• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

The only junglers(to my knowledge) that rely on magic damage to kill creeps are Batrider and Dark Seer, so giving magic resist to jungle creeps would only nerf those two's jungling ability. Batrider would need a significant buff to make up for this, Dark Seer already needs a nerf so this would be an okay one.

wildwing tornado and satyr shockwave are both magic; adding magic resist immediately and dramatically affects the two most useful spells for chench to clear camps

they could just increase the dmg of the two abilities to make up for it.

alternatively change their damage types. That said, I don't think magic resist is the answer. Lots of heroes utilize magic damage spells to farm that aren't abusing the jungle like storm or SF or TA do. Slark, for instance.

alternatively change their damage types. That said, I don't think magic resist is the answer. Lots of heroes utilize magic damage spells to farm that aren't abusing the jungle like storm or SF or TA do. Slark, for instance.

What about supports like CM, sounds like an horrible solution to me.

they wouldn't add magic resist anyway; so many non-carries would be nerfed in the process (centaur, junkiro, ogre, etc. etc. etc.)

What about supports like CM, sounds like an horrible solution to me.

yup.

Think the best way to nerf jungle abuse is to nerf the specific heroes. No need for changes to the jungle itself. Though perhaps some jungle geography changes would be appropriate. make stacking/farming from mid less trivial.

inkls

That is true, although I wouldn't mind seeing less jungling cm who try to rush midas.

Part of what made the jungle better this patch i'd argue was that mud golems aren't magic immune anymore and that they also spawn the mini-golems giving more gold and xp overall.

Those changes were buffs to the current junglers (also including cm), and I'd argue it benefited mid more than them.

yup.

Think the best way to nerf jungle abuse is to nerf the specific heroes. No need for changes to the jungle itself. Though perhaps some jungle geography changes would be appropriate. make stacking/farming from mid less trivial.

but most heroes picked mid are also picked with the idea that they can clear those stacks. Nerfing heroes that can clear stacks would imo make it so that other mids who can clear the stacks would be picked to do the job in their place.

Current mids are popular because they can negate bad laning phase by clearing stacks in the jungle. The fact the clearing those stacks is so easy is an incentive to picking mids who can clear them. Getting rid of those mids won't make people forget that possibility exists. They nerfed clearing ancients which was a direct nerf to tidehunter because he could easily farm up those ancients with a poor laning phase. That didn't seem to bother icefrog that it also affected other heroes that clear ancient stacks such as gyro, medusa, bristleback, etc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
mgs5 is so freaking good

dac15_fade.gif

is there any way to play without downloading this 6gb update rn?

There is normally an option to play without downloading the update. You shouldn't need the update for the Source 1 version.

Partition

Banned
You can play the regular client just fine, but if you want to play on the reborn client the update is obviously mandatory.

When I click 'play' I get the option of Dota 2 or Dota 2 Reborn, I click Dota 2 obviously but it still forces the download and doesn't launch the game. on mac btw

Hylian7

This was something I didn't expect in Reborn and almost screwed me out of a Bloodstone recipe! A teammate accidentally bought and deployed a second courier. In Source 1 when that happens, the second courier isn't bound to any of the default courier buttons, you have to click it manually or set it on a control group, so this would happen:

http://webmup.com/65f47/vid.webm

In Reborn though it uses whichever courier is available, so this happens:

http://webmup.com/55c0e/vid.webm

Just a heads up if you rely on the previous behavior of the courier buttons.

Hylian7

wow I'm so glad they've changed that, always been a pet peeve (the courier thing)

I hate it! I wish there was an option to change it, because the main courier was flying and we hadn't upgraded the second one. I called it when I saw teh flying one near base and was like "wtf what happpened to my Bloodstone recipe? I needed it in that teamfight"

jew

Banned
this is where they stay crunk
throw it up
dubs on the cadillac
white tees
nikes
gangstas dont know how to act

Low Tier
lets take it to the basics
you in the midst the greatness
my Martin was a Maison, rocked Margiela with no laces
Cristal go by the cases, wait hold up that was racist
I would prefer the Aces, aint no different when you taste it
a 40 ounce to chase it, that's just an understatement
I'm early to the party but my 'Rari is the latest

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hate it! I wish there was an option to change it, because the main courier was flying and we hadn't upgraded the second one. I called it when I saw teh flying one near base and was like "wtf what happpened to my Bloodstone recipe? I needed it in that teamfight"

You just buy an upgrade for the second courier, ez.
mozz_shopkeep.gif

xanavi

I accidentally turned the puppy I rescued into road kill while driving my jeep around mother base and got a game over screen. MGS5 for GOTY.
pup.gif

Nymerio

Dota2.com Blog Post said:
Afterwards, we’ll begin shifting our attention toward the in-game UI, where we plan to redesign the HUD and work on a variety of other in-game features.

I'm so looking forward to this.

Top Bottom