• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

If icefrog does not like how techies changes the playstyle, he should just redo him completly. Keep stasis trap and Suicide, rework the mines.

Other than that ok patch, will See what is going to be op. Maybe TB will be Pub cancer again.

I still think venomancer should be played as ps3, he is very strong with Farm and even got some buffs now.

TUSR

Banned
You guys can stop shit posting now pls. OT12 will *not* go up until Sunday.

aka stop talking so fuckin much

bear, take your ass to bed.

UBXwikM.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i mean who cares just pick undying and ember, get aghs and just end the game cuz no1 can actually fight you

haha xd

Yeah, I had a Scepter Undying in one of my games. He basically won the game single handily, it really was insane. I was already writing the game off as a loss at 10 minutes since I had a crappy laning stage, mid went poorish, and Life Stealer had 6 deaths at 10 minutes. But at 15 minutes Undying got a scepter, and the enemy just didn't know what to do.

Oh and someone let Icefog know that TB illusions are broken when Shadow Demon uses Disruption to create more. It creates only melee form TBs (regardless of whether you disrupted TB in range or melee form), they briefly "Error" and subsequently can't be moved or otherwise controlled.

JC Sera

#2k undying player opinion

yeah there has always been a couple of heroes each patch where its been "stop them from farming item X before time Y or GG"

Unfortunately applying this to undying is horrible because 1) he's such an early game hero who farms heroes, and can easily obtain aghs in most decent games 2) Time Y in this case is ANY POINT OF THE GAME

like I think its a buff in completely the right direction, giving him more late game potential to wreck but 10 STR is ridiculous and needs to be scaled down

cry.gif

I'm still on the Sven hype train. Having more mana to work with is something he sorely lacked. Actually, I wish he doesn't become too popular as I don't want him nerfed in any way (one of my fav heroes )but realistically it happens to every hero eventually. Nerfing OP heroes into a state worse than when they weren't picked is IF's way.

JC Sera

Would you rush Aghs on Undying now, before Guardian Greaves? I feel like you still want mana boots first at least...
I get my core items in the first 15-20 minutes (BM & Arcanes, I also buy wards+tp)
in a good game 8-12
usually after that its what the team requires (pipe/solar,ect)
An aghs after core items is pretty feasible

Low Tier
i mean

arcane boots, cloak if u have to, then aghs

haha the fucking hero has 2500 health and the enemy teams like all 600-800

and thats after like 2 decays im sure he an just keep spamming q

pa most overhyped game ruining carry tho.

ck's insane, i'll go over why i think he's insane now tomorrow mornin i guess

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
is it me or does the game use more memory now

I accidentally left my client open since the update went live. I just closed it now because I realized my computer was acting weird. Checked and Dota 2 was using just under 4 gigs of ram.

JC Sera

I rescind my previous comment
edit: If I see the word "grills" another time I s2g I take back everything this cancer trash fuck it
i4bg3bX.png

M.D

I accidentally left my client open since the update went live. I just closed it now because I realized my computer was acting weird. Checked and Dota 2 was using just under 4 gigs of ram.

Mine was at 2GB and was sluggish for some reason, closed and there was another update doawnloing, maybe it's related and fixed some memory leak

Hylian7

I would love to know how they generated some of these chat channels.

Picked big-ish cities I'm guessing. Looking at Texas I see stuff like Austin, Dallas, Waco, etc.

On an unrelated note, YouTube ContentID is the most frustrating thing to deal with. Every time it picks up something it disables monetization on all your videos, and you have to either delete the video or use the "remove song" feature which sometimes only removes the song, and sometimes removes all the audio from wherever it flagged the song. I started streaming the first Shin Megami Tensei on my YouTube channel and out of all the music that is used constantly throughout the series, it picked up only one track, the fucking Cathedral of Shadows theme (or as YouTube called it "Project SATAN"). Note that the video there uses the exact song, but how did they get away with uploading it and keeping it there? Just by not monetizing anything on their channel? I've gotten this shit a few times for game music and it's really frustrating. Luckily nothing Dota-related has picked it up. Anyway that was a mini-rant, I might make a thread about this topic in general.

I did my patch analysis stream, which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRZSy3gkKrM

Fair warning, I had to eat dinner while I did this, so I apologize for loud breathing or other noises while I was eating.

A few thoughts on the patch after having more time to think about it, beyond my initial impressions in the video.

Terrorblade - OP as all hell and broken. Totally warranted removing that from CM. My guess is Icefrog wanted to just try a bunch of crazy shit with TB since he's been unpickable for a while now, and see what works. I think it needs to be made more obvious what the illusions are. It's so confusing in a cluster of the real TB and illusions. At the very least, Sunder cast range needs to go down. It's absolutely ridiculous right now. Reflection seems ridiculous, but I'm not sure how I feel about that one yet. That one might have to be scaled down some too. The Metamorphosis thing is actually probably the most reasonable change here, as it doesn't make it where you have to wait til after Meta to Conjure Images, you can just keep popping them out. However at the same time, you can't send your illusions (other than Manta of course) down a lane as they lose Meta form as soon as they leave aura range.

PA - Only played against her once so far, and the one we were up against definitely wasn't abusing the Dagger thing to it's full potential. I honestly think the Dagger thing is pretty overpowered though, at least it certainly sounds that way on paper. The biggest problems are Chilling Touch, Skadi, and Maelstrom/Mjollnir. Chilling Touch is particularly nasty with it, and I think might get nerfed to some degree. Also I feel like the cleave thing is a bug and will hopefully be fixed, as that makes no sense at all.

AA - AA is awesome! Makes him able to actually use his spells and not just be an ult thrower the entire game! Good buff!

Jakiro - Not sure if he's OP yet, but definitely strong. Ice Path range is great, going to make for beastly trilanes. The Dual Breath buff is nice too.

Storm - He ain't gone, that's for damn sure. Nerfed, absolutely, but he ain't gone. He's still pretty good. The nerfs to him didn't hit him all that hard. You can't spam Remnants as freely as you used to be able to, and have to be slightly more careful with your zips. Other than that it doesn't feel like much else has changed. I think a b patch might give him another nerf. Bloodstone didn't hit him too hard either.

Techies - Ding dong the witch is dead. He's definitely nowhere near the menace he was in 6.84. The biggest problem in 6.84 was destroying mines and how it was almost impossible to do in some situations without getting yourself blown up. It also punishes him for being careless with them as it gives you money. The land mine change was just to make him not overnerfed, this is still a nerf at the end of the day though as, if he wants to put more mines in a spot, he has to show himself in that spot much more than he would on 6.84. It used to be 3 mines would usually be First Blood, now it's more like 5-6 are required. This means that at the beginning (or any time) of a match, Techies could drop a mine, hide, clarity, wait, drop next mine, so on and so fourth. Techies now has to show himself much more frequently to drop enough mines, and the process is easier to spot and interrupt.

Spectre -
spectre-what.gif
spectre-what.gif
spectre-what.gif
spectre-what.gif
I AM SO HAPPY. Spectre is OP right now, and if you want MMR you should be picking her. If you run out of lanes to farm, you can go to the jungle and do that much easier with a maxed out Desolate. Just kill the little guy and Pure damage the big guy away! I had a match today where I died something like 4 times in 10 minutes. I got QB, PMS, Ring of Health, Treads, and Radiance in 22 minutes and still wrecked. I told you all she was gonna be the OP carry, you didn't listen.

Spirit Breaker - I just want to take a moment to say I TOLD YOU SO. I had ranted in the past in this thread that bash needed to be put on PRD, because it was absolute bullshit when you knew he was coming, were prepared for it, and then still get bashed and bashed even after the freebie bash, and there's nothing you can do. Good change, this makes it much more fair on both ends.

Bloodseeker - Bye bitch

Pudge - That Rot change is actually really nice, and I think he might be able to claim his spot as a decent mid laner again. having that good of a slow with no mana cost, with just a value point is really strong.

Bounty Hunter - The track vision nerf was exactly what I predicted they would do.

Disruptor - They also gave Thunder Strike the Track treatment, I'm not really sure why. I didn't think he was grossly OP or anything.

Lycan - I really hope this doesn't make this hero come back. I have hated every meta where he was prominent. Fuck that hero.

Naga - Not nerfed near enough. Froggy seems to have ignored how much of a buff the existence of Octarine Core gave her. Naga is never fun to play against, I would rather play against a Slark and 6.84 Techies than Naga.

PL - Not nerfed enough, in fact debatably buffed. Diffusal Blade, Manta, and other items he commonly picks up all got buffs, which are effectively buffs to him.

Lone Druid - Thank god they finally put the Bear CD on the same all levels. If LD ever died in the offlane, and Bear was recently on CD, your lane is completely fucked, you have little to no chance of recovery. As any other offlaner, you had a good chance of recovery still. Battle Cry buffs are always welcome too.

Earth Spirit - ICEFRAUD PLS, WHY NO CAPTAINS MODE?! That double tap Stone Remnant thing is a really nice quality of life improvement though.

QoP - Still a good mid laner, but not a stupidly powerful ult now.

Warlock - I'm surprised it took them this long to do this. I think now that a mid-game item can't take away his ultimate anymore, that makes a huge difference and maybe we'll see him picked competitively.

Necro - doing ancients wasn't OP, but I'm glad it's gone just so I don't have to see it in my pub games anymore, especially when my teammates did it.

Kunkka - Some nice buffs, but making Tidebringer breakable really hurts him.

Puck - Puck is definitely back as a strong mid laner. I think Puck kind of fell out of the meta because it didn't rely on stacking jungle and farming too much, like Storm, Lina, or QoP might. I think Puck can go toe to toe with the best mids of this patch.

Leshrac - Bye bitch, nobody will miss you.

Loss Commander - Still pretty garbage, nothing was done to her Aghs. Icefrog doesn't seem to realize her Aghs actually made her worse and wasn't an upgrade at all.

Lich - Offlane Lich is back methinks, no more having to back out of experience range to Sacrifice.

Chaos Knight - Really strong, that armor reduction is insane. I think he'll be one of the hot carries of this patch.

Tinker - Still not great, I'm not sure why Icefrog is afraid to make Aghs do something to March, but then again his problems are well before Aghs anyway.

Batrider - Aghs is cool, hopefully this brings Batrider back as the pickoffs with this will be amazing.

Ogre Magi - Bloodlusting towers is hilarious, like the tower is going "Stop, I can only get so erect!"

My prediction for top 3 OP heroes this patch:

1. Terrorblade
2. Spectre
3. Chaos Knight
Honorable Mention: PA

M.D

i don't play ck much but i've been experimenting with him in bot matches even before the update

i'd say there's no reason to level his stun beyond lvl 3 because the potential stun duration is the same and you only get max 25 damage more from lvl 3 to 4

reality rift can sit around lvl 2 or 3 as well depending on the situation you're in, i don't see the value of maxing it in every game straight away

chaos strike is worth taking just for the armor debuff, but i'm not sure how much is it worth investing in because its flat across all levels. i'd say 2 or 3 levels is worth it, maybe more if you know you're getting farm, 10% is iffy and if you don't really have the attack speed.. i dunno i could be wrong

phantasm i say skip at level 6 and take it at 10 and 11, don't think it's that strong even if you get the extra illusion at level one

stats!

kionedrik

My patch impression in 2 minutes or less:

- BH, Storm and Techies got fucked like they deserved.
- Lesh, Tusk and BS got significant nerfs but are still pick worthy material.
- QoP and Dark Seer got undeserved nerfs.
- Lina got away with murder. Out of all the things wrong with her she gets the damage nerfed?? Really?? How about her ridiculous range, base damage, move speed and passive?
- Gyro is Lina #2 and got away with 2 minimal nerfs.
- Naga nerfs were also unimpressive.
- Disruptor is first pick material (biggest winner of the patch imo)
- Bane surely and Lich possibly will be picked more often
- Tinker, Necro and CM got undeserved buffs.
- ET, Invoker and Jakiro got nice "notice me" buffs but I don't think they are enough
- Kunkka and DP "notice me" buffs might be enough to bring them back

I'm still not sure about Chen buffs.
Also CK and PA are potentially big patch winners but I need to test them.

edit: Forgot about Bat aghs - Game changer!

i don't play ck much but i've been experimenting with him in bot matches even before the update

i'd say there's no reason to level his stun beyond lvl 3 because the potential stun duration is the same and you only get max 25 damage more from lvl 3 to 4

reality rift can sit around lvl 2 or 3 as well depending on the situation you're in, i don't see the value of maxing it in every game straight away

chaos strike is worth taking just for the armor debuff, but i'm not sure how much is it worth investing in because its flat across all levels. i'd say 2 or 3 levels is worth it, maybe more if you know you're getting farm, 10% is iffy and if you don't really have the attack speed.. i dunno i could be wrong

phantasm i say skip at level 6 and take it at 10 and 11, don't think it's that strong even if you get the extra illusion at level one

stats!

At level 3 it can roll 1-4 seconds. Level 4 caps it to 2-4 seconds. I feel like that justifies the skill point.
chaos-four.gif

Hylian7

Also Earthshaker got off surprisingly easy. The appeal of Fissure is the block first, stun second, and damage third. Nerfing this tertiary benefit won't change how much he gets picked. If you block someone off in the right area, they are dead even if Fissure did 0 damage.

I haven't tried it extensively, but Doom might be better at jungling with the Scorched Earth buff. Still not very good though since the best parts of Doom are locked behind Aghs, and he doesn't really contribute anything else. He still has literally no lane presence. They need to rework Lvl ? Death.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Picked big-ish cities I'm guessing. Looking at Texas I see stuff like Austin, Dallas, Waco

In my country they have two small-ish towns that make no real sense, and then miss out on a city that is a significant distance away from the next location.

Also Earthshaker got off surprisingly easy. The appeal of Fissure is the block first, stun second, and damage third. Nerfing this tertiary benefit won't change how much he gets picked. If you block someone off in the right area, they are dead even if Fissure did 0 damage.

I haven't tried it extensively, but Doom might be better at jungling with the Scorched Earth buff. Still not very good though since the best parts of Doom are locked behind Aghs, and he doesn't really contribute anything else. He still has literally no lane presence. They need to rework Lvl ? Death.

damage on fissure helped with farming so much. offlane es might be a bit tougher now.

CK looking good in pubs apparently. Not sure if that'll carry over to pro games but if so, that would be another incentive to pick Ember. He was left untouched by 6.85 and had a few good weeks in pro Dota lately.

Top Bottom