• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listen to this shit.

banderas.png

Nah it's decent, especially in pub games. With Aether Lens it is pretty strong.

But yeah, his other 3 skills are definitely better. Aghs still worth it though.

I'd rather get mobility and sustain, also more push, than an aghs that will do nothing most of the time
It's decent but it's trash as a first/second/third item in 95% of situations

Red UFO

With shugganananananna on this one. Aghs rush pugna is just a recipe to get blown the fuck up. Get greaves and necrobook and win in under 30 mins easy peasy.

Pugna is my recently most played hero and Aghs just isn't that great on him. It only lightly increases the damage and the zero cooldown is entirely situational. If you're doing extremely well already and you're up against the right lineup, it can be damn good. But in a tough game you're rarely going to suck people off 3-4 in a row. If you're getting interrupted to begin with, that in itself might be the bigger issue or you just realize casting your other spells, particularly decrepify, is more important.

Aether Lens, Octarine Core, Lotus Orb, Rod of Atos, Euls, Mek, Glimmer Cape, Hex and so on usually provide you with more options. There's pretty much never a game where I think I should get Aghs above any of these others.

The utility Pugna provides when he has Decrepify, Lotus Orb, Rod of Atos and Glimmer Cape is insane. Add Aether Lens and Ocatrine for range and CDs and it's nigh impossible to deal with.

edit:
fxlnrgz.png

Pugna my boy

Btw, it's weird how I can't select the top path anymore at all. Probably weirdly coded since there's no quest left to select and how that would mess up. Also I got the question for revealing and killing 10 invis heroes after getting just one. Can't say I can complain about that.

Maybe its because I never play her but that one seems a bit tough.

The cooldown is actually so low that over the course of a decently long game it's not that hard to achieve actually, especially if you manage to get some 2-3 man stuns. I just practiced the Euls timing in demo mode so that meant I pretty much never failed that combo either.

Still so, was kinda lucky. The match must have had an average MMR quite below mines so even though I did rather badly on Lina, though in my defense I had to go offlane and was up against heroes like Tusk and AM, we managed to win eventually.

Ah I forgot, Aghs on Pugna can be nice against certain illusion heroes. These days with all those spectre players it can be rather nice to immediately try to remove the haunt illusion and still have your Life Drain ready for the rest.

gai_shain

thanks valve, I ready up, the game loads and suddenly it throws me out and im prevented from matchmaking because I didnt ready up in time.

Ratted my way to victory as beastmaster just now. everytime the enemy 5 mans to push they see my attacking their tier 3 towers (and eventually their rax) and they have to back.
It gave our medusa enough time to do medusa things and we won!

and why doesn't the bird gets included with the Select All Units or Select All Other units anymore?? i couldn't even assign the bird to a control group, which i am 100% sure worked before.

Russ T

Banned
Year of the monkey soon, time for the monkey king hero we've been promised two years ago

never forget phoenix had a monkey face in its chest, valve will deliver one day

one random match, phoenix will use ult, and be reborn as the monkey king, and that's when it will unlock for everybody

(actually that'd be kind of a cool way to reveal a hero, long as they did it in an unranked match)

Ratted my way to victory as beastmaster just now. everytime the enemy 5 mans to push they see my attacking their tier 3 towers (and eventually their rax) and they have to back.
It gave our medusa enough time to do medusa things and we won!

and why doesn't the bird gets included with the Select All Units or Select All Other units anymore?? i couldn't even assign the bird to a control group, which i am 100% sure worked before.

The hotkey interaction with the bird is a specific exception. My 7k mmr guess is that most people play "set it and forget it" with the bird rather than moving it around with the hero/boar as the bird doesn't attack, so it was to facilitate that style of play.

You can definitely set it to a control group and tab to it, though.

Hurrr your phone has a virus pls download this totally not malware to fix it
I love ads, I really do.

double sny sven lmoa
love seeing spectre memebuilds getting crushed

Man I just love playing certain heroes getting Ocatrine and Lotus Orb. Just had a game as Nyx which went 70minutes and Blink, Force Staff, Lotus Orb, Octarine makes you such a pain to deal with against single target heroes (which they had with BH, Kunkka and shotgun morph).

Spíke Carapace becomes actually insane. 7.5s cooldown. It lasts 2.25s and stuns for 2.4s. So in a worst case scenario when someone hits you just at the end of the duration they couldn't deal damage to you for ~4.6s. In general, having it up constantly with only 5.25s downtime is amazing. And, in that downtime, why not Lotus Orb yourself!

Hylian7

What's a good hero for a new player that can disable enemies? I want to do that quest but as lich I have no idea how.

witch doctor

Yeah, Witch Doctor is good. A few others as well.

Vengeful Spirit - Single target stun, point and click, simple.
Ogre Magi - Another single target stun, point and click. Can have two of them with Aghs.
Tidehunter - Large AoE ultimate stun
Sven - AoE stun
Lion - Line stun, I don't know if hexes count for that objective, but he has one of those too.
Shadow Shaman - Has a single target channeled stun, also has a hex if those count
Lina - AoE stun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom