• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

How does the game determine which UAM takes precedence? I've never tried it, but if Deso overrides the HoD lifesteal it's not the worst thing.

I think it is when you pick it. If you already have lifesteal and get a deso, you will get only lifesteal, doesn't matter if you move deso from slot 6 to 1, you still get the lifesteal. If you drop them and pick deso first, you will get the minus armor.

but don't take my word for it

Saprol

i'm trying to categorize all these golden piss emotes and i dont know what this onlooker thing is
charm_onlooker.gif

So a caster shared stats to his favorite team/s and valve is forced to share it all the teams to make it fair.
It's not yet TI yet but there's already drama.
crazy.gif

Wok

dominate a creep for extra hp/damage before you consume and build into a late satanic

however stacking it with deso is silly because deso doesn't stack with traditional lifesteal

You do not need lifesteal on Clinkz. Just look at Miracle's builds:

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Deso isn't the issue with that build.

Deso and Lifesteal don't stack. Generally you'd get one or the other.

For example, I've built HoD when builing skadi over deso.

I've played this stupid game for nearly 3,000 hours of my life and I still don't even fucking know how lifesteal and orbs stack. Why does Skadi stack with lifesteal but deso doesn't? That makes no damn sense.

I've played this stupid game for nearly 3,000 hours of my life and I still don't even fucking know how lifesteal and orbs stack. Why does Skadi stack with lifesteal but deso doesn't? That makes no damn sense.

Cause skadi is special. Just like vlads is special.

makes no fucking sense. Who needs consistency rofl XDXDXD

Thanks Saprol for
charm_laugh.gif
FIREFOX SUPREMACY
charm_laugh.gif

charm_rage.gif
charm_hush.gif
charm_disapprove.gif
charm_smile.gif
charm_sleeping.gif
charm_happytears.gif
charm_surprise.gif
charm_sick.gif
charm_cool.gif
charm_blush.gif
charm_highfive.gif
charm_crazy.gif
charm_cry.gif
charm_facepalm.gif

Saprol did literally no one on the enemy team had disables or what, in that 3 days ago match i mean

shira

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They look better if the gold is used as an accent
psApb2L.gif

C9 was a 68% winrate when dual safelaning

Sounds about right. I could see why RTZ is salty about that getting out, the thing does lay out on paper really well what teams have done recently. Likely will the East and West scout each other out better.

Are those heat maps for warding? That info may be really useful.

Saprol

Saprol did literally no one on the enemy team had disables or what, in that 3 days ago match i mean
Which one? In the Storm game, our vortex / wraithfire blast wasn't that great compared to ice path / roar. Lot of AoE magic to wade through and then there's that annoying Pugna ward.

If the Earthshaker one, I don't think people aimed their stuns at me. There was that stupid moment where I blinked into 2-man shackleshot though.

gdi you're tempting me to switch to firefox

use that

Wok

Sounds about right. I could see why RTZ is salty about that getting out, the thing does lay out on paper really well what teams have done recently. Likely will the East and West scout each other out better.

Are those heat maps for warding? That info may be really useful.

It is not heat maps but direct warding locations.

Warding data
○ Left Side is Radiant, Right Side is Dire
■ Blue Dots: Placed between start of game and 5m30
■ Red Dots: Placed between 5m31 and 11m00

I don't find the maps that useful. It looks like common spots anyway. For Secrect for instance:
tnHxOOE.jpg

Damn. Sometimes I don't understand Hylian...
Also, that new goldmoticons are horrendous.

Next Up: Gold Towers, Gold river, Gold versions of existing HUDs, Gold weather and Golden Announcers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Damn. Sometimes I don't understand Hylian...
Also, that new goldmoticons are horrendous.

Next Up: Gold Towers, Gold river, Gold versions of existing HUDs, Gold weather and Golden Announcers.

Don't worry, once TI5 is over we can wipe our hands of gold.

TI6 is PLATINUM BABY~!
ti4platinum.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
PPD is the second lowest for net worth, Johney from Fnatic is .01% poorer. PPD sits at 12.63%

On the other side of the coin, RTZ is the second richest player, sitting at 28.14%. Ush is #1.

For C9, Fata actually has a higher percent of networth then Envy, but they sit pretty close, at 25.65% and 24.89%.

Also, I have finished Marathoning all of Gravity Falls after seeing some hype for it. Show is good, but I was expecting it to be better.

Fucking idiots in Dota. Just had a player that moved every few minutes to get some XP and was AFK the whole game. Then he proceded to flame the team for loosing and saying he had work to do and can't play right.

Why.... just why are some people like this
rage.gif

Jackson50

Yeah. This community can be unbearably toxic trash. Twice tonight I was flamed in custom matches, but that was only a fraction of the venom spewed by these assholes. You don't need to ping spam. You don't need to use racial epithets for another player. It's fucking skillshot wars.

It is not heat maps but direct warding locations.

I don't find the maps that useful. It looks like common spots anyway. For Secrect for instance:
tnHxOOE.jpg

Do we know if these are both observers and sentries? Because i am going to need some explanation on the ward at 100-170 on the left map.

kionedrik

Do we know if these are both observers and sentries? Because i am going to need some explanation on the ward at 100-170 on the left map.

that's a pretty common lane ward for radiant safe lane, it scouts the dire t1 tower for tp's and rotations from the river.

(i'm assuming the left map is for when they play radiant and blue dots are observers)

that's a pretty common lane ward for radiant safe lane, it scouts the dire t1 tower for tp's and rotations from the river.

(i'm assuming the left map is for when they play radiant and blue dots are observers)

Warding data
○ Left Side is Radiant, Right Side is Dire
■ Blue Dots: Placed between start of game and 5m30
■ Red Dots: Placed between 5m31 and 11m00

I don't think we are looking at the same spot based on your description. I am talking about the blue ward that is just above the radiant t1 tower.

that's 170/100
It sees in lane, and in the jungle in both directions, it's a pretty good spot for dire offlane in general

Welp, my bad on the reading order. But the left map is the radiant one. I tried the spot in game on the radiant side and altough it does give a fair bit of vision i would rather move it higher up so you get part of the river and you can see incoming ganks much easier.

But these people are the pros for a reason i guess and they do tend to ward in unconventional spots.

My main reason for asking was to find out if this is a map of both types of wards. I have had a sort of obsession with ward spots lately and i like experimenting with them.

it's also a good ward to spot rotations to gank the safe laner, supports wouldn't deward here but the rune ward is easy to deward because of how common it is

Volodja

Cause skadi is special. Just like vlads is special.

makes no fucking sense. Who needs consistency rofl XDXDXD
In Vlad's case it's not weird at all and it is consistent.
Vlad's is an Aura, Auras don't interact with UAMs in special ways, they both apply.
There's the whole Aura stacking thing to consider, but the interaction with UAMs is clear.

Skadi is a little different.
In Dota 1 Skadi is only a Buff Placer, while the lifesteal Orbs are all, well, only Orb effects, so they can stack.
In Dota 2 this doesn't make sense because the distinction between Buff Placer and Orb doesn't exist anymore but the stacking still exists.

Top Bottom