• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Artanisix

now with pictures

jbuFFpY.jpg

press 'play dota'
9Txj7Tt.jpg

press 'lobby games'
6KPE00b.png

press 'gaf ih'
gvtZnYF.jpg

enter the secret password
CstxCev.jpg

tada motherfucker

do not go through custom games lobby list

ksan

after reborn became the main client it really shows that every single person working at valve is slightly mentally deficient

ksan

Ksan if I draft you will you carry me to victory past the 1.09s?

probably, unless valve decides to reset every single fucking hotkey cause no one knows how to export shit

also how the fuck is it to export normal settings, i could kinda understand that you failed the swedish->ANSI standard keyboard transfer, but that i get death camera centered on myself after a death after the update requires a certain level of mental deficiency

ksan

HOLY FUCK THIS IS LITERALLY THE WORST UPDATE EVER

id rather play wc3, less bullshit, every single setting is destroyed

Hylian7

probably, unless valve decides to reset every single fucking hotkey cause no one knows how to export shit

also how the fuck is it to export normal settings, i could kinda understand that you failed the swedish->ANSI standard keyboard transfer, but that i get death camera centered on myself after a death after the update requires a certain level of mental deficiency

That's a checkbox in the settings. They added new ones that was only console stuff in Source 1 like the range finder, right click deny, etc.

ksan

That's a checkbox in the settings. They added new ones that was only console stuff in Source 1 like the range finder, right click deny, etc.

i dont use settings for retarded people, i just use wc3 settings, and still everything was wrong after the update

i expect shit to work, like in good games like cs and q3

I can't figure out where anything is and I've played reborn in beta. Design is nice to look at but horrendous to navigate.

Any ihl matches going on?

Hylian7

i dont use settings for retarded people, i just use wc3 settings, and still everything was wrong after the update

i expect shit to work, like in good games like cs and q3

What's wrong with the settings then? I'm not understanding the issue. Is it something with legacy hotkeys?

ksan

im seriously starting to wonder if single person at valve is a socially deficient person who doesnt understand how the world works

ksan

It's like they said these people like patch changes so let's reset and change everything.

its like valve never made a good online game

the only reason dota 2 is good is cause of icefrog to be frank

i mean, when valve actually tried themselves, cs source ended up to be one of the shittiest games ever

Hylian7

I transitioned from legacy to current. Ain't no thing

When I tried to play WC3 Dota a few years ago, the hardest thing about it was the awkward positioning of hotkeys for some heroes. I didn't really have a problem memorizing the keys, but pressing them was kind of weird. Sometimes I would try to hit what I was used to in Dota 2.

Going T -> R -> D with Pudge was really awkward for me.

also default no auto attack LMAO :D:D:DD:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:DD:DDDd

Honestly I haven't really understood why some people prefer to have it on. I mean I guess now it's viable if that's what you prefer, but I have never really understood the logic behind it. The only thing I can think of is trying to not lose the chase on someone that's going in and out of vision, but this is mitigated by A+Clicking.

Before they fixed it though, there used to be no good reason to leave autoattack on in Dota 2 (Source 1) when you had stuff like Centaur's Return and Enchantress's Untouchable proccing on initiated on attacks and not when the attack connected.

There was a Fails of the Week clip a long time ago where an NP was on the cliff and a Centaur Warrunner was right below him. The NP had autoattack on and he kept hitting S to cancel attacking, however Return procced on initiated attacks, so he was just fucking himself over with every cancelled attack.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah it's not like they've been making very rapid and big fixes to the client or anything, this is definitely the absolute end of the world.

G.ZZZ

shoutout to tobear, inspiration for me to carry
not feed
in 6k average games.

Also i have two huge problems, i have 15% constant packet loss and everytime i use ingame voice chat the game freeze for a second. Good client ovlov

ksan

actually the worst people are the ones with south korean names, because they actually think theyre good at games, but theyve never been competitive in any game that people care about

and this is regardless of if theyre from south korea or not, there are so many "koreaboos"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I got into the Gigantic closed beta which is running this weekend, but I haven't gotten Windows 10 installed yet, so I can't play it. They gave me 4 keys to give away for it if anybody wants in. I think they will work on the PC or Xbox One

ksan

i dont even know how to random in reborn :DDDD didn't see the button when it was my turn to pick

holy fuck this game sucks ass right now

Top Bottom