• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

8TZUTnL.jpg
I found Bristleback poking around the front of my house.

Mordeccai

How do you convert Revengeance to Roman Numerals? Oh wait, you can't.

behold

reVengeance

blew ur fuckin mind m8

and FUCK this reborn client. I was having no issues with it until I installed my 980ti. I que for a match, crash to desktop. I reboot, que, accept match, immediate CTD. I reboot, rejoin game, pick my hero, hard lock.

I alt tab out, close process, open game again, reconnect, open up shop, CRASH TO DESKTOP.

rejoin, team mates have paused, I unpause, CTD again.

what the fuck is going on with this client holy shit

Hylian7

Something I was thinking about: What is the likelihood they might nerf BH by doing something weird like making the Shadow Walk and Jinada damage not affect couriers?

JC Sera

Something I was thinking about: What is the likelihood they might nerf BH by doing something weird like making the Shadow Walk and Jinada damage not affect couriers?
I think most of his "OP"-ness competitive wise comes from the ability to get your team catch up off a good track kills

not courier snipes
icefrog doesn't tend to nerf things that are "fun" but not overwhelmingly OP

dumb question can level 3 natures prophet use tp sprout then treants to body block the poor walking courier
nature-deal.gif

Hylian7

I think most of his "OP"-ness competitive wise comes from the ability to get your team catch up off a good track kills

not courier snipes
icefrog doesn't tend to nerf things that are "fun" but not overwhelmingly OP

dumb question can level 3 natures prophet use tp sprout then treants to body block the poor walking courier
nature-deal.gif

Yes, he can do that, although I would think he would rather just kill it.

IceFrog doesn't necessarily always "go for the jugular" so to speak on something being super OP. I mean there were obvious cases like 6.83 Sniper where he did just that, but others where that wasn't necessarily what he did. He often finds some other thing to nerf that makes people have to play the hero in a different way. For instance, the ability to have BH be able to sit there between T1 and T2 or T3 and T4 and one-shot the walking courier might be something he targets for this, and while it's not the main reason why BH was picked, it was definitely an advantage of picking him.

An example of this would Ogre Magi from 6.82 to 6.83. Let's look at what the changes were from those patches:

'''[[6.83]]'''
* {{Ability ID|Fireblast|Ogre Magi}}
** Reduced damage from 60/120/180/240 to 55/110/165/220.
** Reduced cast range from 600 to 475.
* Reduced {{Ability ID|Unrefined Fireblast|Ogre Magi}} cast range from 600 to 475.

'''[[6.82]]'''
* Increased base [[health regeneration]] from 0.25 to 2.5.
* Reduced {{Ability ID|Fireblast|Ogre Magi}} damage from 80/145/210/275 to 60/120/180/240.
* {{Ability ID|Multicast|Ogre Magi}}
** Increased chance for 2x multicast from 25%/40%/50% to 40%/50%/60%.
** Increased multicast interval between the extra casts of Fireblast, Unrefined Fireblast and Ignite from 0.3 to 0.4.

(I apologize for the laziness of removing the code stuff from it, I pulled this from the gamepedia page on him)

In 6.82 the multicast chance went up pretty significantly, thus many games of Ogre were just DINGDADINGDINGDING all day every day. IceFrog didn't want the thrill of this to go away, so he nerfed the damge of Fireblast again and reduced the cast range, without touching Multicast.

JC Sera

was thinking of making a new blog post on how to deal with heroes which put burden of knowledge on the player (Bloodseeker, techies, AA)

a lot of it boils down to "buy a tp/detection"

M.D

how can you run a game played by 12 million people and still not fix your fucking servers

valve is a really shitty company when it comes down to it

M.D

rofl

huskar and spectre

vs

morph
troll
sniper
od
cm

everyone on our team quit pre 10 minutes, we won 2 vs 5

Clicking on the play tab in regular dota crashes it, nobody playing on reborn and the few people that are have spotty internet or just flat out suck.

Not a fun time right now.

We're in purgatory right now, reborn isn't ready yet and the old client is slowly falling apart. Everyone's just waiting until we have to switch over to reborn when 6.85 releases.

t0rment

i did my part yesterday by lowering terrorblade's winrate so he can get buffed.

also, is ancient medusa a thing? i saw in 2 of my recent games, it's so weird.

it's been a thing for a long while now, it's just a very obnoxious thing as snakes put in WORK in lane and Medonna can pretty easily win lanes even with meh support

it's like jungle bloodseeker or errorblade this patch (snooze), people think they'll always come out ahead if they avoid laning entirely even though that's not always the case

i did my part yesterday by lowering terrorblade's winrate so he can get buffed.

it's garbage since the nerf to split shot. it was garbage even before actually
ward the ancients, report and move on

What are your opinions on LC with blink and Shadowblade?
I tried it today and did good. You have versatile initiation and you get damage from your Ult anyway. Ended up with 200+ bonus damage from duel. You can blink duel and shadowblade to escape too! Or is this just viable on the 3kMMR trench?

you mean because of how bad he is at it?

Man, I still have dreams of that 1v1 practice mid game he played as an Omni against an SF.

HE REPELLED HIS OWN CREEP SO THAT SF WOULDN'T GET THE LAST HIT WITH A RAZE.

Granted, it's not the biggest of plays but still, that always just stuck with me for whatever reason.

Top Bottom