• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Just noticed ember is unchanged.
thinking.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Imps time is coming. Excited for you breh. TB has been in the dumpster far too long.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
RTZ playing Titan. Time to see if my once favorite hero is back or not.

I'm gonna say probably not

edit:holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I booted up into Newark NJ.

Valve knows Staten Island is really just NJ.

DrPizza

Banned
These Techies changes.... I don't get them.

They've definitely nerfed the snowball into landmine into suicide combo. They've weakened Techies' lane presence in general; using landmines to clear creeps and harass the enemy is now less effective.

But was that ever the problem?

The lack of stacking marginally reduces the utility of landmine traps. But creating those traps doesn't cost any more mana, and it doesn't take any more time. You can now create more traps--no 20 mine limit--and you can create traps of different sizes; I suspect that in many cases, the 3-mine first blood can now be a 5-mine first blood, at a lower mana cost.

This surely makes Techies more annoying, not less. It's going to mean even more mine traps spread across even more of the map. The reduced lane presence increases the incentive of laying traps, and the traps are now (overall) increased in number. Isn't this encouraging precisely the wrong behaviour?

The ability to destroy mine traps without exploding them is lame, mind you. It makes sense, as it means that short-range or melee supports aren't penalized anything like as much, but it's lame.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

They've definitely nerfed the snowball into landmine into suicide combo. They've weakened Techies' lane presence in general; using landmines to clear creeps and harass the enemy is now less effective.

The lack of stacking marginally reduces the utility of landmine traps. But creating those traps doesn't cost any more mana, and it doesn't take any more time. You can now create more traps--no 20 mine limit--and you can create traps of different sizes; I suspect that in many cases, the 3-mine first blood can now be a 5-mine first blood, at a lower mana cost.

This surely makes Techies more annoying, not less. It's going to mean even more mine traps spread across even more of the map. The reduced lane presence increases the incentive of laying traps, and the traps are now (overall) increased in number. Isn't this encouraging precisely the wrong behaviour?

The ability to destroy mine traps without exploding them is lame, mind you. It makes sense, as it means that short-range or melee supports aren't penalized anything like as much, but it's lame.

melee heroes will still take damage from standing too close to the mines, it's a buff for short-range only

idk I'm here for a temporary TB meta, the hero is fun to watch when he goes ham

illusion heroes >>>>>

every patch is going to have something reddit and twobear thinks is absurd OP garbage and how could valve let something like this into the game???? bané is inherently OP valve this just isn't fun to play against etc.
but idk, the Tusk/Lesh/Undying meta was hilarity and a welcome change from Troll

I hope fun heroes, like Elder Titan, emerge from this one.

RTZ playing Titan. Time to see if my once favorite hero is back or not.

I'm gonna say probably not

edit:holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit

:)

Yep, thats how i see it. Even more annoying, not less.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
idk I'm here for a temporary TB meta, the hero is fun to watch when he goes ham

illusion heroes >>>>>

every patch is going to have something reddit and twobear thinks is absurd OP garbage and how could valve let something like this into the game???? bané is inherently OP valve this just isn't fun to play against etc.
but idk, the Tusk/Lesh/Undying meta was hilarity and a welcome change from Troll

I hope fun heroes, like Elder Titan, emerge from this one.

the way you're calling me out like this is not a cute look imo

I feel like they are trying to make techies more of a roaming hero. With these changes he wont have any time left to be in any lane for more than a few seconds at a time if he wants to set up all those traps because the traps have to be further apart on the map.

Sure he can set up more traps now but he cant stack them effectively so they need to be spread out across the map if they are going to be any good. This will (hopefully) lead to more players buying sentries and the gold bounty and easier clearing further incentivize clearing the minefields.

They also nerfed the "Trail of tears" strategy and its going to be harder for him to turtle i think?

Somewhat happy with the patch. The fact that Spectre actually got a (small) buff probably means that i am going to try her out for the first time in 2 years this weekend. Not used to playing carries but i need to know.

Somewhat happy with the patch. The fact that Spectre actually got a (small) buff probably means that i am going to try her out for the first time in 2 years this weekend. Not used to playing carries but i need to know.

reSpectHer is great, powerful, and not super tough to use.

Just watch the minimap always and don't max Dispersion first :)

Yeah, I don't get how people are saying he's somehow more annoying or "buffed" somehow. He is absolutely nerfed. The positive changes are only to prevent him from getting overnerfed.
Anyone who thinks techies is as good or better than he was last patch has no fucking clue what they're talking about. He can't do anything in lane so he's forced to sit in the enemy jungle putting mines down in the hopes that someone walks over them. This hero is good at one stage in the game now and thats high ground defense and hes only okay at that. Techies is by far at the lowest he has ever been and hes currently sitting at the bottom of the barrel.

reSpectHer is great, powerful, and not super tough to use.

Just watch the minimap always and don't max Dispersion first :)

Oh yeah, i love watching the minimap! That is one of my issues with playing carries that need a lot of farm as i am generally the first to tp when shit hits the fan in another lane. I cant seem to focus on farming for a longer period of time but i am getting better at it and just trusting that my teammates can handle the situation on their own.
Hoping Spectre solves that issue as she can stay farming while helping the team out after 6.

Low Tier
i mean who cares just pick undying and ember, get aghs and just end the game cuz no1 can actually fight you

haha xd

Dreavus

So I guess a Crimson Guard might be kinda useful on Spectre in some cases? Damage getting returned before reductions means this works right?

There are probably better items but sometimes vanguard is a thing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
terrorblade wont last long imo, once everyone remembers that he's more annoying than techies he'll go tumbling back down

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Quelling blade/battlefury can destroy mines from outside their activation range. So even melee heroes can disarm safely now.

oh yeah, good point

i guess having a techies on your team will be even more of an instant-lose against any semi-coordinated team than it was before

so much for making him less annoying

Top Bottom