• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Volodja

E-Q-E-W-E-W-E-W-W-R

That's how I usually skill him nowadays. You want to max LF to maximize the damage and minimize the cd. I max Ice path next to increase stun duration and reduce the cd. I get 1 level of DB early to harass if necessary. I hate the skill's low range, long animation and meh results...
DB doesn't actually have low range, it's pretty easy to cover quite a few heroes in it and with Liquid Fire on top you get -90 AS and 40% slow with a pretty hefty dot on top (500 damage in 5 seconds). I prefer that over 1.2 more seconds of stun on Ice Path early on when that AS debuff is gonna be quite big.

manfestival

vainglory is pretty awesome but I am not down with the idea of spending dota 2 time on a tiny screen. rather been hunched over clicking away with my mouse.

Also, is rapira clockwerk viable?

rapier's only good on like 5 heroes
dac15_blush.gif

dusa gyro ember kunkka WK.. windranger maybe ?

Rapier isn't good on most strength heroes since it's most effective if you have a lot of attack speed and strength heroes usually lack that.

Some obvious exceptions though like Kunkka, maybe Sven too if he didn't already need 8 items just to be not trash. Is it good on Huskar?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is Slardar's immortal the first pay2win item? It's so much easier to see the range of Slam.

There are a bunch of items like that, the Axe Helm and Magnus skewer come to mind. And I do feel they are kind of pay2win, since they make it a lot easier to visualize the AoE.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I wish that Dusa's ult was more obvious too, the number of times I've been clocked because it lasts like two seconds longer than the scream.

I wish that Dusa's ult was more obvious too, the number of times I've been clocked because it lasts like two seconds longer than the scream.
I think she has this shiny effect the whole time, pay attention to that, not the sound
I still haven't figured out what's Dragon Slave range

Whatever it is it's too big
about tree fiddy I think
Yeah spells should have more visual fidelity compared to their actual AoE or range

Low Tier
psh

lesh
naga
lina
gyro
bh
tusk
earthshaker
storm
ww
wr
sf
pl

thats ur list, in order of offensiveness (Not all heroes should get direct nerfs per say, some its just item combinations with the hero)

QoP is 100% fine right now, very small tweaks needed but those will most likely come when the meta changes around her. Secret imba pick is CM atm, probably disruptor soon. ET is 100% ass right now, BS is fine learn to play.

manfestival

I have always wondered... how annoying is it to be one of the people being blocked by one of these stupid signs?

//c1.staticflickr.com/1/367/20197762009_1eb314a5ee_b.jpg

PogChamp 3 MERLINIS?!

I have always wondered... how annoying is it to be one of the people being blocked by one of these stupid signs?

//c1.staticflickr.com/1/367/20197762009_1eb314a5ee_b.jpg

PogChamp 3 MERLINIS?!

Being around so many memes must feel empowering
Also an ad for a fuckin website I know I'm never visiting lmao

psh

lesh
naga
lina
gyro
bh
tusk
earthshaker
storm
ww
wr
sf
pl

thats ur list, in order of offensiveness (Not all heroes should get direct nerfs per say, some its just item combinations with the hero)

QoP is 100% fine right now, very small tweaks needed but those will most likely come when the meta changes around her. Secret imba pick is CM atm, probably disruptor soon. ET is 100% ass right now, BS is fine learn to play.

Why WR? I don't see her being too strong honestly, especially not compared to PL.

Trickster

This is a decently long but, but I just wanted to tell the tale of what I think was my first run in with one of these toxic player stacks that I seem to hear you guys talking about sometimes. We won, but still, jesus fucking christ what a bunch of morons.

I start of getting told to please not pick PA since they've had bad luck with PA players. Fair enough, I'll just pick Luna then. No objection to that either, great.

They pick AM offlane after knowing I'll go safelane carry though, which seems kinda dumb. And also an enigma and techies, plus a mid SF, so no support, great.

Game then starts off not going too well, on account of several factors, big one being no one buys wards at all ( i end up buying one so I can see incoming rotations to my lane ).

After a while I end up starting to get forced to other places than my lane because of it being a very high risk lane at that point. So I try to jungle a bit, and enigma goes completely mental, calls me a retard and tells me to fuck off etc. Because this is his jungle, so I need to gtfo out of there apparently.

So at this point I'm like "oh boy this gonna be a long one". So I decide, alright, I'm Luna, safelane carry, I can easily go kill our ancient stack for all that sweet gold. But no, SF goes mental the moment I even get near the stack, starts spam pinging me, and once I start killing the stack, he starts flaming me because I'm killing the ancient that he stacked. And the enigma obviously joins on on this, calling me things again.

Anyway, I kill the stack, while having words with these morons, and then move around the map a bit trying to find farm ( which is damn hard when you have a luna, AM, SF and enigma on one team ). After a bit I unfortunately die due to getting outmanned. And Enigma tells me to stop feeding. Which I couldn't help but point out was a pretty fucking ironic thing to say, him being 0-3 himself, and his friends being like 0-4, 2-6 respectively, while I was 4-5 after dying just then. And again SF decides to join in, something about me being dumb for buying manta when they're trying to go lategame or something. At this point I sorta stopped paying attention completely since I was so tired of listening to them.

Oh also, of course they told the other team to report me at some point during the game, can't remember when exactly, but it happened, and for no good reason.

Here's the game if anyone is interested - https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1729700896. Normally have better farm on Luna, but like I said, was damn hard finding farm with such a greedy lineup.
Aso, I really just want to point out how fucking bad enigma was, since he was the most vitriloic of the bunch. Spend nearly the entire game in jungle, farming, got refresher orb, and the proceeded to mainly splitpush lanes slowly and hardly using black hole the entire game, let alone refresher.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What's a good hero for a beginner to use?

I played a few bot vs bot matches of dota 2 yesterday and thought that the dragonknight was a pretty decent option, due to his durability.

Is this chart somewhat accurate?
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Hero_Difficulty

Thanks!

I remember looking at that page around when I first started Dota 2 a couple years ago! I was wondering if I'd ever see it again. Just glancing at the list, yeah it does seem to recommend a lot of supports and easier to play carries to beginners. I'd say it's a pretty good difficulty guideline.

I remember looking at that page around when I first started Dota 2 a couple years ago! I was wondering if I'd ever see it again. Just glancing at the list, yeah it does seem to recommend a lot of supports and easier to play carries to beginners. I'd say it's a pretty good difficulty guideline.

I never saw that page and so I started with Chen then Lina then Treant Protector. Baptism by fire.

What's a good hero for a beginner to use?

I played a few bot vs bot matches of dota 2 yesterday and thought that the dragonknight was a pretty decent option, due to his durability.

Is this chart somewhat accurate?
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Hero_Difficulty

Thanks!
Yes DK isn't too hard and he's pretty fun imo. That chart is okay though it does have some weird ratings for heroes that really aren't as hard as they make it seem ot vice versa.

PyrionFlax says Rick and Morty announcer out today but Meeseeks courier is not happening yet. I was gonna sell the courier anyway but I guess it will cost more this way.

PyrionFlax says Rick and Morty announcer out today but Meeseeks courier is not happening yet. I was gonna sell the courier anyway but I guess it will cost more this way.

good. I love Meeseeks but that courier looked ass.

my wallet is ready for the announcer pack so then I will be playing a remake of mod from blizzard game while listening to Rick and Morty and using a Final Fantasy chocobo courier.
happytears.gif

G.ZZZ

psh

lesh
naga
lina
gyro
bh
tusk
earthshaker
storm
ww
wr
sf
pl

Tusk and WW are ass , WR too. You'll get nerf on Gyro, Lesh possibly somethign on naga/bh/lina and u'll like it.

I swear every patch there's like 10 people asking for nerfs of heroes that are completely unwarranted, you guys all need to check ur priorities checked.

Tusk and WW are ass , WR too. You'll get nerf on Gyro, Lesh possibly somethign on naga and lina and u'll like it.

I swear every patch there's like 10 people asking for nerfs of heroes that are completely unwarranted, you guys all need to check ur priorities checked.

IMO, lesh needs minor nerfs but Tusk seriously needs a change because that snowball is just too good a spell, particularly in competitive play.

EDIT: Also, how the hell is Tusk "ass"? He's literally first-pick/first-ban material.

pompidu

This is a decently long but, but I just wanted to tell the tale of what I think was my first run in with one of these toxic player stacks that I seem to hear you guys talking about sometimes. We won, but still, jesus fucking christ what a bunch of morons.

I start of getting told to please not pick PA since they've had bad luck with PA players. Fair enough, I'll just pick Luna then. No objection to that either, great.

They pick AM offlane after knowing I'll go safelane carry though, which seems kinda dumb. And also an enigma and techies, plus a mid SF, so no support, great.

Game then starts off not going too well, on account of several factors, big one being no one buys wards at all ( i end up buying one so I can see incoming rotations to my lane ).

After a while I end up starting to get forced to other places than my lane because of it being a very high risk lane at that point. So I try to jungle a bit, and enigma goes completely mental, calls me a retard and tells me to fuck off etc. Because this is his jungle, so I need to gtfo out of there apparently.

So at this point I'm like "oh boy this gonna be a long one". So I decide, alright, I'm Luna, safelane carry, I can easily go kill our ancient stack for all that sweet gold. But no, SF goes mental the moment I even get near the stack, starts spam pinging me, and once I start killing the stack, he starts flaming me because I'm killing the ancient that he stacked. And the enigma obviously joins on on this, calling me things again.

Anyway, I kill the stack, while having words with these morons, and then move around the map a bit trying to find farm ( which is damn hard when you have a luna, AM, SF and enigma on one team ). After a bit I unfortunately die due to getting outmanned. And Enigma tells me to stop feeding. Which I couldn't help but point out was a pretty fucking ironic thing to say, him being 0-3 himself, and his friends being like 0-4, 2-6 respectively, while I was 4-5 after dying just then. And again SF decides to join in, something about me being dumb for buying manta when they're trying to go lategame or something. At this point I sorta stopped paying attention completely since I was so tired of listening to them.

Oh also, of course they told the other team to report me at some point during the game, can't remember when exactly, but it happened, and for no good reason.

Here's the game if anyone is interested - https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1729700896. Normally have better farm on Luna, but like I said, was damn hard finding farm with such a greedy lineup.
Aso, I really just want to point out how fucking bad enigma was, since he was the most vitriloic of the bunch. Spend nearly the entire game in jungle, farming, got refresher orb, and the proceeded to mainly splitpush lanes slowly and hardly using black hole the entire game, let alone refresher.

Dota has by far the worst community of players I have ever been apart of. I am apart of that problem i admit, but i really only call out people when they're doing dumb shit. In your case, you shoulda just went full support to save you aggravation. Also dont waste reports, save them for really toxic players.

somehow I just can't win as leshrac

It's easy enough to spam lightning my lane til the other guy wants to cry but then I realize my team is losing the other 2 lanes and there isn't anything I can do to stop us from slowly losing objectives for the rest of the game.

I stopped building bloodstone first because it's pointless if my team will lose every fight, and euls first is really useful, but it seems like I need atleast 3 items to totally faceroll and I don't have enough space to farm them.

Top Bottom