• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

KingKong

wow Peter with the cold hard truth. lol at this part though

We knew c9 was replacing 2 players for n0tail and misery but we were almost certain it was bone7 being kicked not aui.

Jadax

tbf I think now we know why Aui was kicked from C9 even though he is extremely talented. We sort of knew it had to do with his personality since EE said he wouldn't give a reason for the kicking (meaning it was something he felt was personal).

PPD just said it as it is - and it was the right thing to do (maybe his execution wasn't as diplomatic as some people would have preferred).

And Aui started this drama with his first tweet.

Again, Aui got kicked out of his last two teams within just a few months. Not even supposedly toxic players like FATA were kicked. It does look like Aui creates an atmosphere even worse.

ppd is the kanye of dota 2

350x700px-LL-64ea977d_GN62vfI.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tbf I think now we know why Aui was kicked from C9 even though he is extremely talented. We sort of knew it had to do with his personality since EE said he wouldn't give a reason for the kicking (meaning it was something he felt was personal).

PPD just said it as it is - and it was the right thing to do (maybe his execution wasn't as diplomatic as some people would have preferred).

And Aui started this drama with his first tweet.
Look when EE has a better handling of a social situation than you it's probably a sign.

Haunted

I want a Team Toxic, with all the players that are kicked for creating a bad team atmosphere on the same teamspeak channel.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
PPD seems to be a very controlling guy. It's not a surprise he really resents being questioned during the drafting process.

Some teams do it as a group with one dominating voice and some teams just defer it all to the captain (voluntarily or by the captain's will, it could go either way).

M.D

"hey are you playing this as support or offlane?"

hello?

answer fast plz"

picks offlaner, game starts

"i'm offlane, i put it on map!"

next game almost the exact same thing

can u please just fucking answer

the best is people sitting in base for the first 50 seconds of the game to buy their starting items and then you lose both bounty runes because of that shit

obviously most of the time they come in lane with magic wand and a salve

Nymerio

"hey are you playing this as support or offlane?"

hello?

answer fast plz"

picks offlaner, game starts

"i'm offlane, i put it on map!"

next game almost the exact same thing

can u please just fucking answer

This would actually be pretty easy to fix. Just have everyone select the lane they wish to play in before they can actually pick a hero. That way there's no excuse for shit like this, though I'm certain people would still manage to fuck up.

This would actually be pretty easy to fix. Just have everyone select the lane they wish to play in before they can actually pick a hero. That way there's no excuse for shit like this, though I'm certain people would still manage to fuck up.

awful idea, no thanks

PPD seems to be a very controlling guy. It's not a surprise he really resents being questioned during the drafting process.

Some teams do it as a group with one dominating voice and some teams just defer it all to the captain (voluntarily or by the captain's will, it could go either way).
Yeah, PPD is certainly a dominating presence on that team. I can't imagine it goes over well when someone questions him.

That said.... A captain that gets pissed when his team offers their input on a pick or something needs to sort some shit out.
awful idea, no thanks
yeah... Not for me.

Just because you win TI, doesn't mean you're flawless. Otherwise winning teams wouldn't have reshuffled or they would have won TI multiple times.

There are ways of phrasing things without sounding like a total dipshit. This blog post is a joke and serves as a confirmation of bias for people who hate/like him.

That coupled with the fact that he is "joke" tweeting to Aui on the same fucking day he just took a Monster(tm) shit on him..

I love Artour but my disdain for this fucker outways everything, hope they bleed blue in the next major.

just realized veno's gale deals 600 damage at level 4, geez
I'm tempted to try a 4-2-1-0 build on him now, using wards mainly for vision, but I don't know, it's still a DoT so that doesn't sound too reliable

22s cooldown is a lot too.

Well its t minus whatever hours until aui's interview with thoorin comes out.

So then Reddit can turn on ppd again?

All this drama just convinces me that esports are real. We have our own personality driven shit shows.

JudgeN

This what I took from his blog as well, very controlling and wants people to respect his authority or else. Most likely a horrible individual but i'm guessing we already knew that, I'm taking his point a view with a massive grain of salt.

Jadax

just realized veno's gale deals 600 damage at level 4, geez
I'm tempted to try a 4-2-1-0 build on him now, using wards mainly for vision, but I don't know, it's still a DoT so that doesn't sound too reliable

22s cooldown is a lot too.

Try a 4-2-0-1 - In my experience the lvl 1 ward is quite useless and easily killed off.

I went 4-4-0-3 + stats the other day and completely owned my lane. A lot depends on who you're up against ofc.

Lack of stun means the build is shite imo
Skipping wards is stupid, it's spammable free vision. I'd rather give 10 gold and 15 exp to the enemy than die because I didn't have vision

Deadly

It's unnecessarily harsh for sure and inaccurate when he was part of the TI winning team. Regardless, Aui's kicking seems reasonable.
This is what sucks about everyone believing Aui's kick was uncalled for and demanding reasons and explanations. Now we have them but it only serves to hurt him overall.

And cmon at people hating on ppd's last tweet. It's just a small tease. If anything he's right and Aui should have waited for the official statement. I'm sure he can still shop for a team in the meantime. People in the scene seem to have known and even then they'd know before the public anyways.

DrPizza

Banned
> whine about Aui's attitude
> have RTZ join the team

Something doesn't add up here.

But seriously. Who did CDEC waste their first two bans on? It wasn't Sumail (though I feel it should have been, to ban out Storm Spirit). It wasn't even Fear's Gyrocopter. It was Aui's Naga and fucking Techies. It's like CDEC only had 3 real bans. Maybe other teams would have different priorities, but to kick the player that your opponents are most worried about and create a weirdly imbalanced team as a result remains a weird decision.

Well naga is a top3 OP hero with lesh up there too, only EG and CDEC seemed to understand it this tournament though
Techies is just fucking hell to play against especially under pressure, and aui is pretty good on it, it's not a surprise they're both first bans to be honest

You don't want to pick storm spirit first, you'd expose yourself to counterpicks. Pick him 4th or 5th, 3rd in the worst case. Gyro is manageable although a top3 carry, only PL and AM come close imo, but he's manageable (lina, wyvern, etc)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This what I took from his blog as well, very controlling and wants people to respect his authority or else. Most likely a horrible individual but i'm guessing we already knew that, I'm taking his point a view with a massive grain of salt.

Right, that's the takeaway. Aui kicked for not respecting PPD's authority. Really appreciate PPD's candor on the matter.

Skinpop

Right, that's the takeaway. Aui kicked for not respecting PPD's authority. Really appreciate PPD's candor on the matter.

did you even read the blog? it's clear that aui had morale issues that affected the rest of the team that and he interfered with drafting in a negative way. it's draining to play with those kind of players so I understand why they kicked him. even EE said earlier this spring that aui would get toxic when things didn't go so well.

I don't agree with ppd outing auis shortcomings since it ends up hurting him a lot but I find his reasoning for doing so to be perfectly reasonable.

megalowho

Strong leadership and players that know their role is important in any team looking to compete at a high level. To use an NBA analogy, when Rondo joined the Mavs mid season and started openly questioning the coach and causing tension, he was benched in the playoffs and shown the door.

Also PPD's draft analysis didn't make him sound overly controlling, he develops strategy but took players suggestions into account with picks. Guy knows his faults and has been improving over time, no one's perfect. And none of these people are "most likely horrible individuals," whether you agree with their methods or not.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm sure Aui is no angel himself but this makes PPD look all the more petty. If this is the real reason, and not Fear's arm or RTZ or whatever, just come out and say it up front instead of hiding it away until it threatens to ruin your team's reputation (while exacerbating the PR nightmare over twitter with "jokes").

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
did you even read the blog? it's clear that aui had morale issues that affected the rest of the team that and he interfered with drafting in a negative way. it's draining to play with those kind of players so I understand why they kicked him. even EE said earlier this spring that aui would get toxic when things didn't go so well.

I don't agree with ppd outing auis shortcomings since it ends up hurting him a lot but I find his reasoning for doing so to be perfectly reasonable.

I was being sarcastic.

ed: for the record, I don't think PPD did anything wrong here, ever, including airing all that shit about Aui because Aui and reddit forced him to do so. I think PPD comes off as a dick a lot but he's just being dry and not take shit so seriously. People gonna interpret things however they want tho, so whatever. Have at it, haters.

G-Unit

IF only SaltPPD addressed why some pros feel like it was AUI who gave EG the chance to win IT (and of course universe) and it's still odd that he got kicked. Deep down he knows it wasn't his magic drafts that won it.

For me it's quite simple. PPD is full of himself. He is a boss, not a leader. No sympathy for him. Plus EG made me lose my $12 item :/ Thanks Loki

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm sure Aui is no angel himself but this makes PPD look all the more petty. If this is the real reason, and not Fear's arm or RTZ or whatever, just come out and say it up front instead of hiding it away until it threatens to ruin your team's reputation (while exacerbating the PR nightmare over twitter with "jokes").

Or just say it's due to 'differences' and leave it at that. Or you know, refuse to comment.

As I said, if EE managed to handle a social situation with more tact than you, it's probably time to re-evaluate your attitude.

yarden24

ed: for the record, I don't think PPD did anything wrong here, ever, including airing all that shit about Aui because Aui and reddit forced him to do so. I think PPD comes off as a dick a lot but he's just being dry and not take shit so seriously. People gonna interpret things however they want tho, so whatever. Have at it, haters.

Aui and reddit forced PPD to shit on AUI instead of just saying their personalities clashed?

Top Bottom