• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
avg. starladder game times—eg: 41 mins, vega: 49 mins

DEATHBALL meta kappa

also one thing about the term 'deathball' and what it implies. i just wanna throw out there that deathball =! push. a push strat could be classified as deathball, but 'deathball' the term is rather general as a strat descriptor, HOWEVER it does have one very specific meaning/implication—immediately following the laning stage, X team (or both teams) constantly 5 man around the map in pursuit of objectives (i.e. towers, kills, rosh, etc... not ur 1k mmr pubtrain deathball farm the jungle). you can have a deathball metagame that's all about constantly 5v5'ing (aka the aoe magnus teamfight meta from a couple years back) along with the infamous TI4 deathball push. on the other hand u can have push strats that aren't really deathball but people like to throw out the latter term anyhow

just puttin that out there

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think this is the only time where we had, simultaneously, ~20 min games and >60 min games right? The patch still hasn't been figured out yet but that's a pretty good spread imo.

Holden

Witcher 3 is on my list to play this year.

Just need to get around to playing/beating Witcher 1/2 first :(

just watch a video of the witcher 1 story and then play 2/3

2 is good and 3 is godlike but 1 is meh--has a good story but the combat is awful and there are a lot of mmo grind quests

Honestly just skip 1. Its garbage and has aged terribly

2 has some excellent content, like the drunk troll
that keeps robbing an inn to steal their booze because hes sad his GF dumped him
laugh.gif

3 its the GOAT though. If you are planning to play any RPG this year make it TW3.

played all three back to back

1 >>> 2

but holyfuck 3 is GOAT

mgsv is garbage

1 >>> 2

but holyfuck 3 is GOAT

My man...yup original's story is so good. It's one of those games where if you invest time into it, it pays off in spades. Once I got past act I (took a long break from the game), I pretty much plowed through the rest of the game. Act IV doesn't get enough love IMO. It's such an amazing change of pace.

Hylian7

So I've been thinking about this lately, and this is purely speculation, I have no idea how it would work in practice: Faceless Void in a role similar to Slardar. Slardar isn't necessarily a position 1 all the time, and with Void's rework, I think Void could fill the same niche. Granted, Chronosphere can be more of a hindrance if his teammates aren't good heroes to play around it. However having Time Walk on that short cooldown on level 4, and Time Dilation could really make a good case for using him more as utility. The main issues I see with this are the fact that you would have to max Time Walk first, and you would have no damage. Time Lock is still there, but you aren't getting position 1 level farm. Unlike Void, Slardar has natural means to put out strong physical damage. Such a good AoE disable like Chronosphere can be used well with the right teammates, almost like during the TI4 era with the Void + Sky combo everywhere.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Void is 2/3 now.

He was 2/3 for a long time, actually, but especially now. Notice how PPD drafted 0 melee. He's like Doom. You're not expecting damage although damage is nice. You're picking for the disable.

redeye is fine just get rid of fucking pflax, shane and kotlguy, they're parasites

i don't get vega's draft
all in full push I guess, EG don't have much wave clear for now too

what a chrono

lycan literally running in the chrono

Red UFO

I just really really didn't like the whole atmosphere of the analyst desk at TI5 and Frankfurt. The whole taking shots at each other thing was just so cringeworthy.

yep vega are fucking morons
no way they're winning this now

take a good rosh fight > let's clump up for a 3 man sphere
man
that was pathetic rofl

Demoli

1 >>> 2

I agree with this. First game had such fantastic worldbuilding and characters, and a brilliant alchemy system. Even if the combat wasn't very involving I still preferred i to 2's.

The moment i saw 2 get better reviews than 1 was when i gave up on game reviewers.

Red UFO

Thought I'd get a cheeky game in before the Alliance vs. Secret game.

Instapick pudge mid who goes 3 for 7, and a slark who is adamant on going solo offlane and goes 0 for 9. Good STUFF.

Holden

I agree with this. First game had such fantastic worldbuilding and characters, and a brilliant alchemy system. Even if the combat wasn't very involving I still preferred i to 2's.

The moment i saw 2 get better reviews than 1 was when i gave up on game reviewers.

cmon demoli go play the 3rd >:O

Had an Invoker yesterday who had 9 last hits in 5 minutes mid against Zeus (24 last hits) and who proceeded to have no impact at all. I don't play any Invoker but surely he doesn't lose the lane this badly to Zeus provided both are of equal skill?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2078762902

He was in a stack with the PA, both of whom had no farm for like 40 minutes. Almost made us lose the game despite our bottom lane going fabulously and me massacring everyone.

Zeus is absolute dogshit at denying and his harass is very very mediocre unless you let him pull ahead (bottle arcanes SR for instance), so he had no excuse
Especially when going QE

shira

Reviewers are shitbag moneyhats that are trying to get into the game industry.

These days its all about the Reacters - shitbag moneyhats that are trying to get into Hollywood
https://zippy.gfycat.com/EverlastingHappyKillifish.webm
https://youtu.be/TJDlsHj-TRI

Zeus is absolute dogshit at denying and his harass is very very mediocre unless you let him pull ahead (bottle arcanes SR for instance), so he had no excuse
Especially when going QE

Those were my thoughts as well. Need to check the replay for what went wrong. Also his PA buddy flat out lied to me rofl. He solo died to Venomancer and wept because nobody TP'd to help even though he had his own TP (off cd) and could've survived if he was mentally quicker. He said his TP was on CD when it clearly wasn't as I checked the replay.

G.ZZZ

C'mno starladder i just finished archiving hundreds (18) of immigrants in my database and you still haven't started a fucking game?!?!?!? What i am suppposed to do now, go back to work??!?

p.s. israeli are the worst they take every single possible kind of benefit because they are technically immigrants from a non-eu country even if they are richer than us. This girl i just filed has gotten dozens of times the amount of help in money than most african dudes only because she know how to game the system even if she's richer than me. I hate my country sometimes tbqh. Bring back the bronze age but with the internet.

C'mno starladder i just finished archiving hundreds (18) of immigrants in my database and you still haven't started a fucking game?!?!?!? What i am suppposed to do now, go back to work??!?

p.s. israeli are the worst they take every single possible kind of benefit because they are technically immigrants from a non-eu country even if they are richer than us. This girl i just filed has gotten dozens of times the amount of help in money than most african dudes only because she know how to game the system even if she's richer than me. I hate my country sometimes tbqh. Bring back the bronze age but with the internet.

Reported for the following reasons:

1. Anti-semitism
2. Revealing confidential information

Vade

G.ZZZ do you live in the industrious North or in the lazy, leech filled south?

M.D

Don't be mad just cause we're better than you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom