• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Booo OSFrog, BOOO.

I was looking forward to some sicknasty dagger cleave plays.

Hylian7

Good, I figured the cleave thing had to be a bug. I really hope it's now like you would expect: the cleave comes from the dagger.

I still think this shit has the potential to OP, but I haven't seen it much in games yet.

Hylian7

did anyone actually deny that she was good? i didn't, only that i couldn't play her.
I specifically remember people saying she was bad last patch. You weren't one of them. Remember Omniknight has pretty consistently been in the top 3 winrates for each patch, and I don't think he has gotten a nerf in years.

Haly

Honestly, Dagger should apply her attack. Otherwise she's very limited in what she can do with that "on-hit effects" thing. Many orbs/effects work off attack damage.

Plus it'll standardize how her dagger crits instead of being a weird kind of spell crit while the <1 ghost damage applies effects.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Honestly, Dagger should apply her attack. Otherwise she's very limited in what she can do with that "on-hit effects" thing. Many orbs/effects work off attack damage.

Plus it'll standardize how her dagger crits instead of being a weird kind of spell crit while the <1 ghost damage applies effects.

isn't it because it does pure damage though?

Haly

Yeah, I was thinking that'd get changed like:

60/80/100/120 Pure (no crit) + 50% of her attack (physical, identical to a melee attack with her as the source)

Or to condense it further:

30% of her attack + 40/55/70/85 as pure damage (counts as melee attack sourced from her)

Just go full legal.

Randdalf

Playing "wolves need no armor" aka 100% rat Lycan is so much fun. It's a game of constantly trying to find the openings to destroy buildings, and it's so satisfying when you catch them out just long enough to destroy a barracks.

Hylian7

SSOS: So Sick Of Spectre

spectre-what.gif

It's been two days. I hope you're ready for this for the next 4-5 months.
troll.gif

stop saying OP or else

ill go full anime

When are you ever not full anime?

Hylian7

can't she trade blows with an ogre with a point in dessolate?

Yes, but Ogre has a good nuke and a DoT. She also doesn't have the greatest HP early game, which is one of her major weaknesses despite how strong she is. A ding-da-ding-ding-ding can really hurt or likely get her killed. Plus if Ogre is near creeps or his teammates, you don't get Desolate.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yes, but Ogre has a good nuke and a DoT. She also doesn't have the greatest HP early game, which is one of her major weaknesses despite how strong she is. A ding-da-ding-ding-ding can really hurt or likely get her killed. Plus if Ogre is near creeps or his teammates, you don't get Desolate.

but he can't hit her without taking max dispersion damage either...

[edit] oh but it is going to be physical damage reflected now

Hylian7

but he can't hit her without taking max dispersion damage either...

[edit] oh but it is going to be physical damage reflected now

Well it really depends on what stage in the game we are talking about here. Usually Dispersion is maxed second, so earlier levels, not so much. You would still get a value point in it very early as some damage block is always better than none, but you won't be getting much damage out of it early on. Ogre has a decent cast range on Fireblast, so he can stand somewhat far from her to cast it (remember Dispersion lessens with distance). Ogre isn't a hard counter to her per se, but still can be a good pick against her. I'd say the hard counter is mainly strategic rather than hero specific. You basically need a team capable of stomping the game in 10 minutes and ending quickly, otherwise you're going to have a hell of a time with Spectre later on.

Low Tier
doom's first round pick material atm

spectre is overrated in this thread

noblewingz' thread on nadota is so godtier

Quesa

I put spinach on this egg sandwich and buffed it to OP standards

also Omni was in fact nerfed a couple patches ago. They removed the HP regen from his ulti.

Top Bottom