• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

hey! Is the 6.85 patch out ye...
misc-frog.gif

Hylian7

6.84 is still my favorite patch thus far. Even with bullshit like Lesh and Gyro, there is still a great balance of every kind of Dota: early aggression, farming to late game, taking it mid game, etc.

kionedrik

Why do people tend to forget 2 of the biggest offenders in 6.84? It's easy to point out Lesh and Gyro but no one ever speaks of Lina and Techies.

It's a great patch but 6.85 needs to severely nerf these 4 and give a slap on the wrist to BH, BS and Tusk.

edit: I forgot about Naga. That makes it 5 that need severe nerfs, although this last one could be done via the interaction of the hero with octarine.

M.D

Anyone else got a msg about Reborn in the normal client? I got "Dota 2 Reborn Has finished downloading..." but closed it before reading the whole thing :|

I have not downloaded Reborn so I don't know why it appeared

Why do people tend to forget 2 of the biggest offenders in 6.84? It's easy to point out Lesh and Gyro but no one ever speaks of Lina and Techies.

It's a great patch but 6.85 needs to severely nerf these 4 and give a slap on the wrist to BH, BS and Tusk.

edit: I forgot about Naga. That makes it 5 that need severe nerfs, although this last one could be done via the interaction of the hero with octarine.

I hope line gets the proper nerf she should have gotten back when 6.84 was out.

Hylian7

I hope line gets the proper nerf she should have gotten back when 6.84 was out.
Agreed, tired of seeing her and how much of a pain in the ass it is to lane against her. Only Lesh really contends with her well.

QoP is on the nerf list too. Probably a change to Shadowstrike most likely.

I think Spirit Breaker needs a slap on the wrist too, in the form of making Greater Bash pseudo RNG, "resetting" it on the free Bash from charge or ult too. I had a game a while back where I was Storm, and SB charged me at level 2-3, he gets two bashes AFTER the charge Bash and I was under my tower, as I knew the charge was coming. I died of course as I couldn't do anything due to the ridiculous permabash. Pseudo RNG would be much more fair.

The game after that one also had an SB charging me mid, this time no stupid permabash. Went completely different as a result

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think Spirit Breaker needs a slap on the wrist too, in the form of making Greater Bash pseudo RNG, "resetting" it on the free Bash from charge or ult too. I had a game a while back where I was Storm, and SB charged me at level 2-3, he gets two bashes AFTER the charge Bash and I was under my tower, as I knew the charge was coming. I died of course as I couldn't do anything due to the ridiculous permabash. Pseudo RNG would be much more fair.

The game after that one also had an SB charging me mid, this time no stupid permabash. Went completely different as a result

That is why I find him one of the most fun heroes to play! I hope he does not get nerfed again, feels like the first time he has been decent in ages.

Also how the fuck do you play tree? I try to rush aghs after mana boots but I just feel completely useless. I guess it does not help I always end up solo supporting.

(this post was alot longer but my connection dropped as I am on a boat ffs)

Actually since I spoke about playing support rarely earlier I just played a game of CM and still somehow ended up with Tranqs/BKB/Blink/Glimmer/Ghost Scepter.

I just get money despite myself.

AC ?
DansGame.png

blink rapier or bust

I agree. TBH, I was expecting more from PL and consequently I assumed I'd need to tank more. AC made sense in my mind, but I really did want a blink. I just didn't want to go full glass cannon and since I went double daed, I felt like it was either AC or heart. I gave PL too much respect, but better a little safer than sorry.

It's always weird when people get so angry and frustrated over voice chat that they literally sound like they want to cry. I always feel like I should recommend them a mental health hotline or something but there's no way to say that without it sounding like a troll.

I don't even play ranked.

Russian speaking suicide Baras on fucking west EU servers, Always.
If no suicide Bara i get paired with "special" person i already muted and reported twice. Why Valve? Why?

Cyka blyat penopt blyat cyka hurr durr.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Liquid fire doesn't do any damage though. I get that it's a free skill but I never know when to level it because its damage output is so low for harassing.

It's not huge but it's free, is an orb (ie no creep agro shenanigans), and is esp good for early towers
max it at 7 no questions asked, or 8 if you max dual breath first but eh

kionedrik

Only two? His ult is marginal too.

Dual Breath and Macropyre are garbage tier. Macropyre might as well be the worst ulti in the game. Dual Breath is in the top 5 worst spells easily.

On the other hand, Liquid Fire is one of the best skills in the game and Ice Path is also very good.

He is one of my most played heroes and it's quite sad to see him in this state...

Main issue with jakiro is he's mostly good against solo laners, and dual lanes are more common in this meta
He's really good in a dual safe vs solo offlane for example, but shit in a 2v2 or 3v2

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The thing with liquid fire is; do you max it first? Then you get a decent(ish) lane harass and can push a tower, but that means disturbing lane equilibrium. But if you don't take dual breath then you don't have much damage in the early game, and dual breath is really good in the early game because you can slow people too.

I've never tried not taking ice path.

maxing ice path first means 0 damage and you need a setup for it, I just take a value point kinda early (ie around lv 6) but don't bother too much with it, it's pretty shit before euls imo

kionedrik

The thing with liquid fire is; do you max it first? Then you get a decent(ish) lane harass and can push a tower, but that means disturbing lane equilibrium. But if you don't take dual breath then you don't have much damage in the early game, and dual breath is really good in the early game because you can slow people too.

I've never tried not taking ice path.

E-Q-E-W-E-W-E-W-W-R

That's how I usually skill him nowadays. You want to max LF to maximize the damage and minimize the cd. I max Ice path next to increase stun duration and reduce the cd. I get 1 level of DB early to harass if necessary. I hate the skill's low range, long animation and meh results...

Bilix

I'm not convinced that Lina is OP. She just fits the meta really well right now. I'd rather see other things get buffed.

I just wish ice path didn't have a 90 year startup animation

I get that it compares decently to fissure and can be really strong, it's just completely unsatisfying to play a hero with slow movespeed, slow turnspeed, and slow animations on everything.

E-Q-E-W-E-W-E-W-W-R

That's how I usually skill him nowadays. You want to max LF to maximize the damage and minimize the cd. I max Ice path next to increase stun duration and reduce the cd. I get 1 level of DB early to harass if necessary. I hate the skill's low range, long animation and meh results...

dual breath has 1000 range, and slows 40% at max level, on top of 380 damage on a 10s CD
Try EQEQEWEQQRRWWW some day

Top Bottom