• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

TUSR

Banned
lots of neat stuff, but thankfully it only looks like I'll only be buying a couple things year as opposed to last year. Fuck, valve really knows how to make cash. nice merch.

ill probably pick up all the demi heroes (maybe x2) and a shirt.

doesnt look like there are any shirts tied to specific items, such as the Team Liquid shirt last year and Rainmaker.

shira

lots of neat stuff, but thankfully it only looks like I'll only be buying a couple things year as opposed to last year. Fuck, valve really knows how to make cash. nice merch.

no bluepaw
cBj1LTf.png

bounchfx

no bluepaw
cBj1LTf.png

it still might be possible because it's not made by welovefine, but I'm seriously doubting it'll be there. WLF asked if they could make it for us too, but we were already in a deal with the other company. oh well :\

Bounch can we buy one from you or ESLNY?

I honestly have no information regarding it. Been pinging the company non stop but they are very slow to respond. It's kind of frustrating to say the least. :(
I still don't have one.

Trickster

So when will we know what are in the digital treasure packs that comes along with the merchandise you buy? Gonna be kept secret until people at TI actually buy the things and unlock them?

shira

it still might be possible because it's not made by welovefine, but I'm seriously doubting it'll be there. WLF asked if they could make it for us too, but we were already in a deal with the other company. oh well :\

I honestly have no information regarding it. Been pinging the company non stop but they are very slow to respond. It's kind of frustrating to say the least. :(
I still don't have one.

Damn, they don't ship till August 3rd now
http://valve.game-legends.com/toys-...-redpaw-digital-unlock-limited-edition?c=2293

wtf
facepalm.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if they will have more stuff at the live event. I don't think valve ever actually sold all the Lion Foam Fingers they made last year.

Bit sad there is no team specific shirts this year. Last year there was a Fnatic one, was hoping I could get a Team Secret Shirt. Guess I'm stuck with the EG one I got last year.

Also really happy they are doing Pin Packs this year, the blind bags were really annoying for the pins. People just weren't as into trading them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, all the pages say "Includes 9.5% sales tax", but then the total still tries to add on 9.5% sales tax. Should the pages say "Plus 9.5% sales tax", or did they screw up the checkout?

shira

Matt, can we buy Secret jerseys from you if we pre-pay you or hkarmy? Or can you spill beans about what is going on with the team jerseys situation @ TI.

ugh, limited to 1000 pieces?? wtf. I hope the regular one isn't limited.

The August 3rd date makes me think that they are going to be at TI. But with no team jerseys on the welovefine page maybe they will have like a seperate booth for "Other Companies"

shira

So, all the pages say "Includes 9.5% sales tax", but then the total still tries to add on 9.5% sales tax. Should the pages say "Plus 9.5% sales tax", or did they screw up the checkout?

http://dota2.welovefine.com/pre-order-faq
Do I need to pay taxes on my pre-order?

Yes. WA state sales tax applies to all pre-orders. No exceptions.

I guess there is tax this year

What's the return policy?

Once your pre-order has been picked up, there are no returns and no exchanges. All merchandise sales are final.

Holy fuck

I purchased an item with a digital unlock, but the code is missing or damaged. What do I do?

Please visit the customer service desk inside Fisher Pavilion for more information.

Looks like they moved the secret shop this year too. The Fisher Pavillion is inside the Seattle Center.

gQ5X9VM.png

imgout.aspx

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder how late they will have Pre-orders pickup available on Sunday. I don't land until 6PM Sunday, and it sounds like they may be giving out extra stuff.

http://dota2.welovefine.com/pre-order-faq
"Do I need to pay taxes on my pre-order?

Yes. WA state sales tax applies to all pre-orders. No exceptions."

I guess there is tax this year
Someone pointed out that the Subtotal + Tax is equal to the price they show on the page, so I guess all is good.

shira

I wonder how late they will have Pre-orders pickup available on Sunday. I don't land until 6PM Sunday, and it sounds like they may be giving out extra stuff.

Please note: The pre-order incentives will only be available for customers who are able to pick-up their pre-orders from July 31st 2015 to August 1st 2015.

August 1st is Saturday

Starting on Monday, August 3rd 2015 there will be open pre-order pick-up for all The International 2015 attendees. If you were unable to pick-up on your selected day, you may come during open pick-up.

Volvo plz.
Yeah that has to be a mistake or something, I don't get in til the 2nd.

I think those 2 days are going to be player shopping days. So the players can relax buy everything they need and WLF can test out the cash registers etc. Sunday makes no sense to be open.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Volvo plz.

Also Matt, any good way to get a Secret Jersey for TI5? I'm assuming you won't be giving some away like EG did last year.

Trickster

I'm getting that QoP mug if I can buy it as a non ti 5 attendee. And from it I shall drink the tears of dirty zeus voters once she wins the arcana

That's an insane amount of money to pay for an accessory if you ask me.

#cheapbastard

I mean, given how many hours i spend at my pc, I have no problem paying money for proper equipment. I'd go insane if I had to sit on a cheap office chair or use a keyboard that wasnt mechanical for instance. Would never be able to go back to a sub 27 inch 1440p main monitor either

kionedrik

I'm getting that QoP mug if I can buy it as a non ti 5 attendee. And from it I shall drink the tears of dirty zeus voters once she wins the arcana

This guy gets it!

I mean, given how many hours i spend at my pc, I have no problem paying money for proper equipment. I'd go insane if I had to sit on a cheap office chair or use a keyboard that wasnt mechanical for instance. Would never be able to go back to a sub 27 inch 1440p main monitor either

I don't regard a chair and a monitor the same way I regard a mouse and a keyboard. For instance, my chair and monitor costed a good sum each and I had zero issues spending that money, but I use a standard 20€ kb+m set and I don't see myself spending more than it for both. Never understood the mechanical kb obsession tbqh.

Kard8p3

Their golden demi-heroes this year (if bloodseeker is to go by) look way better than last year, wasn't a fan of the all-golden approach.

Trickster

TI don't regard a chair and a monitor the same way I regard a mouse and a keyboard. For instance, my chair and monitor costed a good sum each and I had zero issues spending that money, but I use a standard 20€ kb+m set and I don't see myself spending more than it for both. Never understood the mechanical kb obsession tbqh.

For me, it's the tacticle feedback, it's just so very very good. When I got my first mechanical keyboard, I would litterally just sit and spam the buttons because I enjoyed the tactile feedback so much.

Smithy C

Oh man when I saw the blog title being about secret shop pre orders and pubstomps I thought you might be able to pre order stuff and they'd deliver it to the pubstomp. Wishful thinking it seems.

This guy gets it!

I don't regard a chair and a monitor the same way I regard a mouse and a keyboard. For instance, my chair and monitor costed a good sum each and I had zero issues spending that money, but I use a standard 20€ kb+m set and I don't see myself spending more than it for both. Never understood the mechanical kb obsession tbqh.
Have you ever used mx blues

Top Bottom