• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Kard8p3

probably

get that salary

thats the only money theyd make being on alliance

charm_laugh.gif
charm_laugh.gif

W1SSY

How can you tell what teams are relevant when only about three western teams are solidified and one Eastern team? I have to imagine Alliance is probably one of the better teams to be on because I have to imagine that GoodGame Agency takes care of them.

KingKong

How can you tell what teams are relevant when only about three western teams are solidified and one Eastern team? I have to imagine Alliance is probably one of the better teams to be on because I have to imagine that GoodGame Agency takes care of them.

Tbh from all the roster rumors Alliance could easily end up the third best western team after EG and VP

pompidu

We are back to slark.. wtf hes fine. How about we talk about shit that actually needs to be removed from the game like techies and glimmer cape.

honestly as much as I like zai as a player and as a dude I don't want him to be a part of this shit scene

getting an education and improving yaself is the cute thing to do

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
honestly as much as I like zai as a player and as a dude I don't want him to be a part of this shit scene

getting an education and improving yaself is the cute thing to do

Eh, he can always get an education later. How long will he remain a world class player?

And education for its own sake is easier with a financial cushion. He can build for himself a very solid foundation to live life in a way unavailable to most of us, assuming it doesn't, and I agree with you here, destroy his personality.

Zai is sucha good player, he would level up any team so hard.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/zai-201508211164749

fangrilling hard
mayatomr_romance.gif

link no workie

Eh, he can always get an education. How long will he remain a world class player?

And education for its own sake is easier with a financial cushion. He can build for himself a very solid foundation to live life in a way unavailable to most of us, assuming it doesn't, and I agree with you here, destroy his personality.

this. prorities, people. you can always go to school, get a degree and make average money. What you can't do, however, is can't compete at a professional level and make potentially millions in your youth. Make that fuckin money.

man you guys complain about bad players

At least you don't have people saying "glimmer cape is bad" and refusing to buy it when necrophos is on the other team and then flame you for buying it as gyro

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Thinking about moving to HotS full time. It doesn't make me hate myself the way Dota does. Plus a butt rock skin for my guitar slinging bovid is hats I can feel good about.

Hylian7

man you guys complain about bad players

At least you don't have people saying "glimmer cape is bad" and refusing to buy it when necrophos is on the other team and then flame you for buying it as gyro

surprise.gif

I had no idea there was any MMR where people thought Glimmer Cape was bad.

I feel like Mad was the one thing on Alliance that gave them the most hope the past year.

I don't see how getting the same squad (minus EGM) that accomplished nothing at TI4 would bring them better results next year, unless they're banking on meta changes favorable to their style.

I need 60 points for another compendium level and more Free™ immortals. Seems like the easiest way is winning a Reborn match since I actually forgot to make my main event predictions.
facepalm.gif

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I feel like Mad was the one thing on Alliance that gave them the most hope the past year.

I don't see how getting the same squad (minus EGM) that accomplished nothing at TI4 would bring them better results next year, unless they're banking on meta changes favorable to their style.

It could work, because of new insights on how other teams work, plus the break, perhaps it will fuel new fires within the reconstructed team.

I am not really worried about who goes where, I just hope all the players are happy and we get some great dota at the next major!~

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
this. prorities, people. you can always go to school, get a degree and make average money. What you can't do, however, is can't compete at a professional level and make potentially millions in your youth. Make that fuckin money.

Another thing is, Dota pros burn out fast. Whether it's because it wasn't a sustainable career (for a long time) or because of age-related deterioration or something else is anyone's guess, but there's probably a reason only a few players like Fear and Burning have been been able to remain relevant into their 30s. Look at Maelk, Merlini, and Loda. The old guard are no match for the young prodigies of today like RTZ, Sumail and Zai.

There is no guarantee Zai will be as good in his mid-late 20s as he is now, and no guarantee that there won't be a whole new generation of Zais and Sumails to give him a run for his money. Who even knows how long this so called "electronic sports" fad will last anyway?

He should make the most of his talents while he can rely on them. At least, that's what I would do.

Another thing is, Dota pros burn out fast. Whether it's because it wasn't a sustainable career (for a long time) or because of age-related deterioration or something else is anyone's guess, but there's probably a reason only a few players like Fear and Burning have been been able to remain relevant into their 30s. Look at Maelk, Merlini, and Loda. The old guard are no match for the young prodigies of today like RTZ, Sumail and Zai.

There is no guarantee Zai will be as good in his mid-late 20s as he is now, and no guarantee that there won't be a whole new generation of Zais and Sumails to give him a run for his money. Who even knows how long this so called "electronic sports" fad will last anyway?

He should make the most of his talents while he can rely on them. At least, that's what I would do.
that's what the wise would do. If I in some parallel universe had the option to (a) make hundreds of thousands (and maybe millions) from 18-25 years old or go to U. Michigan and get my Comp Sci degree, I'd hope that parallel universe Haly would find their way to my dreams to tell me it's not a fucking question: make that fuckin money and go to UM after where you can get whatever degree you want and be debt free and probably not actually have to work hard for another day of life unless I want to spend big. Not that I didn't enjoy running 3 of Michigan's largest student run organizations, being a national officer for the largest student org in the world, joining a frat and making countless friends and memories...but they don't pay bills.

Sanjay

Lets be clear, eSports is going no where. Its only going to grow, now the real question is which games will have the money pots.

I don't think age comes into a factor when your role is 3,4 and 5, experience is way more important in my eyes and how well you are in team-play situations.

If you treat it like a job you will sustain your quality, have to keep on training to remain good.

And that's just at the pro level games, Not even gone into how much you could make on Twitch streaming games, either way, loads of money to be had if you got the talent and dedication to do it.
cool.gif

Lets be clear, eSports is going no where but up. Its only going to grow, now the real question is which games will have the money pots.

I don't think age comes into a factor when your role is 3,4 and 5, experience is way more important in my eyes and how well you are in team-play situations.

If you treat it like a job you will sustain your quality, have to keep on training to remain good.

And that's just at the pro level games, Not even gone into how much you could make on Twitch streaming games, either way, loads of money to be had if you got the talent and dedication to do it.
cool.gif

fixed for what I believe you meant to say. and absolutely. when you think about the reality that if you can be simply good enough (not simple, but go with it) to remain valuable to any of the top 15 teams in the world, you've pretty much set yourself up to make at least $100k USD/year. And growing. For playing a video game. You're doing better than 99% of the free world and you might not even be old enough to drink.
bts_lina.gif

that's something you do until you can't do it anymore. or unless it's your dream to be like...an astronaut or something that requires a number of years and has sort of a limited age to get started in the process.

My captain, my king.

my dearest Bo ;_;7

Top Bottom