• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

pompidu

A visa is basically you asking the country you want to enter if you can come in. If you get one you can go there for whatever period of time it allows you.

The United States (and other countries do this too) is saying to the young 20 something players with very little at home (money or property) that they are a flight risk and will just stay in the US instead of return when their visa is up. So you have people from the poorer countries in the SEA and Easter Europe getting their visas denied by the government so they can't go to TI5.

Valve can do nothing about this because it's a company and not part of the government. But that doesn't stop people from begging and pleading on reddit.

damn. That is fucked. Gaben gonna have to grease some palms to get them in. Crazy shit, thanks for explaining.

G.ZZZ

A visa is basically you asking the country you want to enter if you can come in. If you get one you can go there for whatever period of time it allows you.

The United States (and other countries do this too) is saying to the young 20 something players with very little at home (money or property) that they are a flight risk and will just stay in the US instead of return when their visa is up. So you have people from the poorer countries in the SEA and Easter Europe getting their visas denied by the government so they can't go to TI5.

Valve can do nothing about this because it's a company and not part of the government. But that doesn't stop people from begging and pleading on reddit.

Can't have poors coming to enjoy the american dream.

Meanwhile we take in about 1 thousand people who have no qualifications or money each month. And europe is telling us they can stay here but not cross borders
highfive.gif

Fevaweva

Just had 5 games in a row where my team got absolutely fucking oblitered and I played fairly well. I think I will have a break. Sick of this meta of SB, Techies, Bloodcyka etc.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
valve should just tell the immigration authorities that there's a decent chance that they'll be rich after the tournament

then the USA will let them stay
smile.gif
smile.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
does it even make sense to say 'the best player in the world' in a game where there's such a multitude of different roles and playstyles? it would at least make sense to say 'the best carry' in the world or 'the best hard support'

Jex

I mean, maybe you're just feeling that because Tusk is the best hero and both Zai and Universe play him well!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's amazing how now that tusk is a pubstomper he's gone from one of the most fun and likable heroes in the game to insanely annoying

Pratfall

also tusks winrate is below beastmaster so i wouldnt call him a pubstomper

not sure if he was included in those lists that were going around of dumpster tier heroes but bane sucks pretty hard right now

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
also tusks winrate is below beastmaster so i wouldnt call him a pubstomper

not sure if he was included in those lists that were going around of dumpster tier heroes but bane sucks pretty hard right now

i think it's partially a meta thing, lots of heroes with spammable stuns makes banes life hard

Haunted

If "literally" pops up in your world cloud you really have to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Who is the "best" pro player in the world right now? And i am not talking about highest mmr.
I'm thinking S4
PeskyWhimsicalAlbatross-poster.jpg

There might be better dedicated carries, and there might be a other dedicated support players on his level, but there's no other pro player capable of playing both the 1 and the 5 role on that level.

That said, it's probably more worthwhile to categorise the "best player" by role.

I've always liked bane in specific comps, but I don't think I've ever really played the meta bane, as I always max enfeeble and make the enemy carry's life hell throughout laning.

I don't feel like he does that any worse than he ever has, but I realize most people don't play him this way.

**Also S4 >>>> Kuro

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the secret to slaying with bane is to killsteal the fuck out of early kills. ignore your fuming carry, keep hammering that brain sap and stealing kills. they'll be secretly appreciative when you get to the mid game and you have a bkb and can actually get your ult off in fights without being stunned immediately.

If QoP wins, hopefully it will come with a much deserved nerf, a new passive that makes her take 25% more magical damage after casting any of her abilities.
bts_merlini.gif

the secret to slaying with bane is to killsteal the fuck out of early kills. ignore your fuming carry, keep hammering that brain sap and stealing kills. they'll be secretly appreciative when you get to the mid game and you have a bkb and can actually get your ult off in fights without being stunned immediately.

no way. Real bane strats are maxing enfeeble and watching as your friendly lion tanks a PA

Haunted

no they won't

but that's fine

sometimes you need to do the plays that win you the game instead of making you popular with the team

no you offlane solo and get kills
no way. Real bane strats are maxing enfeeble and watching as your friendly lion tanks a PA
plz no

KingKong

There's plenty of top tier supports, I'd say Artour "Arteezy" Babaev is the best player just because of the impact he has on the game

I'd cast my vote for Aui as the "best" pro.

He pretty much was the backbone of C9, seeing how the current squad can't even come close to their old performances.

DrPizza

Banned
ViviO
ggradiant.gif
i

also another sfm submission the sacrifice
cm1.gif
cry.gif
omg that one has to win. Although Windrunner is my #1 waifu, Tiny is probably my favourite hero overall; there's just something about his model and the way he looks, and the sorrowful nature of his death lines and such. Not to mention, the fact that he wields a tree! All the feels.

sad.gif

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Considering I have to carry trash like Sanjay, Steve, and Nilay I'm going to vote for myself too.

JC Sera

I'd cast my vote for Aui as the "best" pro.

He pretty much was the backbone of C9, seeing how the current squad can't even come close to their old performances.
Aui is my favourite player, but I wouldn't cast him as best "player"
more like best "team player" or "all rounder" (great player, great teammate, great/helpful member of the community)

when people think of best player they tend to think or a solo player, offlane/carry/mid, making the big plays.
The ultimate counter to my Abaddon ;_;
I play abaddon to counter techies. Its quite effective.

Top Bottom