• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Last time I played was in 2013, back when drow ranger was considered op XD.

I'm aware there have been many changes. How are these heroes In today's meta?

Nyx assassin

Spectre

Morphling

Lich

Slark

And enigma?
None super popular but none of these are shit right now. Thing is, you're so far behind that you might as well just jump in and see for yourself how the game has evolved. Either that or read 3 hours worth of patch notes. Drow is a decent hero again btw, almost every hero is usable in pubs right now, balance is the best it has been since...forever.

Also you might want to read up on Techies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't think that's the case right now, but the point still stands that he has always had a horrendous pub winrate, even when he was literally a free win.

he's still pretty much an exception, due to not being in competitive. and at my skill bracket i never see earth spirit (thank god).

Do you need to win the matches in reborn or just after its installed for the compendium points? First set of points just says 5 matches once installed.

iRGKLqx.png

perfectly balanced hero THE PROOF IS HERE

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't want to sound like a jerk, but when slark beats you it's probably just because they are a better player than you (or played better in that game than you), rather than because the hero is some OP trash

Slark is very good late game and Spectre doesn't out-manfight him and I'm not sure why you think she could? She should massacre his team but she's honestly not good versus him toe to toe.

4122 solo MMR, son.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You... can't really think like that. You don't deserve to win just because you're in the late game with a late game hero. He still has a 200GPM lead over you, that's enormous.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
He has 200 GPM and 12k Hero Damage more. Maybe you should focus on improving your own abilities that looking for excuses in hero balance.

Hylian7

You... can't really think like that. You don't deserve to win just because you're in the late game with a late game hero. He still has a 200GPM lead over you, that's enormous.
Exactly, because he is fucking Slark, and we should have been able to come back and win that. We lost because of stupid shenanigans trying to kill Slark and nothing was working.

Hylian7

He has 200 GPM and 12k Hero Damage more. Maybe you should focus on improving your own abilities that looking for excuses in hero balance.
You say that like I don't do that, just to give you a reason to say " No, you're bad, only the big boys get to talk about balance. " All you really post is condescending garbage anyway.

Exactly, because he is fucking Slark, and we should have been able to come back and win that. We lost because of stupid shenanigans trying to kill Slark and nothing was working.
have you considered maybe it was you and your teams fault instead of something inherently wrong with slark

like you did some things poorly or incorrectly throughout the game?

Hylian7

have you considered maybe it was you and your teams fault instead of something inherently wrong with slark
Beyond the pick screen and changing the past, I don't know how else we could have dealt with Slark. There were so many times we took care of everyone else, we just had to kill him and we could win the game. But we couldn't do it, the fucker gets away almost every time.

Volodja

Why should you have been able to do that?
It looks to me like you didn't deserve to, so you didn't.

He's 36-6 FFS, if anybody deserved to win, that's him.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
were there ever instances of people wasting valuable spells items for a feeding silencer

Haly

Honestly I would've built Abyssal over Heart if I was that concerned with him. I don't know if I would've won that game had I been in your shoes but Abyssal/Sheep is my go-to "fuck this guy" item.

G.ZZZ

TRY FUCKING READING FOR ONCE, JESUS CHEST.

I have not dismissed anything. You are delusional if you think I have.

No one spampick slark anymore anyway. 6k+ spampickers players all go BS, Lesh, etc...

Nerf slark.

Huskar is still bad because everyone has pure/physical damage nukes and he's absolutely the worst shit if you aren't ahead.

don't see how slark doesn't beat spectre late
for the duration of his ult + pounce he already fucks her up big time, then when he's out of invis he has a massive DPS advantage because of shift

on top of that he had magnus for empower what do you expect

Hylian7

Why should you have been able to do that?
It looks to me like you didn't deserve to, so you didn't.

He's 36-6 FFS, if anybody deserved to win, that's him.
Because we survived that long, caught up, QoP was pretty high up there too and we even had hex for him. It would have been totally doable vs any other hero.

G.ZZZ

Slardar should have a mini stun or slow added to his ult

Nah, he need not to be a basher hero, bash make no sense on him tbh. Unless sprint also increase IAS maybe but then it's just berserk. That hero is megaboring tbh i don't care about him.

Buff Legion Losemander please

Haly

If you think one Hex is enough to take out a ~25/5 K:D carry you're sorely mistaken. He didn't even feel the need to build BKB. That's how much he cared about your Hex.

G.ZZZ

don't see how slark doesn't beat spectre late
for the duration of his ult + pounce he already fucks her up big time, then when he's out of invis he has a massive DPS advantage because of shift

on top of that he had magnus for empower what do you expect

Spectre with refresher + manta and slark is a non issue tbh. The big difference is that spectre just ulti and all ur supports die and can't properly initiate, and then 1vs1 a manta spec kill anything solo.

Artanisix

More important, Bloodseeker totally stops Slark's mobility with Rupture, which is one of the best ways to shut down a Slark. It's like Rupturing a Timbersaw.

If farm is equal, Spectre will crush Slark late in a one-on-one fight. Manta desolate is waaaaay too much damage to handle. But you know, if Slark has 36 kills, then you probably don't have equivalent farm.

Beyond the pick screen and changing the past, I don't know how else we could have dealt with Slark. There were so many times we took care of everyone else, we just had to kill him and we could win the game. But we couldn't do it, the fucker gets away almost every time.
I think this is an awful attitude to have. Literally every person playing this game can improve at almost everything they do in it. That's what makes this game such a time sink and learning experience. Saying there is nothing you could do is so self defeating yeah I guess you did lose at the pick screen.

Spectre with refresher + manta and slark is a non issue tbh. The big difference is that spectre just ulti and all ur supports die and can't properly initiate, and then 1vs1 a manta spec kill anything solo.

manta doesn't matter if slark is ahead in farm and pounce + ults + auto attacks you, then abyssals you right before he's out of invis and keeps bashing your head in
fuck refresher on spectre, waste of a slot and gives garbage passive when it's not up

G.ZZZ

I spampick slark :(

Lately Icefraud has been nerfing heavily spampicker heroes. Meepo got slaughtered even though he was a non-issue in competitive games and he was one of the strongest spampicker hero with everyone getting 7k with it. Earth spirit was another spampicker hero which had trash winrate but was insane in 6k+ games and got slaughtered as well. Troll was good but didn't have a good winrate in competitive iirc (53%?) and got slaughtered as well, i suspect mostly because of the many spampickers he had.

manta doesn't matter if slark is ahead in farm and pounce + ults + auto attacks you, then abyssals you right before he's out of invis and keeps bashing your head in
fuck refresher on spectre, waste of a slot and gives garbage passive when it's not up

Refresher in base or in courier. Nobody carries that shit around.

Lately Icefraud has been nerfing heavily spampicker heroes. Meepo got slaughtered even though he was a non-issue in competitive games and he was one of the strongest spampicker hero with everyone getting 7k with it. Earth spirit was another spampicker hero which had trash winrate but was insane in 6k+ games and got slaughtered as well. Troll was good but didn't have a good winrate in competitive iirc (53%?) and got slaughtered as well, i suspect mostly because of the many spampickers he had.

Troll was like 100% p/b in competitive. His winrate was probably unremarkable because teams deliberately let him through with a plan in mind as to how to deal with him.

Haly

Ultimately, it comes down to attitude. You gain nothing with this line of thinking, Hylian. Absolutely nothing. In fact, it's probably harmful.

You have a game go bad, fine. You vent about it, and think about your mistakes, and then move on. Like you said, you can't change the past, whether in that game against Slark or for any game you've played in DOTA. All you can do is look towards the next game.

SE on QoP instead of orchid against slark? There is your main problem, looks to me like your team didn't build properly against him.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

you did zero tower damage. why were you chasing slark around trying to kill him instead of killing towers? can he solo your entire team while you're trying to push?

BKB ruins Spec even in late game... taking spec late, even being 6-slotted, even with abyssal, and assuming that you deserve to crush everything ez peezy is going to give you a lot of frustration when things don't work out like that

also yes, get on the minibash train. minibash enchantress is coming

G.ZZZ

If slark has twice ur farm u die. Well yeah.

Kade

Focus Fire and Powershot should mini bash. If you hit a target with Powershot and they live, they should get Tracked.

Reminds me of spirit breaker back when he was percieved as being* broken as fuck. competitive showed everyone he could be dealt with, but he was such a terror in pubs that he got gutted.

G.ZZZ

Troll was like 100% p/b in competitive. His winrate was probably unremarkable because teams deliberately let him through with a plan in mind as to how to deal with him.

Heroes which have 100% p/b rates but no huge winrate tend to be slightly nerfed, not as much as troll was. Like Mirana did and QoP will if i had to guess.

Nerf
blush.gif

Legion commander Q should minibash tbqh

t0rment

slark passive is the only thing that's broken with the hero. even if you do get the kill on him, he's got 20+ stats just from right clicking you, buys back, 20+ more right clicks and he's suddenly a god.

Top Bottom