• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

G.ZZZ

I don't understand why techies had to be nerfed THAT much. I agree that the hero is crap to play against, but being able to demine as melee with QB and mines not exploding on destruction would've made the hero like 50% less ass to play against. The absurd nerf of his farmign ability was just... why. Like you delete the hero from the game sigh.

t0rment

Watching broxy play techies now is so depressing. He is pretty much dumpster tier now

this warms my soul
happytears.gif

shira

I don't understand why techies had to be nerfed THAT much. I agree that the hero is crap to play against, but being able to demine as melee with QB and mines not exploding on destruction would've made the hero like 50% less ass to play against. The absurd nerf of his farmign ability was just... why. Like you delete the hero from the game sigh.

This just means SSA will get buffed soon

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Watching broxy play techies now is so depressing. He is pretty much dumpster tier now

Is this going to go down as the best patch in the history of Dota?

Do you play support? The last year has been an actual fucking nightmare for me. Techies had taken my favorite video game of all time away from me. The hero needed to be deleted. These nerfs were drastic but still not enough IMO.

I just remembered that doom has been trash for over an entire year now. love this patch

The frog wants to make him a roaming hero again. Which sucks cause thats the worst and most boring way to play that hero.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i'm really confused as to why tb was removed from cm, the reflection change is kinda big sure... but removed from cm for it? bleh. I like the changes tho, couple nerfs, but he comes out on top with that suped up reflection and 500+ range sunder imo. Both enormous late game changes.

i had a big fucking grin on my face as i read the techies nerfs in class.. fuck techies pickers, fuck that hero--perfect nerfs to nuke him from orbit. no sympathy from me

Hylian7

i'm really confused as to why tb was removed from cm, the reflection change is kinda big sure... but removed from cm for it? bleh. I like the changes tho, couple nerfs, but he comes out on top with that suped up reflection and 500+ range sunder imo. Both enormous late game changes.

It's not just the Reflection thing. You have the thing with Metamorphosis and Conjure Image, then you have the ridiculous Sunder range. All of these things definitely seem OP on paper, but something that needs to be tried out for a while first. Maybe he'll get added in a b patch or something, maybe not.

Also I think Storm is okay. Not a super high tier pick anymore, but still pretty good.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1817531436

i had a big fucking grin on my face as i read the techies nerfs in class.. fuck techies pickers, fuck that hero--perfect nerfs to nuke him from orbit. no sympathy from me
I think he always does that whenever he radically changes a skill right? It's just to be safe, he'll probably get added soon enough.

And yeah, I don't really give a shit if Techies got over nerfed, I won't mind if I never see it in a game ever again.

ALSO

UNDERTALE GOTY 2015

AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Main thing I wanted to see was Techies nerfs. Thank god for destroying mines no longer triggering them.

Plus more buffs to DP ult, LC damage, and Mira agi gain buffs, woo. Meanwhile, Storm got hiiiit, not to mention Lesh, and Lina to a lesser extent.

Impetus not being a UAM is gonna be great for offlane, and Doom buffs don't hurt either.

Hopefully the Venge buffs help, though I'm not sure her agi gain was the issue. More MS is always good tho.

Whoa @bloodstone nerfs, and an interesting diffusal buff for, say, Riki w/ multiple enemies with dust.

I
just remembered that doom has been trash for over an entire year now. love this patch

New Scorched Earth and phase boots are gonna help, but requiring an Aghs for Break on ult still is gonna hurt him a lot.

Also, lol'd at alch getting even more gold for bounty runes.

I didn't mind techies that much, but it really sucked playing someone like winter wyvern and taking damage when you're minesweeping. I dunno about all the other nerfs, but no damage on mine destruction is nice. The gold is great too cause it does really drain a support's money to buy wards.

Calidor

ogre magi is fucking ridiclous now, 8 base armor 600hp lvl 1... I zone out the offlaner alone now lol. Prepare to see this shit spammed until 6.86
misc-rng.gif

I honestly dont see the big techie nerf. I see unlimited mines all over the map. But its sure good news for enemy supports once they have a gem. Good techies are busy taking down towers anyway..

he knows EE will play him at frankfurt and lose miserably

icefrog is a team secret fanstraight

iamblades

Dagger can't cleave.

Yes it can apparently, you just have to be in cleave range, the cleave is centered around your hero, not the dagger. Which might as well mean it doesn't cleave, but technically it does.

Just from watching BSJ's stream anyway, have not confirmed it in game yet.

TUSR

Banned
Yes it can apparently, you just have to be in cleave range, the cleave is centered around your hero, not the dagger. Which might as well mean it doesn't cleave, but technically it does.

Just from watching BSJ's stream anyway, have not confirmed it in game yet.

yeah that makes sense

Top Bottom