• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

0-3 is a throw now
crazy.gif

Hylian7

Hylian

Smash 4 is awful competitively.

ur competitively awful.

SSBFor is different, but still Smash, with everything it has brought to the series, I don't know why people can't appreciate that. Melee is great and all, but people just need to move on. Better things have come out.

SSBFor is different, but still Smash, with everything it has brought to the series, I don't know why people can't appreciate that. Melee is great and all, but people just need to move on. Better things have come out.

Playing devil's advocate:

League of Legends is different, but still Dota, with everything it has brought to the genre. I don't know why people can't appreciate that. Dota is great and all, but people just need to move on. Better things have come out.

dac15_cool.gif

of course a fox player wins lmoa
it's been over a decade and you still don't see tournaments with dumbshit characters banned like fox and falco

Vade

League of Legends is different, but still Dota, with everything it has brought to the genre. I don't know why people can't appreciate that. Dota is great and all, but people just need to move on. Better things have come out.

dac15_cool.gif

Like dota 2

I mean, there's a lot of rage in here and on reddit when someone tries an "experimental" build, especially in a ranked match. No doubt if someone played safelane BS and rushed arcanes/octarine core in every game they'd end up in LP because of reports.

It's dumb but both systems are dumb.

Mobas are dumb tbh

is anyone watching this earthbound bash thing? it is peak awkward

http://www.twitch.tv/fangamer
this is worse than a brony convention
I mean, there's a lot of rage in here and on reddit when someone tries an "experimental" build, especially in a ranked match. No doubt if someone played safelane BS and rushed arcanes/octarine core in every game they'd end up in LP because of reports.

It's dumb but both systems are dumb.

Mobas are dumb tbh
LPQ and bans are slightly different though
especially on a game where you have to pay to play heroes
laugh.gif

Mordeccai

whatttt the !!!!

I just learned today that you don't need to use a belt of strength to build power treads. You can use the belt, band of elvenskin, or robe of magi to build them.

in over 2k games I have never built treads with any thing other than the belt.
cBj1LTf.png

Hylian7

dac15_cool.gif

Apples to oranges.

Seeing how Melee can't get balance patches ever since it's 2001 release, it's the same game it was back then. SSBFor was a new game, but intended as an evolution of the SSB series, and it's the first one in the series that can, and does get balance patches, DLC characters, DLC states. I also should add that the DLC characters and stages are quite awesome and worth the money in particular.

A more apt comparison is Dota circa 2007 to Dota now. They're very different games, and with all the major changes the game has seen over the years, I think we can all agree that Dota now is very different from Dota then. An example, and I don't remember if this was in 2007 or not, but we'll use it anyway, was the TP scroll rework. TP used to fortify the tower you were TPing in on, and you would TP directly on the tower (sort of like BoTs now). There was also no additional TP time for subsequent TPs to one tower, so you could just chain up TPs one after another to keep a tower fortified, everyone would be there quickly to fight the enemy off, game goes on for another 30 minutes. Games back then were like ~70+ minutes and that was completely NORMAL for that time.

I can't find the game at the moment, but I remember watching a "throwback" cast by Luminous (yeah, I know he's not exactly the most popular or best caster, but the game was what was interesting to me) of a game from a patch of back when Medusa had basically Diffusal Blade as her ultimate and she had Chain Lightning. Nobody was really ganking her because everyone always played so damn defensive and the other team knew with the way the game was in general at that point in time, it was better to just turtle and play their better late game. The game was something like 90 minutes. This kind of thing simply wouldn't happen today.

Hylian7

whatttt the !!!!

I just learned today that you don't need to use a belt of strength to build power treads. You can use the belt, band of elvenskin, or robe of magi to build them.

in over 2k games I have never built treads with any thing other than the belt.
cBj1LTf.png

Yeah, in Dota 2 they have never had a good way to illustrate that on the shop screen. It shows Belt just because 90% of the time Strength is the most valuable to have early game when you would be building toward Treads, but in WC3 Dota it just has in the tooltip something like "Requires Boots of Speed, Gloves of Haste, and Band of Elvenskin, Robe of the Magi, or Belt of Strength"

Kade

Didn't they patch the game so it showed you the item for your chosen hero's main attribute's item in the recipe or did I see that on Reddit?

Hylian7

Didn't they patch the game so it showed you the item for your chosen hero's main attribute's item in the recipe or did I see that on Reddit?

I think you saw that on Reddit, every single time I have shifted Treads into quickbuy on any hero it was always Belt.

inkls

nah. But it will default the treads when it assembles it to the stat of the 450 gold item. (ex:robe of the magi will make it int treads when it assembles)

Complaint of the day: why do people afk during picks in ranked matches only to lose a bunch of gold and then get randomed to a hero they don't know how to play?

I mean

Look, I understand not everyone has to take this game super serious, but if you're going to play a competitive mode, at least try on a basic level

Hylian7

Okay, Rocket League was fucking awesome. Easily a $20 well spent. Sometimes the simplest ideas work the best, especially with good execution. Case in point: Soccer with cars, crazy action-movie-esque physics and arcade-ish controls (as opposed to realistic). Lots of fun, I can see many hours being pumped into this when not playing Dota.

Hylian7

sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif

seems even here I can't escape melee and sm4sh shitfest

I hate calling it Sm4sh and prefer to call it SSBFor. I'm pretty sure the title was intended to be double entendre. The titles both literally say "Super Smash Bros. For Wii U" and Super Smash Bros For 3DS". Since mechanicswise, they are the same game, that would mean they are "Super Smash Bros. For".

Top Bottom