• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Wok

I was actually considering making an "Aspects of Dota nobody talks about" guide. A few things I would put in it:

- RTS Controls
- What all spell immunity entails
- Different types of Physical damage and armor (http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Damage_types#Effective_Physical_Damage_by_Attack_Type_and_Armor_Type)
- Common mechanics with spells and how they interact with others (for instance, Phase Shift, Astral Imprisonment, and Disruption being "banishes")

What about camera control? :D

What about camera control? :D

giphy.gif

I don't know if people in my bracket are just super poop or bs is really broken. But this is like the easiest I have hero I have ever used to mmr grind with. Even easier than troll

Chris R

I don't know if people in my bracket are just super poop or bs is really broken. But this is like the easiest I have hero I have ever used to mmr grind with. Even easier than troll

I dislike playing against BS because whatever lane you aren't in will take too much chip damage thinking nothing of it and next thing you know a 522ms sonic the ckyablat shows up and eats you

I dislike playing against BS because whatever lane you aren't in will take too much chip damage thinking nothing of it and next thing you know a 522ms sonic the ckyablat shows up and eats you

yea that shits horribly broken. it should have a mana cost or something

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I spent all weekend flaming in all chat to see how the other half lives and it was actually fairly cathartic! Word cloud be updated:

7vG027c.png

edit: for yuks, here's my list of purchases in that game I played against Techies last night

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1628627650
u5rJYbT.png

I'm not really sure what people expect Valve to do for those who aren't getting their visas outside of what support they already provide.

I can't imagine how I would feel if I miss an opportunity like that though. FeelsBadMan.

Gav47

I'm not really sure what people expect Valve to do for those who aren't getting their visas outside of what support they already provide.

I can't imagine how I would feel if I miss an opportunity like that though. FeelsBadMan.
the whole problem could be solved with a little democracy

e3rfSqN.jpg

inkls

The short film contest stretch goal was a great idea. Hopefully next time they allow for slightly longer clips as well.

yeah, I wonder with majors coming if they'll make it an annual thing or a quarterly thing also

I wish that game of roles short film was slightly better executed. The Durable and The Support are both horrible names.

they used what the heroes were listed under in the hero cards or w/e its called when you hover over them.

pompidu

Havent been keeping tabs too much, this on the usa end or home countries? no idea how visas work

Hylian7

Also, in the TI5 music pack, there is some set of notes in it that sound to me exactly like the "USB device unplugged" sound on Windows 7. Every time I hear it I keep thinking "WHAT GOT UNPLUGGED?!"

Havent been keeping tabs too much, this on the usa end or home countries? no idea how visas work
A visa is basically you asking the country you want to enter if you can come in. If you get one you can go there for whatever period of time it allows you.

The United States (and other countries do this too) is saying to the young 20 something players with very little at home (money or property) that they are a flight risk and will just stay in the US instead of return when their visa is up. So you have people from the poorer countries in the SEA and Easter Europe getting their visas denied by the government so they can't go to TI5.

Valve can do nothing about this because it's a company and not part of the government. But that doesn't stop people from begging and pleading on reddit.

-Snooze-

Banned
GPU fan has packed in so looks like I won't be playing for awhile, I've been looking for an excuse for a new rig for awhile now anyway.

Gonna take this time off to read up and improve my game, feels like I'm stuck in a rut, with the amount of time I've put into the game I should have a far higher mmr, and if I'm honest my team mates are more of them than no absolute trash

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
A visa is basically you asking the country you want to enter if you can come in. If you get one you can go there for whatever period of time it allows you.

The United States (and other countries do this too) is saying to the young 20 something players with very little at home (money or property) that they are a flight risk and will just stay in the US instead of return when their visa is up. So you have people from the poorer countries in the SEA and Easter Europe getting their visas denied by the government so they can't go to TI5.

Valve can do nothing about this because it's a company and not part of the government. But that doesn't stop people from begging and pleading on reddit.

wow....sounds like the american dream is DEAD and BURIED

Top Bottom