• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

G.ZZZ

Tusk had a 52% win rate over all the international and he thrived on the fact that the most picked supports were ass against him since he's an extremely weak offlaner. If instead of dazzle/WW you had strong zoning supports as top picks, tusk would never had that high of a win/pickrate tbh.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Dota has by far the worst community of players I have ever been apart of. I am apart of that problem i admit, but i really only call out people when they're doing dumb shit. In your case, you shoulda just went full support to save you aggravation. Also dont waste reports, save them for really toxic players.

> We need wards.
> We need wards.
> We need wards.
> Well played!
> We need wards.
> We need wards.
> We need wards.
> We need wards.
> We need wards.

KingKong

Dota is a lot less toxic than CS:GO imo, people are downright mean in GO especially because of how many times you're just watching someone fail

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tusk needs a tweak to his mana costs imo, just because at the moment if he gets an easy six he can roam and gank too much

Reduce snowball idle duration for every hero that's taken in by 1s (ie if he takes his whole team the snowball launches instantly)
No more 4s invuln for whole team

bbd23

LMAO WHAT ARE THE ODDS

my two demiheroes came in

od and death prophet

really wanted a gold OD and my dp to be regular and

CM3rU0gVAAArkK4.jpg:large

blessed

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
tusk needs a tweak to his mana costs imo, just because at the moment if he gets an easy six he can roam and gank too much

This is a big problem with many of the OP heroes imo. Mana management has kinda become a thing of the past for a particular group of heroes. Storm seemingly just zipping anywhere and everywhere, lina never seems to run out, leshrac's big two items fix all of his survivability weaknesses and give him all the mana he needs to boot, track mana cost was reduced by quite a bit, SF has always had low manacost shadowraze, the massive buff to arcane boots, etc... It just ends up leading to FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT spam spam spam heroes that have little to no downtime (specifically between farming and fighting).

Whereas on the other side of the spectrum you have heroes like say Sven who lose 10% of their mana pool when casting a fucking 25 mana warcry and have to facetank jungle creeps to boot--so you can't transition as seamlessly/smoothly and be as active as many of these domineering midlaners.

Wok

somehow I just can't win as leshrac

It's easy enough to spam lightning my lane til the other guy wants to cry but then I realize my team is losing the other 2 lanes and there isn't anything I can do to stop us from slowly losing objectives for the rest of the game.

I stopped building bloodstone first because it's pointless if my team will lose every fight, and euls first is really useful, but it seems like I need atleast 3 items to totally faceroll and I don't have enough space to farm them.

You cannot expect that the hero would be so imbalanced that you could "totally faceroll" every game. It happened in 6.83 and this time is gone.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You cannot expect that the hero would be so imbalanced that you could "totally faceroll" every game. It happened in 6.83 and this time is gone.

doesn't lesh have a pretty similar winrate to the worst offenders of 6.83?

Gav47

Dota is a lot less toxic than CS:GO imo, people are downright mean in GO especially because of how many times you're just watching someone fail

Being the last person alive at the end of the round is the worst, especially if you don't make at least one good play, its just intsa-votekick.

Nymerio

lol yeah, I was kinda surprised the last time I played CS:GO. There was only me and a guy on the other team left, we both rounded the same corner but he got me first (I have old man reflexes) and this guy on my team asks me in all seriousness why I didn't shoot the guy. I had to laugh at that. I mean I was trying ,but I guess it just wasn't mean to be and it's not like I was enjoying the scenery waiting for someone to shoot me. The other guy was just quicker on the trigger.

The interesting thing about the queueing in Dota is that I think it actually does match you with people based on how you get rated after a match. I have to friends who are notorious whiners/flamers and whenever I play with them we usually get matched with people who seem to have the same approach to the game. But if I play with some of my better behaved friends or solo queue match quality imrpoves significantly.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Being the last person alive at the end of the round is the worst, especially if you don't make at least one good play, its just intsa-votekick.

That's the hilarious part about cs go, it's often better (from a flame/blame-game perspective) to rush in and die first with a horrendous score rather than play things somewhat slower and score 2-3 crucial kills every round, but then fail to clutch and get hit with all the blame cause you're the last one alive.

The absolute best is when you hold down your site, but the 2-3 guys left rotate and massacre the other site—leaving you as the last guy, naturally, "wTF MAN u jUST baitin us fkn FAIL thnx for lost round!"

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
aight we all kno who the op dota heroes are, but now that the TI dust has settled—the question is: which heroes are bottom five on your list?

me:
5) Medusa
4) TB
3) Death Prophet
2) Elder Titan
1) Necro

aight we all kno who the op dota heroes are, but now that the TI dust has settled—the question is: which heroes are bottom five on your list?

me:
5) Medusa
4) TB
3) Death Prophet
2) Elder Titan
1) Necro

oh you are using your old avatar. so swag.

5-lone druid
4-tb
3-doom
2-death prophet
1- elder titan

G.ZZZ

me:
5) Medusa
4) TB
3) Death Prophet
2) Elder Titan
1) Necro

5) Strong independent black woman who need no man
4) Sexist Commander
3) Legion Commander
2) LC
1) Losing commander

xanavi

That's the hilarious part about cs go, it's often better (from a flame/blame-game perspective) to rush in and die first with a horrendous score rather than play things somewhat slower and score 2-3 crucial kills every round, but then fail to clutch and get hit with all the blame cause you're the last one alive.

The absolute best is when you hold down your site, but the 2-3 guys left rotate and massacre the other site—leaving you as the last guy, naturally, "wTF MAN u jUST baitin us fkn FAIL thnx for lost round!"

That is so bizarre, I've been playing csgo for 200 hours now and I have never heard anyone whine like that after a failed clutch. The most I've ever heard was some calmly-spoken criticism but usually it's just "nice try" or silence.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
That is so bizarre, I've been playing csgo for 200 hours now and I have never heard anyone whine like that after a failed clutch. The most I've ever heard was some calmly-spoken criticism but usually it's just "nice try" or silence.

xanavi im in potato tier freakinchair bracket bro ur like cs go 5k mmr right

inkls

Lone druid. It seems people keep forgetting about him. Its one of the legit few heroes I feel actually need a rework because you don't have much to do except to run at heroes and do dmg. I feel like he doesn't have enough stuff thats not just stat boosts.

Batrider is trash
I've only seen Oracle played when he gets randomed
Is Elder Titan still a hero in this game?

Also Slark could probably use a buff tbh

TheCrow

Batrider is trash
I've only seen Oracle played when he gets randomed
Is Elder Titan still a hero in this game?

Also Slark could probably use a buff tbh

NOOOOO! Do you know what you've potentially done? Maybe he won't see this.

Edit: Shit, I just brought more attention to it.
dac15_sad.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

me:
5) Medusa
4) TB
3) Death Prophet
2) Elder Titan
1) Necro

Necro is such a rockstar in pubs tho... I always manage to slay with that hero and I'm actually the worst Dota player on the planet. The rest of those heroes are actually do-nothing heroes. Necro removes heroes from the game for minutes at a time, he's such a piece of shit.

Necro is such a rockstar in pubs tho... I always manage to slay with that hero and I'm actually the worst Dota player on the planet. The rest of those heroes are actually do-nothing heroes. Necro removes heroes from the game for minutes at a time, he's such a piece of shit.
If your opponents aren't idiots they'll get glimmer cape and your hero will not matter 90% of the time.

Top Bottom