 3 strongest heroes in the game.

He single-handedly changes the pace of the game. When you gank, you risk dying to mines, when you go up on any high ground, you risk dying to mines, when you place a ward + sentry on the high ground you expect mines to be, you potentially waste the opening that would've made the gank possible. "You just need tier 4 items to deal with him" lol. And it's not even accurate.

No other hero has so much influence on how both teams play a game. Aui agrees.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Not quite that simple, is it? Aui said on stream Techies, Naga and Leshrac are the 3 strongest heroes in the game.

techies obviously has a big impact on the way the game works in the early and mid game. but past that i think he only becomes a nuisance when people play him badly.

'way too much effort' being a manta style, illusions, or necrobook.
Those items cost a shit ton of gold and do nothing vs Remote mines unless you have a gem. Yes, you can commit a large amount of gold and most of your draft to countering Techies and being careful but that way he still wins. It's not about kills it's about the insane amount of map control he gives you all by himself.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Those items cost a shit ton of gold and do nothing vs Remote mines unless you have a gem. Yes, you can commit a large amount of gold and most of your draft to countering Techies and being careful but that way he still wins. It's not about kills it's about the insane amount of map control he gives you all by himself.

necrobook gives you a lot vs remote mines. and if you see that they have a techies and don't pick at least one ranged hero and prioritise a gem idk what to say.

necrobook gives you a lot vs remote mines. and if you see that they have a techies and don't pick at least one ranged hero and prioritise a gem idk what to say.
It also costs 5k gold.

Ranged heroes aren't counters to Techies, they're required if you don't want to instantly lose(unless you have Naga).

Low Tier
watch how sumail dealt with shiki's qop, or on his stream how he does it. Really a large part of it is predicting the shadow strike (honestly she has to get 200 range closer so it becomes very apparent) and at that point you can walk up to her and remnant->attack, since SS's animation is so long. You trade off for better damage, and since you have higher armor you trade swings better too. A lot of the matchup is if storm can abuse high ground over qop and use remnant to smartly control mid tempo during levels 1-3. The only dangerous levels for storm vs qop is at lvl 4 and 5, and if storm plays it correctly for the first 3 it shouldn't be a big deal if he just relaxes a bit and uses the jungle to finish his level 6.

A lot of you mid players forget that theres a jungle too, and many of the popular mids atm can flash farm stacks to either catch up in econ or outstrip the enemy. Ask your supports to stack, or miss out on 1-2 cs to go to your jungle and safely stack it urself. unless your mid is in such a state where you can get almost every last hit and effectively stop the enemy mid from farming too, there's no reason not to stack nowadays.

Bad7667

I just had a game where our mid matchup was a Storm vs QoP. he died like 5 times in 4 minutes and, even though no one said anything about it, proceeded to lose his mind like I have never seen before in 3000 hours of playing dota.

So after about another couple deaths he starts going on about how he didn't lose us the game and that that we lost no matter what with the shit lanes we had. And that he didn't want to hear latter than this game was his fault. Now this entire time not one person on our team had said anything to flame him other than ask him to leave mid and farm the jungle til 6.

So while every lane is winning he continues to feed all while bitching on mic about how we don't deserve to win this game because the lanes "didnt make sense". His mic started to get real fucked up at this point like all quite and static then he just stops talking. Turns out he threw his mic and completely broke it. I really wish I could have recorded this game. It was just so damn funny and sad. We lost in the end.

I just had a game where our mid matchup was a Storm vs QoP. he died like 5 times in 4 minutes and, even though no one said anything about it, proceeded to lose his mind like I have never seen before in 3000 hours of playing dota.

So after about another couple deaths he starts going on about how he didn't lose us the game and that that we lost no matter what with the shit lanes we had. And that he didn't want to hear latter than this game was his fault. Now this entire time not one person on our team had said anything to flame him other than ask him to leave mid and farm the jungle til 6.

So while every lane is winning he continues to feed all while bitching on mic about how we don't deserve to win this game because the lanes "didnt make sense". His mic started to get real fucked up at this point like all quite and static then he just stops talking. Turns out he threw his mic and completely broke it. I really wish I could have recorded this game. It was just so damn funny and sad. We lost in the end.

lmao

got the Dotabuff of that game?

2 days ago, I lost a Naga game in which I had over 1200 last hits in 80 mins (15 last hits per minute). I fucking suck at that hero. Wish my brain could cope with multiple units. Game was shit tier MMR as well lol.

Bad7667

lmao

got the Dotabuff of that game?

2 days ago, I lost a Naga game in which I had over 1200 last hits in 80 mins (15 last hits per minute). I fucking suck at that hero. Wish my brain could cope with multiple units. Game was shit tier MMR as well lol.

here is the dotabuff

My god thats a lot of last hits. Can you link that game?

Top Bottom