• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, Gaming Paradise 2015 is in 2 weeks. You think Secret is ready for it Matt? If I remember right Envy would have just got back from Japan.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1755040465

Been awful with PA last few times I've used her, had a proper support this time and felt like a deity from mid-game onwards :D

Ridiculous damage

Getting a bit annoyed with teammates having a go at me when I use Slark, get a couple of kills in a teamfight and retreat. His entire point as far as I can tell is to hit and run, he has very little survivability when his Shadow Dance and invis items are on cooldown

inkls

I love how Earthshaker is stacks OP but everyone is just cool with it because he's a fun hero.

spectre-what.gif

everyone's cool with it because obviously if it doesn't have the highest kda after every game its not op

shira

So, Gaming Paradise 2015 is in 2 weeks. You think Secret is ready for it Matt? If I remember right Envy would have just got back from Japan.

I wish I could go. Sounds like a resort with cyberarena on the beach with EDM everywhere
https://youtu.be/LV12i9yHV-c
marina_oznacbe4.jpg

nip, secret, col, vp, monkeybzns, PR, Goldenboys(ex London Con) +1

I guess they decided to kick Empire & Alliance.
charm_rage.gif

Hylian7

spectre-what.gif

everyone's cool with it because obviously if it doesn't have the highest kda after every game its not op

Nah, Earthshaker is totes OP and is on my "needs a nerf list". He's pretty damn common too and also frustrating to deal with. I think the nerf might come to Aftershocks, but I'm not sure where it will be.

inkls

Nah, Earthshaker is totes OP and is on my "needs a nerf list". He's pretty damn common too and also frustrating to deal with. I think the nerf might come to Aftershocks, but I'm not sure where it will be.

I disagree, they should buff him, like add to total stun duration.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
is anyone else getting a lot more whacky camera issues recently? like suddenly my camera starts zooming around the map at light speed

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
first stinkls dodging me to play with 3kers, now tusr dodging me to play csgo

i'm going to start playing hots tbQh

Hylian7

What is this I hear about Reborn being required soon?

There were strings in the files saying something to that affect. That doesn't confirm anything, just shows that it will probably be required fairly soon. I would say around 6.85 is when that is likely to happen, and if not that, probably a week or two after 6.84. I think more likely it will be 6.85 has it's big "update" on the Dota site, and then it also says "In a week you will be required to play on the Reborn client"

Dmax3901

There were strings in the files saying something to that affect. That doesn't confirm anything, just shows that it will probably be required fairly soon. I would say around 6.85 is when that is likely to happen, and if not that, probably a week or two after 6.84. I think more likely it will be 6.85 has it's big "update" on the Dota site, and then it also says "In a week you will be required to play on the Reborn client"

Makes sense, thanks!

shira

That's pretty ridiculous but I guess it makes sense for the tournament. All the players are well known and will get people to watch.

So why not just invite teams based on personal stream numbers and social media followers. Fuck all these group stages and qualifiers. Who cares about dota, let's see Pewdiepie's 5 stack versus AsiaAmore biggestD subday stack.

Hylian7

Anyone know why the Steam app on my phone is notifying me about random messages I got days ago? It's done this a few times throughout the day today.

W1SSY

So why not just invite teams based on personal stream numbers and social media followers. Fuck all these group stages and qualifiers. Who cares about dota, let's see Pewdiepie's 5 stack versus AsiaAmore biggestD subday stack.

I agree it is dumb and not a great precedent to set. The one question I have and cannot find the answer to is how soon did Sing's team get eliminated. ESL should have invited the team that barely missed out in the qualifiers but in terms of viewers the Sing stack will provide more revenue for ESL.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
been playing whenever I can and had notice that, at least for my tier (2600ish), people just don't have map awareness at all. I ping and told them so and so is missing and they can even see someone moving towards them on the mini map if they only just look. yet at the end it's just another free kill for the other team.

and some of their mentality is just terrible.

"I have no idea how to play this hero lol"

"then why you pick it?"

"lol it's easy game (I assume he mean it's unranked), doesn't matter lol"

(I left that game as soon as someone on the other team abandoned)

I would love to play with more GAFers too but with me on the road so much during the summer, it's kinda hard to schedule in something. plus most folks on my GAF flist are all pretty far passed me and have their own steady team.

I understand I'm not a great player by all means but at least I tried. I have good map awareness and play a decent support if people understand what my hero can do. but lately I've been leaning towards playing jungle heros more and more since that way I don't need to deal with the other "team mates" that much.

at least I had 2 pretty fun games last night thou. both of which seem pretty hopeless early on, especially the 2nd one since the Spirit Breaker disconnected half way and never come back. but sticking to it til the bitter end kinda paid off and we won both games at the end.

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1753287540

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1753427430

Top Bottom