• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

JC Sera

No that doesn't make any sense. If you're not making money off of your content then it becomes fair game for the first person to do it, duh. It was in that big Supreme Court case, Snooze v. Lose.

I made a long winded blog about the NUA drama but this is a classic example of me not knowing my audience because currently this is sitting at #2 on /r/all.
I know this is a couple pages late but I just woke up,
great post I didn't know about the contest thing thats super shitty

also how did you manage to get tumblr to look like a a medium article, its so unwieldily
jugg-dizzy.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
In MGSV, I got so annoyed with the kid I had R&D design and deliver a stunning sub-machine gun mid fight so I could just spray him down with rubber bullets.

Damn Kid actually fell off the boat and killed him self one of my attempts.

Hylian7

if i run doto on main monitor and run twitch on secondary monitor fps drops from 120 to 60

first world problems

Shitty flash that drops it. You can use those tricks to watch through VLC or something like that, and it should be a lot less taxing on your system. It was always kind of annoying to have that problem when I streamed on Twitch, as I had to disable the video preview because it significantly impacted my FPS, and of course apparently viewer numbers are attached to having the stream playing.

Reckoner

if i run doto on main monitor and run twitch on secondary monitor fps drops from 120 to 60

first world problems

There seems to be some kind of bug on Windows 10 that does that. On 8.1 I had no problem putting some streams on TV while playing, but now if I do that, the frame rate drops to 20 or something like that. There are some fixes for that, it seems, but I didn't yet bother trying them out.

I know this is a couple pages late but I just woke up,
great post I didn't know about the contest thing thats super shitty

also how did you manage to get tumblr to look like a a medium article, its so unwieldily
jugg-dizzy.gif

The medum-article-aesthetic was exactly what i was going for
dac15_blush.gif

should only happen when you tab out of dota

client drops to 50% fps when tabbed out

Don't think that's what he means.

Shitty flash that drops it. You can use those tricks to watch through VLC or something like that, and it should be a lot less taxing on your system. It was always kind of annoying to have that problem when I streamed on Twitch, as I had to disable the video preview because it significantly impacted my FPS, and of course apparently viewer numbers are attached to having the stream playing.

There seems to be some kind of bug on Windows 10 that does that. On 8.1 I had no problem putting some streams on TV while playing, but now if I do that, the frame rate drops to 20 or something like that. There are some fixes for that, it seems, but I didn't yet bother trying them out.

idk im still on windows 8.1

i'm assuming it's because my secondary monitor is 2160 x 1440 and my 7870 is showing its age

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I still dont understand why he or anyone else cant stream the games. Its not like the tournament runners owns DOTA 2 client.

this

exclusive casting $$$ is so dumb, if valve cared they could probably squash it all but valve guna valve. i remember when joindota and starladder were hitting people with DMCA's for casting replays or from dotatv so dumb

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish Valve would just reiterate what rebroadcasting right people have by purchasing a ticket. Ether make it clear people can broadcast without the tournament's permission or not.

I wish Valve would just reiterate what rebroadcasting right people have by purchasing a ticket. Ether make it clear people can broadcast without the tournament's permission or not.

Isn't that more something for the actual tournaments to outline or enforce? They're the ones who theoretically hold claim to broadcasting rights for their matches, aren't they?

TI/majors rebroadcasts will be for Valve to dictate, though

Hylian7

This. It's pretty dumb that these things are so ambiguous. Someone could get away with doing their own cast of TI game with no problem, but you have no idea what other tournaments would be like.

This kind of goes back to the NoobFromUA drama. I subscribe to his channel and like the content he puts out, but a ton of it is taken from streams, tournament games, or other. He does do some silly pub things sometimes, and those are absolutely fine. The screwed up thing is he is making money off of someone else's content though. I mean if he did something more like showing a different aspect of the replay, maybe doing cool things with the the cinematic camera, stuff of that nature it might be fine, but I think he mainly needs to get permission before just posting clips from stuff.

That being said, I wish streamers or tournaments would clip cool moments like NoobFromUA posts. I really like the idea of his channel, just problems with taking other people's content.

JC Sera

The medum-article-aesthetic was exactly what i was going for
dac15_blush.gif
Spent a lot of time looking for a good website for my blog/guide shit, tumblr is super unwieldily, while medium is amazing but you can only just post articles. The post looks really good though, I thought you couldn't get sub headings in tumblr text.

I ended up settling for weebly
maybe oneday i will have enough money to get a custom domain
life goals
45d006408b5ae8ead68c739fcfa396a2.png
a40b3a8e2d0fbf396190e471e94cbaee.png

Top Bottom