• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

LMAOOOO ppd

tinker-trees.gif

Shinypogs

What timing/direction do you need to stack the dragon ancients on dire side? I was doing the stack 6 camps 2 of which must be ancients quest and while the first attempt, golems into dragons was fine once the dragons appeared I couldn't get it to stack again and had to do the enemy side. Yes I could have just let ursa or void clear them and then stack again but I got impatient, and yes I would have felt responsible if we had lost for helping the enemy even a little. Still, for further reference it'd be good to know how to get it to work.

What timing/direction do you need to stack the dragon ancients on dire side? I was doing the stack 6 camps 2 of which must be ancients quest and while the first attempt, golems into dragons was fine once the dragons appeared I couldn't get it to stack again and had to do the enemy side. Yes I could have just let ursa or void clear them and then stack again but I got impatient, and yes I would have felt responsible if we had lost for helping the enemy even a little. Still, for further reference it'd be good to know how to get it to work.

https://youtu.be/EDRgLpFHK2s?t=1862
The video also covers all camps and covers warding/counter warding

cris7198

Today out of need I had to do support jugg, it worked... suprisingly well, i went solar crest and drums (we had a pugna with a mek) i'd say its kind of like a lina support the ultimate can be used to secure a kill and the healing of the ward is trough the roof, but i'd say it can only work on low tier pubs

BigDaddyN0tail: "Everything can work"

Chris R

Wait, did Dire ancient stacking time change or is it still 53.5? I always pull towards T1 Mid as those stairs aren't as forgiving as the Radiant ones.

Chris R

How do you tip coins? I wanted to tip a CM my last game (had the guts to juke and ult at like 5% hp instead of just running away, helped us win the game EZ) but had no idea how to tip.

Just commended instead :(

Man as I'm watching a team of 4 stuns rolling train over our cores who'd rather get a 56 minute sange and yasha it really makes me think

it'd be great if there were an item you could use to block those spells

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How do you tip coins? I wanted to tip a CM my last game (had the guts to juke and ult at like 5% hp instead of just running away, helped us win the game EZ) but had no idea how to tip.

Just commended instead :(

You can only tip if you win. You push the giant "Tip" button.

I think you may also need to have won a bet.

Shinypogs

Tipping mostly seems to be a game of chicken I've noticed that if I tip first people are more likely to tip back and sometimes even other players on the team will start tipping each other but no one likes to be the person who starts it off.

I hope the tipping system continues with passes down the line, it encourages good play and sportsmanship by letting us give an actually meaningful reward to people.

Deadly

I mean a game that pulls 15-20k viewers has better casters and production than a game that routinely pulls 50k+.
Halo is heavily backed by 343 though. The production being better isn't so surprising, they're probably aiming for something like majors/TI all the time since they've got the money for it.

I think alot of the casters are ex-pros.

On the bright side, once pros start retiring en-masse I'm sure some of them will want to get into casting. Until then I think knowledgeable casters will remain an exception and not the rule.

On the bright side, once pros start retiring en-masse I'm sure some of them will want to get into casting. Until then I think knowledgeable casters will remain an exception and not the rule.

This is already true though. See Blitz, Merlini, Synderen etc. (Although admittedly they all seem to secretly still want to be pro players since they're still playing in teams etc)

Tusr your Tsukihi avatars are getting more and more lewd.

Edited: I can't spell Tsukihi apparently

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Halo 5 has better casters than Dota ugh

every game has better casters than dota

cs, halo, cod, smash, every fighting game, hearthstone, etc...

granted dota is a rough game to cast because of the dead air but it's not impossible. when two pros just throw together a cast whether that be 2gd couch cast, summit, random alliance cast, good kappa studios, etc... the surge of quality compared to our "standard" casts is immediately noticable and the cast becomes genuinely enjoyable rather than an exercise in frustration and muting

This is already true though. See Blitz, Merlini, Synderen etc. (Although admittedly they all seem to secretly still want to be pro players since they're still playing in teams etc)
Well that's why I said they're the exception, they definitely exist but they're outnumbered by the sheer amount of casters that aren't very knowledgeable. For every ex-pro caster you can name 3 that are not(to say the least). While it's definitely not necessary for every single caster to be a Dota expert, there's a severe lack of knowledge going on in casts right now.

As in there's games in which there are 3 casters and none of them really know what they're talking about.

More and more often pros are just casually doing casts, and without even trying they completely outclass our "pro" casters.

even if the casting couch in 3 years is going to be all pros, the casts would still suck if people keep having these wack expectations for what a good cast is

If there's nothing worth saying then don't say anything. It's like they're afraid that if they stay quiet for half a second all the hype is going to deflate out of the game, it's infuriating. Just point out when something interesting happens, don't just tell me what's happening on the screen or who cast a spell. I feel like Tobi and LD slowly ruined the quality of their casting by trying to be constant highlight reels.

Halo is heavily backed by 343 though. The production being better isn't so surprising, they're probably aiming for something like majors/TI all the time since they've got the money for it.

I think alot of the casters are ex-pros.

the thing is, I feel like Dota has a larger competitive scene. There should be more talent from which to pull. And yet we've got obnoxious children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom