• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Low Tier
i mean my advice towards u was more about networking doe.

im sure games are 100% more enjoyable when you're playing with people who's company you enjoy. branch out doe we got some real characters here

just dont play with vade hes manga trash

I'm sorry but if your gf got that upset over rude comments I don't think cooperative multiplayer games in which you play with strangers are for her. My ex was also extremely sensitive and I steered her away from Dota since I knew she wouldn't be able to handle any negative comments directed at her, that's not the game's fault(neither was it hers).

Maybe the game could have a newbie friendly mode in which chat is disabled but I really don't see the point, if you can't handle flame stick to bots or 5-stacking with friends exclusively.

Vade

I want to discuss something that I have been thinking over a long time now. I am an old school dota player started playing dota from 6.31 with my friends on internet cafes. Everyone was obsessed over it and it was literally the only game we played and had loads of fun, eventually of course everyone got burnt out and got bored of it.

I didn't played a moba again from 2008 or so until this summer when my gf suggested to me why don't you install dota 2 to try it out. So I did and all the memories came back the game is as good as it ever was but I have started to get severely dissapointed with this game recently. There are many issues with the game which aren't the game's fault though and make me want to quit it and just say fuck it.

The game is rough to new players. I started playing this game with my gf but she is really sensitive and when someone harassed her badly she started crying and literally unistalled both steam and dota and doesn't want to even see it again in her life. You get harassed in this game constantly even if you suck or if you are good from both enemies and allies. People report others just because they died by accident in the start everyone is just so offensive and hateful its insane.

Problems with communications and especially russians. The game is filled with people who can't speak english and always spam their own language even though you pick english in the search. This is really annoying and makes the game harder for absolutely no reason.

Problems with getting into a game. Tonight I was in the que searching for a game for literally 20min. First time someone didn't clicked ready, second time again the same, third time got into the loading screen 2 people didn't loaded the game so returned to the screen. And even when you get into a game nobody is assuring you that someone won't disconnect right away or just will stand afk in the fountain and ruin the game for the rest. I feel this game is played by people with the worst computers in history, I have played other online games too but not a single time have I seen so many disconnects or failures to load the game, what is the problem?

I am sorry for this rant but I feel so sad over this. When you get a good game with good players it feels so good but 99% of the games have some issue that will just ruin the game. I just finished a game 20min ago in which some guy was 0/21 k/d and completely ruinned the game and he was intentionally feeding after that game I just realized that I completely wasted 45min of my life. I know all games can be called a waste but at least on others you have fun while doing it here its just so miserable. I just feel this is unfair to the game because mechanically the game is almost perfect and super fun when it works but it gets ruinned for me for reasons other than the game especially the community. World of Warcrafts community feels like a place full of angels compared to this one to be honest. I might have to add that I have played for 120 hours and I am level 11 so only need 2 more to get to ranked maybe it is an issue of unranked only I don't know. I would like to hear what you have to say, I am not bashing the game I love it but I hate everything around the shell of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW93CV6m-JU

Quesa

Yeah, this game is not kind to people. Try finding people to play with you like so you don't have to put up with any awful people, and just mute the entire enemy team, every time. As for the DCs, there's not much you can do about those.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if you click 'watch game' next to a friend who's playing it tells you it can't find the server, but if you right click them and click watch game it loads

crazy.gif
crazy.gif

JC Sera

What server do you play on?
I only play with friends personally

Also what happened with ur gf is super shitty
I know its blasphemy to recommend other mobas, but if you guys are already into WoW, Heroes of the Storm is pretty great for lack of abuse I find, and is pretty fun. Its nowhere near as a horrible experience when a game goes bad, the game is over in 10-15 minutes.

JC Sera

You know that's not true. It's inherent to the genre.
When the enemy team can't talk to you, and games are only 10-15 minutes long so theres much less investments, there is a hell of a reduction in abuse
also I dunno but the levels of abuse I hear about from the american servers seems hyperbole considering my own experiences in the australian servers.
However people could just be nicer online over here.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just tried to play my first game on the officially sanctioned new dota client and our Void couldn't play cause his screen was gliched out so bad. Also heroes were totally disappearing for me.

This client was not ready.

spk

Is anyone else freezing/lagging? My game is micro freezing very often due to network lag where I don't send any data at all.

You can see I stop sending data thus freeze multiple times in this very short period of time:

MJmIuKU.jpg

This has been happening to my DOTA and Steam for a few weeks now. I think it might be because I have a non steam game on a separate drive that freezes things when the drive leaves sleep for whatever reason. I'll remove the shortcut and see if things change. My netgraph probably looks the same

Official MadCatz TE2 Dota 2 Kawaii Maiden Limited Edition 1 of 1

Are these in stock anywhere yet? Been trying to get one for a bit now. I missed the madcatz labor day sale

inkls

where do I go when I want to watch replays I downloaded? Seems the only way so far is to go in recent games in my match history

also I dunno but the levels of abuse I hear about from the american servers seems hyperbole considering my own experiences in the australian servers.
However people could just be nicer online over here.
Funnily enough the only time I've really witnessed people being horrendously abusive is from either SEA or American players that play on the Australian server.

Not saying there aren't plenty of home-grown dickheads on this server, mind you.

kasane

where is the grab all items hotkey in the options

i did it ages ago on source 1 doto and now i cant find it in source 2

my muscle memory is kicking in and its making me go crazy

edit: nvm im an idiot

I just want 6.85 to bring some insane stuff that'll blow everyone's minds, last patch did a great job with all the new items. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

I'M SURE

Chris R

can somebody tell me how im supposed to build alch this patch or should I just wait for 6.85

Gold first if the rune is yours, poison otherwise. Then Battlefury, a few other carry items and watch as your ancient explodes because you picked Alch this patch :(

spk

anyone else not able to spec games in reborn? also how am i supposed to navigate the store. what store. how do i find shit

Top Bottom