• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Acinixys

4 server clusters have been offline since the Reborn switch happened

So I cant play

Thanks Gabe

dac15_angry.gif

Kade

Looks like the concurrent player counter is the lowest it has been in a while. Either people don't want to play Reborn or they are still downloading it.

JC Sera

I'm surprised Valve hasn't said a word yet. Blog post? Update? Pit Lord? Anything?
They said something yesterday?
The next blog post is going to be the axe immortal, at the very least.

Also no longer the youngest at the GI clinic.

Btw I figured out how I can do the website thing
Weebly has a shitty referral system where if people you refer make a blog/site they give you weebly funbucks
If I get 5-6 referrals then I have enough funbucks to sustain the website for half a year
If you wanna do me a favor I put the referral link in the email section, but otherwise just ignore this shit posting

edit:
http://store.steampowered.com/news/18340/
update
- Fixed the fight recap button sometimes causing the client to crash.
- Fixed bug calculating ping to regions, causing some regions to have very inaccurate pings and others to show up as not available.
- Fixed a bug on older CPUs where you would crash if you opened the heroes tab while in-game and then disconnected from the game.
- Fixed a bug where the profile would sometimes show the stats from the previously loaded profile rather than the current one.
- Fixed the fight recap panel not appearing when spectating.
- Fixed the dota_camera_disable_yaw console variable.
- The fogui developer command has been enabled.
- Custom Games: BaseNPC:EmitSound() now respects the fog of war.

G.ZZZ

I can't use vocal chat ingame in reborn, game freeze 1-2 seconds everytime i press the talk to speech button.

Great game volvo.

Russ T

Banned
cool i won a game and now i'm a hand of midas (gained two levels)

should be able to do ranked soon

still won't actually do ranked

shira

They should make a FOTM upgrade hat kit a la Apple

- $20/month for 2 year contract
- Every month you get the best/rarest/coolest combination of cosmetics for the FOTM carry/offlaner/support of your choice with your choice of courier(prismatic/ethereal), ward, hud, music etc.
- At the end of the month they disappear and a new one appears in your inventory.
- Items are all untradable/ungiftable/undeletable and are destroyed at the end of the month.
- Special particles or color swatches are available for your eyes only

Looks like the concurrent player counter is the lowest it has been in a while. Either people don't want to play Reborn or they are still downloading it.

It should be of no surprise given the fact that a big chunk of those players are from countries with a very lackluster ISP's with monthly data caps, add on top of that all the people from all around the world who used cyber cafes to play the game. Should be back to normal at the start of this weekend.

kasane

breh how do i get my autoexec working

also my grab all items hotkey is page up and it wont work

fuck me

edit: i got the autoexec hwo do i go back to my kawaii korean voices

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is it inherently hard to finish games in Dota 2, or is it just because I'm new and everyone is terrible at my level? It seems like games really tend to drag, even when people leave on the other team. Like a game I played earlier, it took like 15 minutes before we managed to win 5v3 because the other team just turtled in their base.

Hylian7

Is it inherently hard to finish games in Dota 2, or is it just because I'm new and everyone is terrible at my level? It seems like games really tend to drag, even when people leave on the other team. Like a game I played earlier, it took like 15 minutes before we managed to win 5v3 because the other team just turtled in their base.

At beginner levels, people often don't know how to go and finish games. Sometimes going high ground is difficult, and often newer players aren't sure how to do it. If they don't end the game, some team comps can come back through farm, like in the example you mentioned. It sounds like they just weren't farming anymore and you guys were getting ahead of them.

Chris R

The number of games I've played where we get all outer towers down and then just never push a lane uphill is probably pretty high.

Then the other team slowly works their way back into it and wins after 55 minutes :(

shira

Da best item against trench turtle
MYkYqjd.png

- helps you push, aura/extra bodies
- scouting
- detection
- mana burn
- Last Will

t0rment

jesus reborn is so fucking shit. bugs ahoy, fps drops out of nowhere, plus i'm getting a 150ms ping from a server that's supposed to be in my state, and getting matched with peruvians.

thanks for ruining dota valve.

bbd23

still seems totally bizarre that the Reborn update just kinda happened... they put it on Twitter but who even reads that?

its been in beta since june and getting constant updates. they also gave us a week notice that it would be coming soon.

Nere

I want to discuss something that I have been thinking over a long time now. I am an old school dota player started playing dota from 6.31 with my friends on internet cafes. Everyone was obsessed over it and it was literally the only game we played and had loads of fun, eventually of course everyone got burnt out and got bored of it.

I didn't played a moba again from 2008 or so until this summer when my gf suggested to me why don't you install dota 2 to try it out. So I did and all the memories came back the game is as good as it ever was but I have started to get severely dissapointed with this game recently. There are many issues with the game which aren't the game's fault though and make me want to quit it and just say fuck it.

The game is rough to new players. I started playing this game with my gf but she is really sensitive and when someone harassed her badly she started crying and literally unistalled both steam and dota and doesn't want to even see it again in her life. You get harassed in this game constantly even if you suck or if you are good from both enemies and allies. People report others just because they died by accident in the start everyone is just so offensive and hateful its insane.

Problems with communications and especially russians. The game is filled with people who can't speak english and always spam their own language even though you pick english in the search. This is really annoying and makes the game harder for absolutely no reason.

Problems with getting into a game. Tonight I was in the que searching for a game for literally 20min. First time someone didn't clicked ready, second time again the same, third time got into the loading screen 2 people didn't loaded the game so returned to the screen. And even when you get into a game nobody is assuring you that someone won't disconnect right away or just will stand afk in the fountain and ruin the game for the rest. I feel this game is played by people with the worst computers in history, I have played other online games too but not a single time have I seen so many disconnects or failures to load the game, what is the problem?

I am sorry for this rant but I feel so sad over this. When you get a good game with good players it feels so good but 99% of the games have some issue that will just ruin the game. I just finished a game 20min ago in which some guy was 0/21 k/d and completely ruinned the game and he was intentionally feeding after that game I just realized that I completely wasted 45min of my life. I know all games can be called a waste but at least on others you have fun while doing it here its just so miserable. I just feel this is unfair to the game because mechanically the game is almost perfect and super fun when it works but it gets ruinned for me for reasons other than the game especially the community. World of Warcrafts community feels like a place full of angels compared to this one to be honest. I might have to add that I have played for 120 hours and I am level 11 so only need 2 more to get to ranked maybe it is an issue of unranked only I don't know. I would like to hear what you have to say, I am not bashing the game I love it but I hate everything around the shell of the game.

shira

I want to discuss something that I have been thinking over a long time now. I am an old school dota player started playing dota from 6.31 with my friends on internet cafes. Everyone was obsessed over it and it was literally the only game we played and had loads of fun, eventually of course everyone got burnt out and got bored of it.

I didn't played a moba again from 2008 or so until this summer when my gf suggested to me why don't you install dota 2 to try it out. So I did and all the memories came back the game is as good as it ever was but I have started to get severely dissapointed with this game recently. There are many issues with the game which aren't the game's fault though and make me want to quit it and just say fuck it.

The game is rough to new players. I started playing this game with my gf but she is really sensitive and when someone harassed her badly she started crying and literally unistalled both steam and dota and doesn't want to even see it again in her life. You get harassed in this game constantly even if you suck or if you are good from both enemies and allies. People report others just because they died by accident in the start everyone is just so offensive and hateful its insane.

Problems with communications and especially russians. The game is filled with people who can't speak english and always spam their own language even though you pick english in the search. This is really annoying and makes the game harder for absolutely no reason.

Problems with getting into a game. Tonight I was in the que searching for a game for literally 20min. First time someone didn't clicked ready, second time again the same, third time got into the loading screen 2 people didn't loaded the game so returned to the screen. And even when you get into a game nobody is assuring you that someone won't disconnect right away or just will stand afk in the fountain and ruin the game for the rest. I feel this game is played by people with the worst computers in history, I have played other online games too but not a single time have I seen so many disconnects or failures to load the game, what is the problem?

I am sorry for this rant but I feel so sad over this. When you get a good game with good players it feels so good but 99% of the games have some issue that will just ruin the game. I just finished a game 20min ago in which some guy was 0/21 k/d and completely ruinned the game and he was intentionally feeding after that game I just realized that I completely wasted 45min of my life. I know all games can be called a waste but at least on others you have fun while doing it here its just so miserable. I just feel this is unfair to the game because mechanically the game is almost perfect and super fun when it works but it gets ruinned for me for reasons other than the game especially the community. World of Warcrafts community feels like a place full of angels compared to this one to be honest. I might have to add that I have played for 120 hours and I am level 11 so only need 2 more to get to ranked maybe it is an issue of unranked only I don't know. I would like to hear what you have to say, I am not bashing the game I love it but I hate everything around the shell of the game.

tumblr_mezy08dbze1qbm00wo1_500.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This really isn't a game to share with the GF, I'm sorry to say mate.

And with Reborn rolling out the servers are very unstable right now so it's pretty much the worst possible time to "get back in".

If you really want to MOBA with your GF I suggest Heroes of the Storm. Just make sure to have her client auto-mute everyone.

Low Tier
have you considered playing in some neogaf inhouses, or partying with noob friendly players in this community? For the most part people here are very friendly and empathetic towards new players, and there is a large variety in player skill so I'm sure you can find players to play with.

Also one time i elbowed my gf of the time in the throat and she started crying and i was on facebook this means facebook is the devil right

G-Unit

have you considered playing in some neogaf inhouses, or partying with noob friendly players in this community? For the most part people here are very friendly and empathetic towards new players, and there is a large variety in player skill so I'm sure you can find players to play with.

charm_laugh.gif
don't believe his lies
bts_lina.gif

Low Tier
i mean thats definitely not me dude except for the rare occasions where i like a shitty player

but im sure someone will help you

Nere

This really isn't a game to share with the GF, I'm sorry to say mate.

And with Reborn rolling out the servers are very unstable right now so it's pretty much the worst possible time to "get back in".

If you really want to MOBA with your GF I suggest Heroes of the Storm. Just make sure to have her client auto-mute everyone.

We already play Heroes of the Storm but it feels so casual, so I suggested to her to try something more complicated with more depth, big mistake poor girl feel sorry for her.

At least your lady plays video games.. Mine can't even handle 2D platformers.

Low Tier
ok at this point im just confused about the way he's going about his thread introduction

MY LIFE IS FUCKED NO MATTER WHAT I DO THOUGH THERE CAN BE NO RIGHT ANSWER ONLY SUFFERING FOR ME.

Nere

i mean thats definitely not me dude except for the rare occasions where i like a shitty player

but im sure someone will help you

The problem isn't that I suck and I get harassed, since I was playing for so many years back then the experience carries over so I am actually an average to good player so I don't get harassed but still the rest of the problems remain. The harassment issues were mainly for my gf.

Just mute everyone?

Well yeah you can but I don't think thats a solution to an online game plus as I said that won't solve all the disconnect issues.

Top Bottom