• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Yasae

Banned
I haven't had it happen to me when playing in the Evenings. Do you know if you are on US East/US West?

I know when I lived in Florida my ISP suddenly got really crappy about routing stuff to Seattle so I had to stop playing on US West.
I play on both. It just started up this week. Usually I'm around 65ms or less for either coast.

aeolist

Banned
Honestly it's not the end of the world here. I knew a girl in my HS class that dropped out of school after our sophomore year, went to JC for a year to get her GED's and then ended up in Caltech the year after I graduated HS..

well yeah he's already a millionaire and has the potential to make millions more just through dota

i just think it's an interesting bit of news

I don't think reddit can relate to being an teen immigrant high schooler that still has a significant language barrier and is absent from school for large chunks of the year. If he feels no connection at all to his classmates and can afford a good full-time tutor, it makes no sense for him to stick around in American public education.

Maybe by the time he wants to go to college there will be esports scholarships for schools, who knows.

Maybe if Eclipse dropped the moon goddess' booty on you.

Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looks like I'm rooting for Alliance this year.

is there a dota hero who gets something like a proc reliably? I mean brew has psuedo random crits/evasion right? but what about something like "every 4 hits you do +50 damage" or some shit? I can't think of one off the top of my head.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
here's the link for the new page: https://discord.gg/0TtGqYNIO7pxdLai

even if mumble gaf doesnt move over now.. they will eventually
:)
. discord is rad.

I heard Brad from Giant Bomb mention this. My non-GAF Dota friends pay for a mumble server so I'm messing around with this now to see if it's an option for them to switch over. Seems neat so far. The client looks a lot nicer than Mumble at least and I can put my little egg man avatar next to my name in it, so that's a bonus!

Hylian7

After evaluating it a bit more, maybe Slark isn't OP. I've won against a ton of them lately.

He's still at least decent though and is an annoying piece of shit to play against.

shira

http://ask.fm/CharlieCYang/answer/132384630703

sumail dropped out of high school, will be getting a GED and has a private tutor through EG

http://ask.fm/CharlieCYang/answer/132069822895

Most actors do this. And this has been in the works for a while, probably even discussed when they signed him. It makes no sense to be in school at all, especially with the disparity in income. Unless he was really into the attention - like I could see rtz driving around in a Bugatti if he won TI and living it up with his classmates.

The only variable we don't know about is the family. They could easily become leaches, quit their jobs and spend all his money or demand he shoulder all the expenses. So this is probably why Charlie went to Chicago and made sure that he's on a strict allowance and the mother or family can't just use their paternal position and just take all the money - the rest will be invested smartly.

Hylian7

CNbkWReUYAQO-Vy.png

I preordered - how I get?

He need that monthly 10k.
They certainly know which games to pick for that promotion, especially Rocket League. Works very well on a splitscreen. I think Nidhogg might have been a better choice than Portal 2 though.

TUSR

Banned
i played rocket league on my ps4 the other day.

it ran like shit, how can anyone enjoy that. constant dips in frame rate.

Top Bottom