• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Its very impressive that all the players besides EG somehow managed to shuffle themselves into worse teams

If the pool of talent is spread out thinner, that probably makes it a lot easier for any team to get a piece of that lucrative 2nd to 16th places at TI6. There's plenty of money to go around. I think this year's TI actually probably proved that making a "superstar" team doesn't necessarily mean you're going to win the top prize. A lot of what were considered lower tier teams managed to outplay a lot of the top tier teams and there's no reason to think that can't happen again. Finding a good chemistry can probably take a team as far as just having the biggest and baddest names on your team.

Notail's new team Monkey Business
1- Miracle
2- Big Daddy N0tail
3- Moonmeander
4- Cr1t
5- Fly

Looks good to me, not sure about notail mid
Much like with EE, I have an irrational bias against any team Moonmeander is on so that they immediately zip to the top of my "Want to see fail" list.

JambiBum

Since I work third shift I don't really sleep at all. Most of the time I get 2-3 hours of sleep a day and use one day a week to "make up" for it. Usually on those days I'll sleep for like 12 hours.

Sleeping during the day in the summer is nearly impossible most days and it's just something that I have to deal with. There's either too much light or too much noise going on outside for me to be able to sleep. It's a lot more tolerable in the winter since it is darker and people aren't doing stuff outside as much.

I'm pretty sure that when I'm older this will catch up to me but for now I can deal with it.

M.D

excited to see the boys reunited
also col back to shit tier? what good suppot and offlane are available? maybe demon

Skinpop

He played mid in his hon days and this is basically hontrash the team

he was the most dominant mid to play HoN, I still think he has more potential there than as a support. notail is the play making kind of mid which imo is the best style these days. so happy see him returning to pos 2 :)

season in 90 minutes boys
cool.gif

hontrash will be hontrash

he was the most dominant mid to play HoN, I still think he has more potential there than as a support. notail is the play making kind of mid which imo is the best style these days. so happy see him returning to pos 2 :)

Play making mids like S4 and Dendi haven't been overly successful at TI, have they? Farming mids like Arteezy and Sumail seem to be more popular.

Play making mids like S4 and Dendi haven't been overly successful at TI, have they? Farming mids like Arteezy and Sumail seem to be more popular.

Sumail is kind of play maker too. He plays agressive mid cores (ss, wr, lina) rather than roaming mid initiators though I guess (like brew, magnus)

Razzer

I'd say that the bigger pattern has been that mids who win their lane succeed more, which seems obvious but there you go, RTZ and Sumail both win the laning phase regularly.

kionedrik

Sadly playmaking mid heroes haven't been on the spotlight for a long time (my bet is since 6.81). It's sad not seeing Puck, Magnus, and some others mid. Now it seems you need a dual farming-core teams to win games and playmakers don't fit in that meta.

Here's hoping 6.85 can remedy that.

Skinpop

maybe I should have said play making while still farming, ultimately it depends on their pos 1/3 and how much farm they take (i'd argue rtz limited s4's amount of farm, as did bulldog in alliance). sumail farms but it's the playmaking that makes him the best mid atm, he finds ganks and kills that most other mid players don't even bother to look for.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'd say that the bigger pattern has been that mids who win their lane succeed more, which seems obvious but there you go, RTZ and Sumail both win the laning phase regularly.

imo it's more like low-risk high-reward mids who can flash farm if they lose the lane. when sumail can go 0 - 3 in lane as SS and still get one of the fastest orchids at TI there's something wrong.

That cliffhanger though.

That's a result of her playing a lot with pro players, she's used to playing support so she sticks to what she knows. Also how is Mirana boring.

Non-boring supports:

- Wisp
- BH
- Enigma
- Rubick

And that's it. I think Wisp is the most exciting support. Love playing him as well as seeing him on stream.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Winter Wyvern
Disruptor
Techies
Skywrath Mage
Nyx Assassin
Witch Doctor
Ogre Magi
Oracle
Keeper of the Light

All entertaining.

kionedrik

How is Rubick entertaining?

He is the equivalent of going to a gun fight barehanded hoping to find a gun lying around so you can join in. 1/10 times you'll find a bazooka but the rest you're just a bullet sponge...

CM is also very fun if you just realize that her ult is one of the best in the game(imo).

Mirana always makes stuff happen.

Disruptor
Earthshaker
Sand King
Lina
Shadow Shaman
Witch Doctor
Etc

How is Rubick entertaining?

He is the equivalent of going to a gun fight barehanded hoping to find a gun lying around so you can join in. 1/10 times you'll find a bazooka but the rest you're just a bullet sponge...

Rubick's aura is real good, often undervalued, helps a lot breaching high ground especially since creeps get it
It means the enemy needs 3 spells to clear the incoming creep wave as opposed to 2 in general

Anyway he's a cool hero with a nice CC, good nuke and the virtually best spell in the game

kionedrik

There's a hero for everyone, Rubick's clearly not for me.

Give me:

Shaker
Sand King
Raptor
Dazzle
Lesh (even before he was over buffed)

and I'm happy

Support Spirit Breaker is fun to watch as well. Other than that, I instantly turn off streams where the streamer plays the boring garbage you guys mentioned. Unless it's Draskyl going mid with those heroes and carrying.

Lich, Treant, Omni and Dazzle are the worst offenders however.

I want ranked solo's draft structure but I don't want its epeen panic or its players. Bah.

They tried that for a few days and it sucked. Games took forever to start even though people just wanted to shit around in pubs. Also, people actually counter picked more because they had more time to think about an actual draft in a fucking non ranked AP pub. I was glad when they removed it.

the ideal "support" would have a massive AOE stomp that can put the entire enemy team to sleep, as well as a cunty aura that melts resistances to both phys and magic damage

sigh, if only there were such a hero

inkls

They tried that for a few days and it sucked. Games took forever to start even though people just wanted to shit around in pubs. Also, people actually counter picked more because they had more time to think about an actual draft in a fucking non ranked AP pub. I was glad when they removed it.

yeah no lol, people in regular ap will wait until your entire team is done picking to counterpick you. At least in ranked ap you can limit the counterpicks by last picking. I've had guys wait until the clock was at 0:00 to pick hard counters. You can't do that bullshit in ranked.

kionedrik

Omni and Dazzle give no fucks.

How can a hero like that be boring? Seriously, you might need to think outside the box with both of them.

Strider

I had the exact opposite experience. The entire enemy team will just wait to counterpick you right now.

Wish unranked was draft mode all the time.

Top Bottom