• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
If you commit treadswitching to muscle memory then they're the best on like every hero.
I buy phase boots on a lot of supports because it helps out with positioning, getting out of sticky situations.

Shinypogs

I really think TI grand finals should be BO7, BO5 doesn't seem enough

Late to the party but I legit miss Starcraft for bo7 finals ( actual bo7 not that extended series shenanigans mlg used to do which was just godawful).

Even during the days of BL infestor vs BL infestor ( and those games went for fucking ever) it was nice to see the way players worked mindgames into a best of seven and when to cheese or try something risky versus when to play a straight up game.

It's be nice to see that in Dota and see when teams drop a more unusual draft if they can get away with it or swap certain player positions/ roles to throw the enemy off kilter. One of the things I miss most about DK was watching iceiceice play Invoker and Mushi taking centaur or some other offlaner and how easy it was for them to adapt to playing different roles and multiple times in a series or even the same day.

Now not all teams are that flexible but it'd be great to have longer series so that teams who are more varied can allow their players more opportunities to show how multidimensional they can be while still being successful.

Hylian7

If you commit treadswitching to muscle memory then they're the best on like every hero.
I buy phase boots on a lot of supports because it helps out with positioning, getting out of sticky situations.
Agreed, although there are definitely some heroes where Phase are infinitely more valuable. Gyro and Lifestealer come to mind.

You might be better off going tranqs/arcanes in that case, phase definitely isn't worth it if you're not going to utilise the right click. The sustain tranqs and arcanes give you is way more valuabe for most supports.

Reckoner

Even on Viper?

I always get best results with phase boots for escape and extra mobility, cause sometimes the slows aren't enough.

Madouu

I've been seeing a lot more treads switching in both competitive and pubs recently, even in pressure situations, it makes me happy.

b1b6ab5a64.jpg

I'm innocent I swear.

Zeknurn

I've been in low priority once, about a month ago and the match quality was considerably better than regular games. Everyone in it knew how to play the game and they all bothered to communicate and be an active part of the team.

What am I saying is, I'd like to know what is the actual "punishment" by ending up in LPQ?

JC Sera

I've been in low priority once, about a month ago and the match quality was considerably better than regular games. Everyone in it knew how to play the game and they all bothered to communicate and be an active part of the team.

What am I saying is, I'd like to know what is the actual "punishment" by ending up in LPQ?
been there due to shitty net
not too bad, lotsa fun
this was before all random tho

all of a sudden gaf people adding me on steam
ashot_jugg.gif

J2d

I was in low priority once in the first weeks of playing dota but that has never happened again for two years. Guess I'm just a nice fucking guy and great carry! (More like people that I get matched up with are horrible players on top of being dicks so there isn't enough reports to go around)

treads are shite on some heroes, phase exist for a reason. MS is an extremely powerful stat

Hello, my name is NormalFish and I have never been to low priority. AMA
you must be so positive you're at 5k+ with over 55% winrate I assume ?

This time of the year sucks for Dota 2 streams.

Outside of Draskyl and maybe Synderen, there's no decent streamers on.

I'm stuck with Bulldog or random CIS player streams.
gross.gif

J2d

This time of the year sucks for Dota 2 streams.

Outside of Draskyl and maybe Synderen, there's no decent streamers on.

I'm stuck with Bulldog or random CIS player streams.
gross.gif
Bulldog is pretty good though, he needs to play with the women though for full effect, even though most jokes feel rather sad.

Wok

What does it feel like to have a reliable internet connection and the good sense to not be an asshat?

LCnCRPK.gif

I don't have a reliable connection, I usually have spikes of 1 second lag for at least 10 minutes in my games, yet I have never been to low priority. I think low prio is when you go full tilt for a streak of consecutive games, or if you troll a bit when playing with try-hards.

Kade

I've been in LPQ once for abandoning a few years ago and it was terrible. Every game ended with at least two players having abandoned.

This user's Solo MMR: 2433

Smithy C

I do sometimes wonder why everyone gets up in arms about the flavour of the month heroes (BS, Lesh, Troll a few months ago), when Storm has been ridiculously OP forever.

GorillaJu

Soul Ring -> Bloodstone change is what made Storm so ridiculous IMO. Lesh can get a nerf and still be a good hero, doesn't need to be over nerfed. +1 sec cd and slight range reduction to lightning would do a lot to balance him out IMO.

This win felt good. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1643669796

Getting crushed early game. At about 25 minutes in, our Abaddon gave up and did the ol' "pls finish" drivel. But we pulled together, didn't lose rax, and got the win in spite of a large XP and gold deficit for most of the game.

How is that even possible vs their comp lmao. They had 2 crazy hard carries and one of the strongest lategame pushing semicarries. And SS. Damn.

t0rment

I do sometimes wonder why everyone gets up in arms about the flavour of the month heroes (BS, Lesh, Troll a few months ago), when Storm has been ridiculously OP forever.

lol, get gud. just because you don't know how to deal with a hero doesn't mean he's op.

Top Bottom