• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this would've been a completely different game if Miracle didn't get so unlucky on that kill attempt on RTZ. Either way, I don't like how OG handled the deficit at all, their play comes off very tilty.

it doesn't do anything and it unreliable. if the enemy is slightly tanky it wont get a kill even it effects 5 heroes.
compared that to the ultimates EG had, blackhole (aoe +guaranteed damage +bkb piercing,4sec,200-160cd), ravage (aoe+ guaranteed damage,150cd) , fiends grip (single target, pierces bkb, lasts for 5 seconds, 100/155/215 per second, drains mana,100cd)
then we have winter's curse...0 damage by itself, 0 follow up, 120/110/100 cd.... whats the point? oh, use it on supports! yeah use an ulti so you may or may not kill just one support and then wait for 120 seconds while patting yourself on the back.
Also, any decent support always stands way back their cores, so the chances of landing it on a support and all the other 4 heroes is just too optimistic

Right now it better to skip it and max cold embrace instead.

it doesn't do anything and it unreliable. if the enemy is slightly tanky it wont get a kill even it effects 5 heroes.
compared that to the ultimates EG had, blackhole (aoe +guaranteed damage +bkb piercing,4sec,200-160cd), ravage (aoe+ guaranteed damage,150cd) , fiends grip (single target, pierces bkb, lasts for 5 seconds, 100/155/215 per second, drains mana,100cd)
then we have winter's curse...0 damage by itself, 0 follow up, 120/110/100 cd.... whats the point? oh, use it on supports! yeah use an ulti so you may or may not kill just one support and then wait for 120 seconds while patting yourself on the back.
Also, any decent support always stands way back their cores, so the chances of landing it on a support and all the other 4 heroes is just too optimistic

Right now it better to skip it and max cold embrace instead.
Saying it doesn't do damage is disingenuous when it can do ridiculous amounts of damage if you get a good one. The comparison to Enigma and Bane makes no sense as they have to channel their ults, WW can do whatever during.

Also, saying Winter's Curse has no follow up is like saying Naga song has no follow up. It's not a braindead spell like Ravage anymore but that doesn't mean it's automatically awful.

Hylian7

It makes Winter Wyvern a more situational pick in my opinion. In 6.84/TI5, she was a catch-all support that was pretty much great in and against any lineup. Now, you have to pick her against a lineup where that ult will actually be more useful, for instance, say you need to target the teamfight-critical support with it like a Witch Doctor, having him easily killed by his own carries.

I think the only department where it's lacking is passive abilities not affecting allies with it. For instance, what if Spectre's Dispersion worked on her allies during Winter's Curse, or maybe Counter Helix, Return, etc.

Naga sleep is mostly used,90% of the time, to disengage and escape, it has a much larger AoE to setup a combo and can still be used to isolate a bkb-ed carry from his team and lets your team damage him. so its WAY better than WW for setups and is used for a different purpose.
Just because Blackhole and grip are channelled doesn't mean they cant be compared to curse, they are all lock-down, disabling ultimate abilities. it has more in common with these abilities than naga sleep

and it doesn't do "ridiculous amounts of damage",the only time it does decent damage is late game and if you land it on a squishy hero AND if the enemy team has major right clickers AND if you hit multiple heroes with it AND if the said cores are not magic immune

the spell is in a weird spot where it doesn't do anything particularly well

yarden24

Saying it doesn't do damage is disingenuous when it can do ridiculous amounts of damage if you get a good one. The comparison to Enigma and Bane makes no sense as they have to channel their ults, WW can do whatever during.

Also, saying Winter's Curse has no follow up is like saying Naga song has no follow up. It's not a braindead spell like Ravage anymore but that doesn't mean it's automatically awful.

Winters curse is actually a garbage spell now, all you need to do is play the hero once to see that, honestly

I can appreciate the Gorillaz on Azubu (5th album is going to be really good I feels it) but I'm pretty sure BTS have been playing Damon Albarn's entire back catalogue all tourney.

Its starting
kotl and godz casting. why wont they let merlini cast
cry.gif

great uchiha madara ban from EG

Tworak

nah eg vs ehome. I guess 4 ti champions. can tell artour never won ti by how he teleported into lina/lion ult.

rofl that was some amazing chinese feed doto. eg back in it
PogChamp.png

Tworak

this bulldog, s4, zai and sometimes alice cast is better than any professional cast. it's just too fucking bad it's happens so rarely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom