• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Since I can't get any of my friends to play MOBAs with me anymore, I've been thinking about getting into solo ranked Dota but I honestly don't know how to deal with Techies pickers. I can handle any amount of losing and trash talk in Dota but just seeing a Techies picked in my games sends me into a frothing rage and I want to just instantly abandon. I don't know how to get over this. Techies has negatively effected my desire to even launch the Dota client for over a year now. Instead of continuing to just be a whiny idiot about it, I'm sincerely appealing to GAF for help.

Since I can't get any of my friends to play MOBAs with me anymore, I've been thinking about getting into solo ranked Dota but I honestly don't know how to deal with Techies pickers. I can handle any amount of losing and trash talk in Dota but just seeing a Techies picked in my games sends me into a frothing rage and I want to just instantly abandon. I don't know how to get over this. Techies has negatively effected my desire to even launch the Dota client for over a year now. Instead of continuing to just be a whiny idiot about it, I'm sincerely appealing to GAF for help.

Wait for 6.85. What else you gonna do about it?

Pick TA, night stalker or Lina and hope your team mates aren't stupid

shira

Pick Techeis
EZ MMR
tumblr_mj1kujqmN31qkt655o4_250.gif

Zeknurn

Play captain's mode or go unranked.

TUSR

Banned
Just play with people on GAF.

There is a good core of players in the community that do stacks frequently.

Get your foot in the door, and when 6.85/7.00/?.?? rolls out more of us will be playing.

t0rment

pick techies yourself. that's what i do.

aeolist

Banned
hope alliance/rat style gets buffed in 6.85

bulldog winning a game by split-pushing while his team gets wiped is my favorite doto

SamuraiX-

Why did they have to release Reborn if it's still a buggy ass piece of shit?

All flash on the surface and programmed by a fucking 5 year old underneath.

Just had to take an abandon because it kicked me back to the main menu after I accepted match. Clicked reconnect. Still in the main menu with the disconnect button sitting there in red. No way to actually access the game I'm apparently in. Tried rebooting client. Tried clicking reconnect/disconnect several times. Now can't queue for 10 minutes.

Eat a fucking dick, Valve.

Why did they have to release Reborn if it's still a buggy ass piece of shit?

All flash on the surface and programmed by a fucking 5 year old underneath.

Just had to take an abandon because it kicked me back to the main menu after I accepted match. Clicked reconnect. Still in the main menu with the disconnect button sitting there in red. No way to actually access the game I'm apparently in. Tried rebooting client. Tried clicking reconnect/disconnect several times. Now can't queue for 10 minutes.

Eat a fucking dick, Valve.

Yes because the previous client was totally absent of similar issues... It has been less than a week since it launched, you people got no patience, jesus,

So far for me, I haven't had as many problems with the new client as some of the people complaining in the thread, in fact, performance wise it runs much smoother now.

SamuraiX-

yeah fuck valve ive already refunded my purchase of dota reborn

So because it's FTP we should be totally accepting of shit and rushed releases?

Yes because the previous client was totally absent of similar issues... It has been less than a week since it launched, you people got no patience, jesus,

So far for me, I haven't had as many problems with the new client as some of the people complaining in the thread, in fact, performance wise it runs much smoother now.

I never had any of the sort of issues that I've been having in Reborn with the old client. The old client was perfectly fine. It's not even about the fact that it's been live for less than a week. There was no reason to force everyone to play Reborn now if it's still a bugged mess. What was the actual point of releasing it ASAP? The early access/beta lasted, what, a couple of weeks at most? Just give people the option to play with either client until you've sorted your shit out.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Wait for 6.85. What else you gonna do about it?

I don't have any reason to believe that anything major will shift with Techies in the new patch. Even if IF nerfs the shit out of the hero, people who pick Techies are still going to pick Techies because they don't pick it because it's powerful, they pick it because they're terrorists.

Pratfall

I never had any of the sort of issues that I've been having in Reborn with the old client. The old client was perfectly fine. It's not even about the fact that it's been live for less than a week. There was no reason to force everyone to play Reborn now if it's still a bugged mess. What was the actual point of releasing it ASAP? The early access/beta lasted, what, a couple of weeks at most? Just give people the option to play with either client until you've sorted your shit out.

Because maintaining two clients would considerably slow the advancements in source 2. Reborn was optional for 3 months. Try relaxing with a nice walk.

Because it helps to get shit fixed faster, more people means it will be easier to spot the mirage of bugs and glitches the game is still plagued with.

Guess what happened when that was the case, most people stuck to the old client. They're forcing more people to play reborn so they can find more bugs faster and be able to devote all their attention to reborn rather than having to basically divide their team in two. Also it's not that huge of a mess, it has issues but it's definitely playable.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pretty sure QoP and SF in the same team have a 20% winrate since TI5 main stage. It absolutely never works.

Well only 4 teams have even done it since TI5, and it has a 0% winrate.

Shadow Fiend alone only has a 37% winrate, and QoP only has 44% winrate post TI5.

Now, if you want highly picked heroes with good Win Rates Post TI5, (And in the top 15 picks) you have Storm at 61%, Tusk at 61%, Dazzle at 61%, Gyro at 59%, Clockwerk at 56%, and Lina at 54%

I don't have any reason to believe that anything major will shift with Techies in the new patch. Even if IF nerfs the shit out of the hero, people who pick Techies are still going to pick Techies because they don't pick it because it's powerful, they pick it because they're terrorists.
I am a confirmed member of isis

Hylian7

I mean good, because the rare games where Terrorblade gets out of control and grinds down your sanity and will to live are easily the worst games of Dota I've ever played
I think I have seen that happen once in this patch, and my team wasn't playing well and I'm pretty sure the other team had a QoP or Storm or something doing all the work and making space for him to exist and eventually stumble into carrying.

TUSR

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3ktbqd/pa_arcana_block_neutral_camps/
As the title says, pa's blade that appears on the ground after you crit and kill someone blocks neutral camps. match id 1791081790. At 32:49,radiant big camp, when the pa crit the cm, the sword appears on the ground. And the following minute the neutrals does not spawn. There is also another one at the Radiant Ancient but i can't find it. Oh and i dont know how to post a video of it lol.

h a h a

Top Bottom