• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

shira

For me, it's the tacticle feedback, it's just so very very good. When I got my first mechanical keyboard, I would litterally just sit and spam the buttons because I enjoyed the tactile feedback so much.

highfive.gif

Have you ever used mx blues

goodjob.gif

So gud for typing, so bad for doto. It takes more effort to push, but for mid-range typing like stats and reports, it's fun to type.

The only bad thing is you can use them at work because they are too loud
hush.gif

kionedrik

For me, it's the tacticle feedback, it's just so very very good. When I got my first mechanical keyboard, I would litterally just sit and spam the buttons because I enjoyed the tactile feedback so much.

Fair enough. Not really my thing and I won't judge anyone that likes it. Like I said, I consider kb and mouse, and to some extent camera and microphone, to be throwaway accessories so I refuse to spend too much on them unlike monitors, chairs, headphones, etc.

Have you ever used mx blues

I never owned a mechanical keyboard but I tried a lot of them. Not really sure I tried that particular one but if it's popular it's very possible I did. The *click*clack* of all of them is something I don't particularly enjoy and to me the force needed to press the buttons would make it grow uncomfortable very quickly.

Trickster

I can't imagine dude gets away with saying 'my nigga' very often while casting lol

You should try watching some fighting game tournaments once in a while, it's often a lot less "professional" than typical esport casting. I quite enjoy that honestly, dota/lol/sc style esports can often feel like it tries so hard to be proffesional and serious.

Playing against Techies instantly turns Dota 2 into a 2/10 don't buy game. I'd rather play Big Rigs. No hyperbole.

I mostly enjoying techie games lol. Love to have them on my team, and not really that infuriating to play against. If I get blown up it's not really something that makes me mad, it's more of an
19fwzw476fytpjpg.jpg
type thing

What luxury options does Necrophos have? I ended up with Treads/Midas/Aghs/Dagon 5/BKB but he has shitloads of stuff he can get, surely.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I was so sure after TI4 that there was a zero percent chance that Valve was going to catch lightning in a bottle two years in a row. People were going to realize that they were spending so much money on overpriced, exploitative, pseudo gambling hats and overpriced merch at the secret shop, but nope. This year's prize pool toppled last year and Dota fans are drooling at the thought of spending buckets of money on overpriced T-shirts and trinkets.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
That Bounty Hunter amiibo looks sweet but fuck paying $30 for it.

I'll grab it when Valve does their annual inventory blowout sale during the holidays.

I was so sure after TI4 that there was a zero percent chance that Valve was going to catch lightning in a bottle two years in a row. People were going to realize that they were spending so much money on overpriced, exploitative, pseudo gambling hats and overpriced merch at the secret shop, but nope. This year's prize pool toppled last year and Dota fans are drooling at the thought of spending buckets of money on overpriced T-shirts and trinkets.

I haven't spent a single buck on cosmetics ever since the GlaDOS announcer which turned out disappointing.

Honestly, I don't even pay attention to cosmetics in games. I absolutely never notice them unless someone points them out.

I never owned a mechanical keyboard but I tried a lot of them. Not really sure I tried that particular one but if it's popular it's very possible I did. The *click*clack* of all of them is something I don't particularly enjoy and to me the force needed to press the buttons would make it grow uncomfortable very quickly.

Well for the record, MX Blues are super low resistance, so that isn't an issue. If you don't like the clackity, though, they're not for you.

Bummer.

octarine on necrophos fo sho
really good compliment to sadist, get a lot of hp from scythe kills
also shame on you for not getting greaves

I've got mx blues and they're cool for dotes

Quesa

Learned that these shirts are not for me last year (collar's too big on almost all of 'em) but that naga shirt is extremely tempting. "Iconic," as the kids say.

Quesa

Are you the neckbeard CEO from Twitch? Shit is disgusting get that shaved.

fuQkcxP.jpg

I am not. I do get at the top portion of it with a razor, though. And hey if that dude wants to rock that look more power to him.

I've found the WLF shirts super-thin, which is unflattering on a fat guy like me. I liked the TI3 shirts a lot, though.

Can I make a Secret Shop order if I won't be in Seattle by the 1st to pick it up? Or do I need to queue again :(

They will have open pre-order pick ups during the event, though it looks like people who do that might be out of some nebulous bonuses according the FAQ on the site.

Chris R

They will have open pre-order pick ups during the event, though it looks like people who do that might be out of some nebulous bonuses according the FAQ on the site.

Ah ok, finally finished browsing the catalog and read the FAQ... Wish they would explain in more detail what those pre-order bonuses are...

edit: I wonder if they are setup to allow me to skip out on Sales Tax too like I can at most fine retailers in the state of Washington ;)

Top Bottom