• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltoid

Banned
tumblr_nomevd9wEv1uubpbso1_500.gif

Russ T

Banned
red faction armageddon sucks ass, what a disappointment after guerilla

also just got a new keyboard with mechanical switches

Oh-my-GIF.gif

Twookie

Red pandas are too fucking cute, wish I could have one
I know I cannot, don't tell me
smile.gif

red faction armageddon sucks ass, what a disappointment after guerilla

also just got a new keyboard with mechanical switches

Oh-my-GIF.gif

word.

one of the main reasons i play on my pc now instead my ps4 is because of my mechanical keyboard honestly
kinda sad really

I've been meaning to pick up a mechanical keyboard at some point. What's the best switch for a combination of general use and video games?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've been meaning to pick up a mechanical keyboard at some point. What's the best switch for a combination of general use and video games?

Brown, probably.

Best bet is to buy a sampler and try them out.

Shinypogs

Caped internet is the fucking worst :( No more games until February

Feb is in 3 days or is your net capped until a later date next month? I sympathize either way, it sucks to be capped. I keep hoping that as the internet becomes more and more important to most people's everyday life that providers will get rid of caps or increase them to reasonable amounts which will benefit both the casual everyday users and those of us who game. I'm fortunate to no longer be in a living situation where I have to settle for capped net but I remember what it was like.

ty to those who gave tips on clinkz, I'll try him out shortly.

kvk1

my red switch keyboard crapped out on me a week or so ago

for some stupid and impulsive reason i thought i'd try blues this time

these things are a fucking nightmare, they are way too clickety-clackity and weighty

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

i was in the same boat as u a month or two back and went with browns

tried all of the different keyboards/switches out at my local microcenter and browns just felt the best. Got just enough of that blue clank, and the perfect feel, right in the middle (pressure wise) of the feathery reds and ironclad blacks

browns, blues, reds, greens. brown and red feel more solid, blues and greens are clickity clackity.
Cherry red was recommended to me so that's what I went with.
sounds good. Not huge on reds but lots of people like them.
Brown, probably.

Best bet is to buy a sampler and try them out.
yeah, samplers are a good way to go.
my red switch keyboard crapped out on me a week or so ago

for some stupid and impulsive reason i thought i'd try blues this time

these things are a fucking nightmare, they are way too clickety-clackity and weighty
smh. Blues feel so gooooooood. every time i type anything i feel like i'm typing at a million wpm. it's great. Could try some dampeners (the little rubber ring things) if theyre too loud.

ksan

reds are the best if youre ever gonna play fps games
also theyre probably the best for anything else as well, except typing, clicky keyboards arent good for gaming imo

Kard8p3

I've had two mechanical keyboards in the past:

The one I'm using now:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsai...gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown-ch-9000116-na

The one I was previously using:

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-keyboard-nighthawk-x7-backlit-mechanical-keyboard.html

Both are great as hell but I think the brown just slightly edges out for me. Although I must say I miss the soft ass comfy wristpad of my previous keyboard and the clickity clak. This wristpad is plastic, I tried subbing in the other wristpad and it just felt weird so I decided to stick with the plastic one.

The universe is conspiring against me playing TA.

I'm 0-5 of my last five matches with her and a lot of those have been due to someone abandoning on my team.

Thank you for keyboard advice.

Chris R

Feb is in 3 days or is your net capped until a later date next month? I sympathize either way, it sucks to be capped. I keep hoping that as the internet becomes more and more important to most people's everyday life that providers will get rid of caps or increase them to reasonable amounts which will benefit both the casual everyday users and those of us who game. I'm fortunate to no longer be in a living situation where I have to settle for capped net but I remember what it was like.

ty to those who gave tips on clinkz, I'll try him out shortly.

Between me and my roommates we have 150GB to use every month. On a 50Mbps pipe...

Wasn't much of an issue until one got a PS4. Those patches are fucking HUGE. Now they both stream Netflix on low (same for me on Twitch) and I use my work's internet to download stuff when I can (music/Amazon Prime/Steam games/ect)

When we use all 150GB the speed drops to ~500kbps down 50kbps up, but the ISP also ads a hefty amount of lag and resets the connection enough to make online gaming impossible.

I'd be fine with double the bandwidth at 10Mbps or something but my ISP is making so much money selling "Data Buckets" so that will never happen. I just need to move so I can have more than one ISP to choose from :/

Also, now that I've used my MX Reds for a while, I might grab a few black switches to swap out the WASD/Ctrl keys for them to prevent accidental activation.

ksan

its not my fault we got people who are completely talentless and extremely rude in this thread

#facts

btw, ure not alone, theres a couple of others

Shinypogs

Between me and my roommates we have 150GB to use every month. On a 50Mbps pipe...

Wasn't much of an issue until one got a PS4. Those patches are fucking HUGE. Now they both stream Netflix on low (same for me on Twitch) and I use my work's internet to download stuff when I can (music/Amazon Prime/Steam games/ect)

When we use all 150GB the speed drops to ~500kbps down 50kbps up, but the ISP also ads a hefty amount of lag and resets the connection enough to make online gaming impossible.

I'd be fine with double the bandwidth at 10Mbps or something but my ISP is making so much money selling "Data Buckets" so that will never happen. I just need to move so I can have more than one ISP to choose from :/

Also, now that I've used my MX Reds for a while, I might grab a few black switches to swap out the WASD/Ctrl keys for them to prevent accidental activation.

Ahh, yeah not much choice up here in Canada but I lucked out and am renting from someone who has no cap so that's nice. Phone data plans here are garbage though, technically there's a lot of companies around but if you want guaranteed service you have to sign with one of the big 3 or their offshoot branches. My landlords son has an unlimited plan on his phone but he also has to stick his phone outside the window of his room to get proper reception sometimes so *shrugs*

I get what you mean though with game patches, everything has a day one patch now and it's often a third or more the size of the actual game. I imagine months where big games drop is when you run through your cap the fastest? Best of luck being able to move to somewhere with better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom