• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Why does it matter when preorders start? I don't expect stuff to sell out I think the whole point of this is that they can fulfill all the orders.

Sorry, no super shonen powerups. You get a little bit and it's used similar to Kuroko.
The matches are so goooooooood. Ep 1 is so gooooooood.
song_siren.gif
Now that I've watched a few more eps I can see how the matches can remain interesting despite lacking the Shonen powers, it makes it all up in intensity and emotion. I mean hell it got me all riled up for a practice match against a bunch of nobodies. I'll just get my Shonen sports fill elsewhere.

Sibylus

Banned
First game in 26 days, feel I did okay for being so rusty: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1636268548

Supported friend mid with the idea being that I'd help him get his BoTs by 12 mins (Tinker challenge). Would have had them too had he not left to roam bot for a gank
facepalm.gif

Roll on attempt 2 at some point here. I'm gonna get him these points!

Hylian7

Envy took Jakiro mid... can't wait for that shit to take over the trench

I could see it being viable with Liquid Fire being ABSOLUTELY FREE to cast. However that's an ability I would rather have on a support, and I think a lot of mids right now would still beat him.

Hylian7

First game in 26 days, feel I did okay for being so rusty: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1636268548

Supported friend mid with the idea being that I'd help him get his BoTs by 12 mins (Tinker challenge). Would have had them too had he not left to roam bot for a gank
facepalm.gif

Roll on attempt 2 at some point here. I'm gonna get him these points!

I played Tinker for the first time in a while today against a TA mid, with a Spirit Breaker being on the other team.

Lucky for me, there was great ward coverage, and even before he got under ward vision I could see him charge away from his lane every time. I just laid down a march, sat under tower and waited. They tried to dive it, and nearly gave me a double kill until they decided to back out.
anuxi_trees.gif

Also the other team had a farming Silencer with the rest of their lineup: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1635936828

Yeah I don't know how to explain these things.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Now that I've watched a few more eps I can see how the matches can remain interesting despite lacking the Shonen powers, it makes it all up in intensity and emotion. I mean hell it got me all riled up for a practice match against a bunch of nobodies. I'll just get my Shonen sports fill elsewhere.

mayatomr_romance.gif

Hylian7

Hmm. Oct. core reduces the amount of time linkens' spell block stays on someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oidk5HgNSks&feature=youtu.be

Probably a bug, or maybe intentional for balance reasons.

I'm going to guess unintentional, as I tried Refresher Linkens (without Octarine Core) and was able to get two blocks. I'm guessing the code is written "block duration = linkens cooldown", Octarine modifies the Linkens cooldown variable, therefore duration is shorter by proxy.

damn beyond the schedule can't even run ads properly any more. waow.

people still shill for this shit
they must love deez nuts

I could see it being viable with Liquid Fire being ABSOLUTELY FREE to cast. However that's an ability I would rather have on a support, and I think a lot of mids right now would still beat him.

go mid, 4-0-4 build, damage on breathe fire is insane

I'm not in LP, last games were fine besides a few shitters and a leaver

TUSR is your new avatar Tsukihi from Bakemonogatari series? :3

I wonder what the digital unlock for the TI5 keyboard is. I'm kinda in the market for a new keyboard but spending $220 seems a bit much... I'd imagine the item would be for a popular hero like Pudge/Lina etc instead of, say, Shadow Demon, otherwise I just can't see many people buying the keyboard.

Anuxi: You got a SteelSeries M800 right? Any thoughts on it so far?

I'm in LP more often than not and I usually don't mind because I enjoy all random but lately, people have started doing 5 man feed parties mid for some reason. Really annoying shit.

Maybe don't flame people and dismiss positivity
cheeky.gif

I usually play on smurfs and abandon shitty, unwinnable games once in a while that are at risk of dragging on forever. Life's too short.

Edit: Always in a stack and oftentimes with the consent of others obviously. Most of us don't mind AR and playing a losing game vs. Techies + a late game carry when we failed to take over the mid game just ain't worth the time investment.

Reckoner

Last year I was kicking ass with Pugna, so I just tried him again and he felt a little underwhelming now. And the ward is too noticiable. :(

Reckoner

305 tower damage, what in the world
don't play pugna as support btw
sick.gif

Yeah, I know. But I couldn't stretch on the push since Nyx was really hard on me. I fed him so much.
cry.gif

My carry days are long over. I can't take the pressure any more. I just end up afraid of dying and go farm the jungle and creep waves, or whatever. I must overcome my fears. For example, in this game I was playing carry as Chaos Knight and I was kicking so much ass, and for some reason I just stopped getting those ez kills and went farming like a dumbass, 'cause I didn't want to die and compromise something. I've seen so many matches lost because of the other team suddenly turning things around...

people aren't posting their mmr

I don't know who's opinions I can ignore

This user's Solo MMR: 14

I'm 1626 right now. Started at 1200 something. First moba, playing since last May IIRC.

I don't play ranked.
Nyx shouldn't be a menace if you're 5 manning, of course he's gonna blow you up if you're isolated and he's around, pugna is pretty squishy
Usually with pugna you get early levels, like 7-8, from there on you can 2-3 man push T1 towers to get a good advantage especially mek, and then you need to group up and take T2 towers with nether ward to zone out and prevent the enemy from all in team fighting (early on nether ward destroys heroes especially supports)

If you get a good fight after/during a T2 push, go right for the T3 and even rax if you have the time, pugna pushes really hard

Anybody have an idea when the new TI chests are going to be purchasable for us normies who can't go to the event? I can't remember when it started last year...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Anybody have an idea when the new TI chests are going to be purchasable for us normies who can't go to the event? I can't remember when it started last year...

At the latest it will be the end of the month. Last year they also released 2 chests during the tournament.

Hylian7

Tell me how exactly flaming people that "deserve" to be flamed solves anything. Tell me how positivity and keeping your team in good spirits so they make better plays, are less likely to go on tilt, and other stuff is "overrated".

If positivity leads to success then how do you explain Arteezy being on the most successful Dota team in the world right now?

(sick burn, nice job self)

If positivity leads to success then how do you explain Arteezy being on the most successful Dota team in the world right now?

(sick burn, nice job self)

Because he doesnt say shit to his teammates ie S4 , who I never heard him flame and is a better player than rtz

kionedrik

Because he doesnt say shit to his teammates ie S4 , who I never heard him flame and is a better player than rtz

Judging purely by the streams I've seen, S4, Wagamama and Draskyl might be the best behavior role models this game has seen. The rest behave like average post-puberty teenage boys.

Top Bottom