• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

I tried the sheepay's tb mid and laned against sf. I think I did decent, I was able to get few kills on him. Still lost though cause our lineup was not good enough.
I need to try again. It's kinda fun.
Moo was using it against universe and yawar and I think he won the match.

I tried the sheepay's tb mid and laned against sf. I think I did decent, I was able to get few kills on him. Still lost though cause our lineup was not good enough.
Probably needs more nerfs

kappa

He lost.

kasane

4qYbiyZ.png

I DID IT BOYS. I motivated my team not to quit on me after we mercilessly threw
lina-vi1.gif

Arksy

Hey guys, quick question..

Does anyone know when we'll stop getting compendium challenges and being able to cash in coins for items and sets?

Skinpop

nerfing bloodstone would go a long towards nerfing both storm and lesh, maybe set a cap on storm ulti damage. I also feel lesh lightning storm bounce range and slow is too much early on.

JC Sera

nerfing bloodstone would go a long towards nerfing both storm and lesh, maybe set a cap on storm ulti damage. I also feel lesh lightning storm bounce range and slow is too much early on.
dAb2HGY.png

You aren't alone in those thoughts

Also Arksy I didn't know you dota'd!
naga-song1.gif

Demoli

Honestly, the one thing that stood out to me this TI was the ridiculous amount of stacking going around. many times mid players would lose mid badly, but still recover from insane jungle stacking, I feel icefrog might do something about that like he did post TI3

Honestly, the one thing that stood out to me this TI was the ridiculous amount of stacking going around. many times mid players would lose mid badly, but still recover from insane jungle stacking, I feel icefrog might do something about that like he did post TI3

Agreed, especially with Storm I didn't like this. One game Sumail got ganked 3 times in a row before 6 and he caught up in jungle like nothing ever happened. SF, Lina and Lesh can also do this but I feel like SF isn't as big a problem as the other 3.

J2d

I take it Imbued Trove Carafe 2015 genuine stuff can't be sold? Anyone got a sullen hollow they want to trade if thats the case?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
When I watch Sing's strim the last 2 days I barely even pay attention to the Dota. I just watch the chat and ignore every single user that I see spam. I know this isn't a fight I can win, but it makes me feel good actually.

It's kind of surprising how few of the spammers appear to be bots. I've been ignoring lots of years-old accounts with profile pictures and everything. I'm pretty sure I've got almost all of Sing's mods ignored. Also learned you can't ignore Twitch staff.
song_siren.gif

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
When I watch Sing's strim the last 2 days I barely even pay attention to the Dota. I just watch the chat and ignore every single user that I see spam. I know this isn't a fight I can win, but it makes me feel good actually.

dahell2.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
ppd's blog so good. Silence all the haters and dumb busybodies. All the stuff going on behind the scenes that we never see, yet somehow every idiot with a reddit account feels entitled to have an opinion about how professional teams should operate.

It's kind of surprising how few of the spammers appear to be bots. I've been ignoring lots of years-old accounts with profile pictures and everything. I'm pretty sure I've got almost all of Sing's mods ignored. Also learned you can't ignore Twitch staff.
song_siren.gif

wut
click the arrow to hide chat and be done with it then.

LiQuid!

wut
click the arrow to hide chat and be done with it then.

I don't want to hide the chat. I want to cleanse the chat. Please don't judge me. Someone has to stop the resurrection of Hitler. If not me, then who?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

More DOTA DRAMA
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

Let's also talk about the WB finals before we move on where Aui turned into the most cancerous player aside from CWM I had ever seen with an 18 MILLION DOLLAR TOURNAMENT LEFT TO PLAY. Honestly show some composure and don't whine on your teammates. We lost, learn from it and move on we've both played enough tournies to know how these things work. We literally went though the same exact thing at DAC. (A cancerous WB Rout from Vici into a following sweep through the lb and the finals) you learn more about yourself from losing and if you can't keep your composure at TI you're useless to me. Our strategy going into the final day was ppd talk more and aui talk less.

The international is by far the most stressful and most difficult tournament to win. It truly defines the kind of a player you are and it took me a TI to realize I no longer wanted to team with Aui.

That's brutal, i don't usually see this kind of takedown a lot. But then again i only follow dota hearthstone, anyway Aui got rekt
laugh.gif

I'm shocking people are surprised at this. We're talking about a million dollar winning captain here. Why would a player who has proven time and time again just how smart he is and how good his decision are, arbitrarily throw someone out and risk ruining his reputation?

All those point make perfect sense (assuming they are true) and frankly, if you get kicked off your team twice within like 4 or 5 months, I'm afraid it's you.

LiQuid!

A couple of the guys I play Dota with sound like Aui types. They're nice guys and know what they're doing (for our skill level) but they can't take any type of losing and start flaming each other and our pub teammates so hard for the most minor of mistakes when they're no better. It's really annoying to play with them more often than not but I keep going back to them out of routine. If I were trying to win the 2k MMR International they'd get the boot tho, no question.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
'If you can't keep your composure you're useless to me.'

Define 'useless' in a way that doesn't involve winning the tournament and taking home $1 million pls.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I still think ppd is a cunt. "I found him difficult to work with" is all he needed to say. Calling him 'useless' after he helped your team win the biggest tournament in the world and rival captains have said that just the threat of him picking heroes is enough to make other people change their strategies is 'not even the best drummer in the Beatles' levels of shitlordery.

inkls

'If you can't keep your composure you're useless to me.'

Define 'useless' in a way that doesn't involve winning the tournament and taking home $1 million pls.

Just because you win TI, doesn't mean you're flawless. Otherwise winning teams wouldn't have reshuffled or they would have won TI multiple times.

yarden24

man this makes me like PPD less then I did before, I have no problem with them kicking whoever the hell they want, and for whatever reason as well, but whats the point of the later half of that blog post just shitting on AUI, you could have said there was friction in the team and it was affecting everyone's enjoyment, and that would have been it.

but he decides to just shit on AUI instead.

and he does this in order to prove what? just because he is pissed he is being painted as the bad guy on fucking Reddit.

what a jackass.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Were you inside the booth and heard their communication? No I didn't think so.
Okay but that's not useless, it's creating a stressful environment. Aui was part of the five man team that won TI, there's no way you can call him useless to the team with a straight face unless you believe they could have won if they'd just played with four players.

It's just character assassination and its gross.

Quesa

man this makes me like PPD less then I did before, I have no problem with them kicking whoever the hell they want, and for whatever reason as well, but whats the point of the later half of that blog post just shitting on AUI, you could have said there was friction in the team and it was affecting everyone's enjoyment, and that would have been it.

but he decides to just shit on AUI instead.

and he does this in order to prove what? just because he is pissed he is being painted as the bad guy on fucking Reddit.

what a jackass.

ppl talkin shit on ppd > people dislike EG > less merch bro

gotta protect that brand. Eyes on the prize

Okay but that's not useless, it's creating a stressful environment. Aui was part of the five man team that won TI, there's no way you can call him useless to the team with a straight face unless you believe they could have won if they'd just played with four players.

It's just character assassination and its gross.

It's unnecessarily harsh for sure and inaccurate when he was part of the TI winning team. Regardless, Aui's kicking seems reasonable.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's unnecessarily harsh for sure and inaccurate when he was part of the TI winning team. Regardless, Aui's kicking seems reasonable.
Sure. If he was bad for team morale then kicking him is probably for the best. But saying you resent the drama and then turning around and basically assassinating someone's character is insanely hypocritical to say the least.

Sure. If he was bad for team morale then kicking him is probably for the best. But saying you resent the drama and then turning around and basically assassinating someone's character is insanely hypocritical to say the least.

None of these guys made particularly socially experienced impressions which added to the drama Reddit enjoyed. I wish these guys had actual PR representatives to speak for them. Calling someone cancerous is obviously unacceptable but I won't question his decisions just based on what I've seen and what I've read from PPD so far.

Nymerio

A couple of the guys I play Dota with sound like Aui types. They're nice guys and know what they're doing (for our skill level) but they can't take any type of losing and start flaming each other and our pub teammates so hard for the most minor of mistakes when they're no better. It's really annoying to play with them more often than not but I keep going back to them out of routine. If I were trying to win the 2k MMR International they'd get the boot tho, no question.

Reminds me of one of my friends I play dota with. He's the nicest guy but he has like zero social skills within the game. He's someone who can whine for a gank at minute 3 when he died in lane because he was over aggressive, starts arguing with people instead of ignoring them, etc.

Top Bottom