• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

bbd23

Going to start playing literally just because of the Rick and Morty pack.

grave.gif

good luck

kionedrik

Not necessarily. An example of this would something like Luna emerging as a pick during TI5. Before TI5 everyone thought she was trash. Now nobody really thinks she is OP per se, but definitely much stronger than they thought before.

Wasn't her wr below 50%?

And I think she was only picked because:
a) she fitted some early aggression drafts
b) all the other 5 or 6 top picks were picked/banned. I still rarely see her in pubs because this doesn't happen.

If Secret had picked PA for instance nobody would have noticed Luna for the rest of TI.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
but slark didn't emerge during TI

and he hasn't got a stellar wr in pubs

your fave, SS, also has a favourable wr against him

i think it's time to admit that your problems with slark are with you and not the hero

TUSR

Banned
Hylian your thoughts and opinions on hero balance are unhealthy.

I know you mean well in bringing up discussion about the state of the game and upcoming balance changes.

But holy hell. Give this Slark shit a rest.

Not necessarily. An example of this would something like Luna emerging as a pick during TI5. Before TI5 everyone thought she was trash. Now nobody really thinks she is OP per se, but definitely much stronger than they thought before.
Slark got FIFTH PICKED several times, that means he got picked into a team that's not able to deal with him very well, which for a hero like Slark should mean a very good game if he's anywhere near OP, yet he lost those games. If anything, that proves that he's a weak hero unless you're implying that pro carry players can't play a competent Slark, which is nonsense.

This will be my only post regarding Slark.

I guess I won't be sharing my hot new Slark/Windrunner fanfic with you.
Slark Naga OTP

Windrunner don't need no man
I actually think LC is still pretty good. Take her in lane and you can wreck with her.
I really like her in lane but she has a really hard time staying ahead and besides her Q and using her W on teammates she has a terribly hard time doing much in teamfights. Only thing she's good at is the laning phase and picking off players dumb enough to show in lane when they're not with their team, but she can't even use the advantage she gains from those pickoffs into anything meaningful.

Icefrog is terrified of any hero that he ports over from Dota 2, almost all of the past 5 or so new heroes that got added got nerfed to hell(most deserved it) before getting added to CM.

JC Sera

Dota cinema is slow on the announcer uptake for once

also got my first pm on reddit to release the survey results, even tho I said 5-7 days

I go MoM on slark. It's super good. Better than AC, tbh.

It's pretty bad. I build it when I'm playing low level pubs with my brother or something. Or when I'm clowning around. It's fun as hell.

Demoli

Techies is the stupidest, most dumbfuck hero in the entire game.

There is not a single techeis game that is enjoyable.

Actually remove the hero holy shit.

W1SSY

So, Puppy/EE Secret Team basically confirmed?

Does Matt have anything to add to our wild speculation?

Are you basing that off the fact that EE said he would have played with RTZ if EG didn't kick Aui? It would have been interesting to see that Secret roster with Puppey, RTZ, and EE.
I assume it would have been EE playing safe and RTZ mid. They would have only needed a 4 and an offlane.

JC Sera

tbh if slark is op in anyway, its that if you dont have any specific counters to him, (aoe, aoe stun) hes next to impossible to kill

if you do have counters and kill him early enough hes ineffectual as fuck

Top Bottom