• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF 6.85 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I wouldn't be surprised if the patch comes out next week after reborn launches (this week) just to give Valve some breathing room. Also, the ramped up arc warden additions (and datamined arc warden nerfs) bode well for a patch very soon imo. pLS tho sooner rather than later, this pub metagame of 8-12 heroes is fucking awful--it's honestly worse than the usual deadzone of most patches. STALE META.

Kade

I used to have 8am classes three days in a row and lived in another city from my school. Only time I was able to get a ride was at 5:30 and some nights I would just hit up campus security and let them know I was staying over night. I don't miss that life.

Low Tier
all my classes are like early afternoon but thats cuz i work mornings. only unfortunate part is it honestly leaves me very little time to stream but no1 watches me anyways.

W/e at least im not animevade

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
all my classes are like early afternoon but thats cuz i work mornings. only unfortunate part is it honestly leaves me very little time to stream but no1 watches me anyways.

I watch you 1.09.

I wouldn't be surprised if the patch comes out next week after reborn launches (this week) just to give Valve some breathing room. Also, the ramped up arc warden additions (and datamined arc warden nerfs) bode well for a patch very soon imo. pLS tho sooner rather than later, this pub metagame of 8-12 heroes is fucking awful--it's honestly worse than the usual deadzone of most patches. STALE META.

Remember back when we were like, "da most balanced, best patch evar?"

3 months later: "fuck this shit."

It's true, tho. I've never been as tired of seeing the same 15 or so try-hard heroes as I am right now. And it's not that you can't pick a whole bunch of different heroes; it's that most represent a suboptimal comp. The common hero pool is reminding me of League. That's not a compliment.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Remember back when we were like, "da most balanced, best patch evar?"

3 months later: "fuck this shit."

It's true, tho. I've never been as tired of seeing the same 15 or so try-hard heroes as I am right now. And it's not that you can't pick a whole bunch of different heroes; it's that most represent a suboptimal comp. The common hero pool is reminding me of League. That's not a compliment.

rtz stream yesterday 'honestly pubs are worse now than 6.83'

wew, the precognition of some members of this comm
happy.gif

I do think that for the longest time this patch was better than 6.83, and the games themselves are still more fun. It's just that somewhere before/during TI teams figured it all out and pubs just copy that shit as always. Now it's:

Bounty Hunter
Earth Shaker
Phantom Lancer
Lina
Gyrocopter
Clockwerk
Leshrac
QoP
Shadow Fiend
Storm Spirit
Anti-Mage
Bloodseeker
Dark Seer
Techies
Rubick
Witch Doctor
Tusk
+ some slightly less popular heroes like TA, WR, Ember, Undying.

Maybe that looks like a lot of variety, but in a game in which you need 10 different heroes each game, it's really not.

W1SSY

I thought they would wait a little bit longer to rollout Reborn because I have to imagine it is going to still be a little buggy. Maybe this is the way that they can guarantee they get everything worked out before the first major.

Vade

I thought we were friends this is just like my comic.

I havent played any dota in like two weeks and im starting to get the shakes. This new patch and reborn roll in is the perfect opportunity. Now i just need to finish mgs.

Artanisix

?? I mean everyone complains about the pub meta after a few months. "It's more stale than any other meta" yeah because playing against Tinker or Lycan jungle or Sniper every game was so much more fun. Not.

Nothing wrong with being tired of this meta but don't plug your posts full of hyperbole that I see literally every patch cycle. Also no one is stopping you from picking non-meta heroes. Yeah it's a disadvantage, but it's really fun making unpopular heroes work and succeed.

Acinixys

What

Do you want Troll Sniper meta again?
crazy.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I disagree, this is the best "Deadzone" of any patch for the last two years. The OP and FOTM heroes are far more tame, easier to play around, itemize against, and are more fun to play against then the ones at the end of most patches.

?? I mean everyone complains about the pub meta after a few months. "It's more stale than any other meta" yeah because playing against Tinker or Lycan jungle or Sniper every game was so much more fun. Not.

Nothing wrong with being tired of this meta but don't plug your posts full of hyperbole that I see literally every patch cycle. Also no one is stopping you from picking non-meta heroes. Yeah it's a disadvantage, but it's really fun making unpopular heroes work and succeed.

when you queue all random and the enemy team gets leshrac and you're stuck as support alch

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
see I was a troll picker :). I ain't no Lesh/techies/storm/Lina picker tho, hence FUK dis deadzone.

it's all opinions bois. That's all dota is were all just theorycrafting role players I think Socrates said this somewhere tbh.

Top Bottom