• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Heroes which have 100% p/b rates but no huge winrate tend to be slightly nerfed, not this much. Like Mirana did and QoP will if i had to guess.

Nerf
blush.gif

Yeah, Troll got slaughtered. Really saddened me. Might be among the worst heroes in the game atm actually.

kionedrik

slark passive is the only thing that's broken with the hero. even if you do get the kill on him, he's got 20+ stats just from right clicking you, buys back, 20+ more right clicks and he's suddenly a god.

He's back without those stacks. So he has to work to win that power back and unlike SF he can't kill neutrals to get it.

my heart....

I'm crying.......

natural order and fatal bonds minibash, the ushering in of a new, exciting era in dota 2

He's back without those stacks. So he has to work to win that power back and unlike SF he can't kill neutrals to get it.

I think (?) he meant that the debuff remains on the victim, which still makes the relative difference grow after a buyback

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
slark passive is the only thing that's broken with the hero. even if you do get the kill on him, he's got 20+ stats just from right clicking you, buys back, 20+ more right clicks and he's suddenly a god.
Stacks don't persist through death...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How am I going to make time for ep 4 when I can't stop hunning mons!
cry.gif

Artanisix

"assuming you have radiance manta skadi
if he has skadi abyssal silver edge bfly he'll fuck you up"

i would hope so if he has +5000 gold on you

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And one guy there is clearly built for dueling while the other isn't.

I don't think I've ever lost a duel as slark against spectre unless the spectre is crazy far ahead.

That said, I don't think I've played vs many spectres as slark.

Silencer can permanently remove 2 Int from you and it can matter a lot. Should we nerf that too?

-2 intel compared to -20 str/agi/int
horse.gif

nothing comparable tbh, silencer's steal is ok but doesn't matter if you're not roflstomping, and if you're stomping it won't make a difference anyway

Volodja

Because we survived that long, caught up, QoP was pretty high up there too and we even had hex for him. It would have been totally doable vs any other hero.
I mean, Hex is the only lockdown you have aside from a massively underfarmed Warlock ulti, that's not gonna be enough to save you against many more heroes than Slark when they have such a massive gold advantage, especially when Tinker behind him is shitting damage close to the level of that same Slark.

Your BH died 18 times.
Both your Zeus and your Warlock are really underfarmed and Zeus isn't even level 15 1 hour into the game.
You were 6k gold and 13k gold behind their 2 cores.
QoP is the only hero that has comparable levels of farm and she's against 2, one of which has a permahex and she has no BKB.

How the hell is that a game you should win?

If I was slark with Treads, SnY, Skadi, AC I would feel comfortable taking a duel against a spectre with manta/diffu, skadi, radiance

But maybe I'd die.

kionedrik

If I was slark with Treads, SnY, Skadi, AC I would feel comfortable taking a duel against a spectre with manta/diffu, skadi, radiance

But maybe I'd die.

imho AC is a terrible item on slark. you're better off with diffusal or hex but basher is the way to go normally.

Hylian7

Shadow_Dance_icon.png

lmao who cares hehe

i always thought that desolate is for killing supports rather than duelling other carries. spectre doesn't have the attack speed to be that much of a manfighter.

It's pure damage and also he said "for dueling", and I'm proving that Spectre is a "1v1 me bro" type of hero that can win out. Desolate is part of how she carries. Illusions get full benefit from it, you can also manmode some fights with it too.

literally everything on AC is good on slark. hardly "ass"

it gives 0 stats
there's no proper time to build the item, there's always something better to buy depending on the time of the game

Im pretty sure 6 slotted slark wins vs 6 slotted spectre 99% of the time in a 1v1
Depends on the items ofcourse

I think so too, needs testing in a lobby
bfly (mkb or bkb) skadi abyssal silver edge BoTs for slark
vs
bfly manta skadi heart radi BoTs for spec

it gives 0 stats
there's no proper time to build the item, there's always something better to buy depending on the time of the game

Generally, I get AC when I am against lots of physical damage, or it's particularly good vs a certain hero (slark with AC destroys legion). If I have the cash, I'll get butterfly instead, but against really physical-damage heavy comps I get both.

saying it gives no stats isn't necessarily representative, is the big thing, though. because of slark's passive, attack speed effectively gives you agility. The debuff on your target is quite strong, too.

I dunno. I see why people would prefer other items, but I am yet to lose with the item on this patch so I'll keep building it.

shira

u5vyTkg.jpg

http://redd.it/3eguym
Hello Attendee of The International 2015,

All-Star teams have been announced this morning! Get a free All-Stars t-shirt if you pre-order online.

In addition to the Emoticharm gift with purchase incentive, International attendees who place a pre-order may pick up one of each of these gifts with their order. This offer is first come, first serve. Our supplies will be limited to the quantity we have on hand. If you have already placed a preorder you are eligible to receive these preorder gifts. Here is a list of the additional preorder gifts:

All-Star team t-shirt. Pre-order customers may pick one shirt from the two designs available:
Team ChuaN
Team n0tail

Gold DOTA 2 Sunglasses. One per pre-order customer.

Limited edition Workshop print. One per pre-order customer.

We are extending the hours of the online retail Secret Shop until midnight PDT on Saturday night, July 25th. All attendees of The International are eligible to place a pre-order at the online Secret Shop. To place a pre-order, you must first register your ticket to The International with your Steam Account. If you have not yet registered your ticket with your Steam Account you may do so here.

Placing a pre-order on the website for pickup at The International is the only way to guarantee you will receive the merchandise you wish to purchase. The inventory we will have available for sale at the event will be limited.

If you have any questions please contact Secret Shop Support here.

We look forward to seeing you at The International!

GLHF, The Secret Shop Crew
Nice-ah!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
have we talked yet about the irony that someone who sings the praises of spectre (57% pub wr) is saying that slark (50% pub wr) is OP and broken?

in other words, spectres current pub win rate is around the same that troll warlord's was at its peak

Hylian7

have we talked yet about the irony that someone who sings the praises of spectre (57% pub wr) is saying that slark (50% pub wr) is OP and broken?

in other words, spectres current pub win rate is around the same that troll warlord's was at its peak

If Spectre was considered OP and nerfed, I would not be surprised.

Slark's still OP.

Wok

Slark is fine as it is now, just because his laning phase is usually ultra-crappy. Until he gets level 6, he is so easy harass in any lane.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Slark is one of the better balanced heroes in the game right now. Don't blame your failures on hero design.

Top Bottom