• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

wowowowowowow

i uninstalled
downloaded the whole damn game again
still crash at start

HAHAHA

I see I can't play at 2560x1440 cuz auto crash even on borderless window

so tiny at 1080p

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
- Disruptor is first pick material (biggest winner of the patch imo)

I don't know how I skimmed over my favorite hero getting buffed so hard. I just looked at the vision nerf and went well that's kind of shitty but it doesn't really effect the way I play. There's actually literally only 3 seconds of downtime on a 100 damage/second AOE nuke now. It's like you've got Ebola Spirit's level 3 ultimate at level 7.

ed: I did some practice against bots and it's actually such a slaying spell now. I dunno how I'm going to adjust to a Disraptor where I don't max glimpse 99.9% of games.

Are you crashing at launch or during a game?

Menu. The logo gets all blurry then it crashes, doesn't happen at 1080p.

ud8RoVm.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Oh and someone let Icefog know that TB illusions are broken when Shadow Demon uses Disruption to create more. It creates only melee form TBs (regardless of whether you disrupted TB in range or melee form), they briefly "Error" and subsequently can't be moved or otherwise controlled.

i want to say the melee form tb part is intended because his illusions now only go meta when within the main TB's meta aura--even if they were created after he went meta (they will revert back to melee)

inkls

I'd just like to point out, now that that spirit breaker's greater bash uses pseudo random distribution. I'm fairly certain lone druid's entangle is the only ability left with pure rng.

FACE

Banned
juri better come back

idk why there's only one practicioner of taekwondo, an olympic martial art, but karate has like fifteen reps smh @ capcom

tho juri is the best so it's okay

THIS IS THE END FOR YOU

ibyc8iqna7nhszp5f0j.gif

Japanese Juri >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
tb is worse i think. he's better at teamfights but everybody knows who you are and are gonna pop you with 2 nukes.

i don't think he's worse on paper but he definitely got worse at ratting (can't poop out meta illusions and leave them) and better at teamfighting (reflection late game o_O). i'd have to play him tho, excited for this weekend

but yeah, not sure the visible illusions was necessary (tho it's not a big deal since it was incredibly easy to identify fake TB's before, just annoying that you can't lead people on a chase through the jungle or juke them out a bit), and also something like a +3-4 base strength buff would've been nice :/

kionedrik

One question: Lich's sacrifice still splits XP among allies right?

Ok, 2 questions: Could we be dawning upon a new rat meta? Furion, LD, Lycan, Chen, Enchantress, Enigma, Clinkz and Tinker all got buffs (some not very big buffs but buffs nonetheless).

I remember there was an old patch where I bought phase drums on everyone, I might go back to doing that.

Lesh and Storm look overnerfed. Call down is still strong early game, Gyro's power spike at 6 always stood out as a problem for me but idk.

Techies nerfs for me is all about perception, as long as everyone thinks it's a big nerf and stops picking him everything will be fine.

Scorched earth now heals like a level 1 chemical rage.

Luna aghs seems nuts. 18 beams? Seems like a lot of beams tbh.

I wonder if ogre can jungle with level 1 bloodlust now.

Don't think the PA dagger thing is a big deal.

Also can Lone Druid get a necro book now? Seems like battlecry would tear down towers like nothing. 90 damage at level 1 pfft.

Morphling aghs was meant to be broken last time, it didn't work out so frog tried again. Also WK aghs. I remember a few people saying WK would be good if PL and AM weren't in every game, and base damage buffs always seem to be a bigger deal than you'd think.

Don't know what's going on with oracle. Fate's edict is a weird spell before, but I thought the damage amp was the main point of it, although it was a bit dumb on Rosh. I suppose he wants you to use it more defensively.

Merlini needs to learn the game. Has been asking about where the "mega" Treants are for the last 15 minutes. Doesn't know that they only spawn off of heroes, and has been that way since introduced in 6.84. Assumes it's bugged instead.

DrPizza

Banned
Given the outdraft, Na'Vi did way better there than I expected. That treant spam was insane.

smdh at LD and Merlini not knowing how the greater treants work. They're not new in this patch!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Seeing as how TA and QoP made it through relatively unscathed, they're going to be the star mids of this patch.

Invoker too, hopefully.

Ice3 Invoker returns

There must be a reason why it was crashing in directx on 1440p, have you tried fullscreen versus windowed borderless etc?

Tried directx fullscreen. I had to restart my computer because I couldn't do anything.

Yeah, idk. As soon as I put the res at 1440 it just goes crazy.
thinking.gif

I'll try the -dx11 launch just in case.

Update: dx11 works normally, just a tiny bit of fps drop. Just a slightly less than 60fps (57-58 most of the time)

So what's the veredict on TB skill build now? Seems like maxing Reflection meta and getting stats with a value point on conjure seems like the best on paper. Kinda like the PL rework, OSfrog doesn't want him to be "shittier naga" hero.

I just wanna play the shit out of oracle.

The change to fortune's end range is something i wished for back when he was added. And buffs to other aspects about the spell improved his skill set synergy tremendously.
The change to his W is great too since you wont have to worry about yourself or teammates getting rekt by the amplified damage from non magic sources. Put it on when you expect a magic nuke coming or to do the heal combo with lower consequences.
Not sure the skill build is still 1-1-4-1, maybe it will be 2-1-3-1 ?
Just my initial thoughts. Cant wait to get back and be able to play

Deadstar

Anyone have bad performance since the last few patches? I used to get a solid 120fps and now it dips into the 80s when a lot of action is happening.

Anyone have bad performance since the last few patches? I used to get a solid 120fps and now it dips into the 80s when a lot of action is happening.

Ha mine stopped working :)))))

I had to force opengl or dx11.

Edit: Dat track nerf vision on 109 stream
that tb on 109 stream
lmao

Top Bottom