• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Smithy C

My TI5 track jacket finally made it to the UK (whoever said the sleeves are a bit short was right), and I thought it was cool that the still put in the emoticharms. Got the emote I use most in game!
sleeping.gif

If any UKGAF wants to trade a
surprise.gif
or a
wink.gif
for a
hush.gif
by post, PM me.

Has anyone ever had any issues with Dota crashing before?

Every time one of my friends plays it he gets "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" and it crashes him out of the game.

He only has the issue with Dota every other game runs fine for him

He has a 7870 so it should run fine

Hylian7

5Kt16es.png

Girl powah!

Does this actually mean we are going to have a female player on a major pro team for the first time? Quite exciting if that's the case!

The pro scene could always use more diversity. When I was at TI5, there were a lot more women there than I expected, which was quite impressive. We just need to find a way to rectify the harassment problem.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Odd, someone like Fnatic putting their coach Winter down as a sub makes some since, because he could actually sub if someone got ill, but I'm pretty sure Kelly Mikes isn't that good at the game.

gai_shain

Does this actually mean we are going to have a female player on a major pro team for the first time? Quite exciting if that's the case!

The pro scene could always use more diversity. When I was at TI5, there were a lot more women there than I expected, which was quite impressive. We just need to find a way to rectify the harassment problem.

we already know the full alliance roster though, so manager or something like that?

Do they get anything out of having Kelly being a sub, other then the hilarious possibility she has to play in the major if another player gets ill?
Not really, you have to swap your sub in for the entire event. Plus you get two slots so I guess they just wanted to use both.

Haunted

Trying to phrase this as diplomatically as possible... just from what I know of her roles in other scenes in the past, it would be a big surprise to me if she was capable of performing at a pro level in Dota 2.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What skill build do you all think is best on CM right now? I have been having a lot of luck maxing Frost Bite first, the skill destroys in lane.

Smithy C

What skill build do you all think is best on CM right now? I have been having a lot of luck maxing Frost Bite first, the skill destroys in lane.
One is Frostbite, one in aura, one in her nuke, then max Frost Bite and aura, skilling ult whenever possible.

smile.gif

Chris R

I love how my team yells and screams to report me because I don't dive with them past T4s when T2s are up, or backs out of a team fight when their ult combo comes back up off cooldown, or when I'm farming our jungle in the 40' mark because we have zero vision on their side of the map, our lanes are pushing and Rosh isn't up yet.

What should I be doing lesh who lost mid to Pudge, should I just afk in the pit? EZ mute.

Hylian7

not to mention ember sOPirit AND storm sOPirit!

Honestly we really did luck out that they threw it. Gyro had mad space from the Bloodseeker and was farmed as all hell. He had something like a 18 minute BKB. This was one of those games of the Bloodseeker just running all over us and the Gyro was right there to back him up. Clinkz was pretty fed too, although did fuck up his item choice and went Deso and Skadi.
charm_laugh.gif

Storm will definitely get a nerf, but I'm not sure if Ember will. I think Ember might make it out with a slap on the wrist.

Hylian7

This is something that's been bothering me since the dawn of Dota 2, and wonder if anyone knows what exactly I should look for to fix it. Sometimes I just feel like clicks on the minimap, and sometimes clicks in general just don't register for whatever reason. It happens a ton on the minimap, and I've even had times where I've clicked it like 3 times and I'm like "COME ON MOVE THE CAMERA" Any ideas?

Saprol

This is something that's been bothering me since the dawn of Dota 2, and wonder if anyone knows what exactly I should look for to fix it. Sometimes I just feel like clicks on the minimap, and sometimes clicks in general just don't register for whatever reason. It happens a ton on the minimap, and I've even had times where I've clicked it like 3 times and I'm like "COME ON MOVE THE CAMERA" Any ideas?
Code:
dota_minimap_misclick_time 0
if you want to throw caution to the wind

edit: although i guess if you're doing it 3 times that would go over the default setting less than a second

Top Bottom