• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

tootsi666

I hope these international teams playing in NA will force Valve to change Major qualifiers to a LAN and not give free Major tickets to weaker regions.

Yeah 2 spots per region is arbitrary and bad. Make it 3-3-1-1 for china-EU-SEA-NA
Or don't invite as many teams and do like 4-4-2-2 qualifier spots, only 4 invites. Like.. Winner of last major, and the best 3 teams from the past season

kiguel182

Last game (last one I could do before the reset) our Sniper bought not one but two couriers (on the top of the one I had bought at the start). We lost. In fact I was with him at bot and we got slayed and gawked over and over. Oh well.

Resolution is either:
1. Getting paid a lot
2. Got promised easy qualification for lans(because NA)
3. Got promised better teammates than the ones currently at DC

Or some combination, 2 is likely at the very least.

kionedrik

Yea, easy qualifiers, or at least easier than EU, seems like a big deal. Wonder if Valve will do something about it or if they just don't care players are cheating the system.

Who's in DC now anyway? I remember it being Bulba, Aui2000 and some kid that was Sumail's brother (?).

KingKong

Yea, easy qualifiers, or at least easier than EU, seems like a big deal. Wonder if Valve will do something about it or if they just don't care players are cheating the system.

Who's in DC now anyway? I remember it being Bulba, Aui2000 and some kid that was Sumail's brother (?).

why is he cheating the system? its not like the entire Empire team moved to the US. Was Sumail cheating the system too

shira

Resolution is either:
1. Getting paid a lot
2. Got promised easy qualification for lans(because NA)
3. Got promised better teammates than the ones currently at DC

Or some combination, 2 is likely at the very least.

DUajL5B.jpg

Pittner? Will you still be able to throw as hard as you used to on a new NA team?

why is he cheating the system? its not like the entire Empire team moved to the US. Was Sumail cheating the system too

This is temporary, Sumail moved for good

kionedrik

It's allowed cheating or at least a way to bypass some hurdles that stand between you and your goal.

Example: Lot's of Brazilian footballers come to Europe and take a second nationality in order to play in a World Cup or Euro Cup because most of them would stand little chance of playing that tournament as part of Brazil's national team. It's allowed but still kinda cheatty...

It's allowed cheating or at least a way to bypass some hurdles that stand between you and your goal.

Example: Lot's of Brazilian footballers come to Europe and take a second nationality in order to play in a World Cup or Euro Cup because most of them would stand little chance of playing that tournament as part of Brazil's national team. It's allowed but still kinda cheatty...

it really isn't "cheaty" at all. Just the nature of competitive sports, really. At worst it's just a bit unsportsmanlike or something.

It's cheap af
Just like zephyr back then but it was even worse
Play in another region with less competition so that you have better chances of qualifying

KingKong

I mean its one player going to an American team, even if it's a way to have a better shot of getting to the majors, he's going to be a on a worse team for it.

to me this isnt a big deal like it would be if an entire team moved or when teams were registering for American qualifiers despite being mostly European

Gurrry

bought the death prophet geisha set for 25 cents

so worth it

also got 2 chests and pulled garbage. never doing that again.

Shinypogs

So glad I sold my slardar set yesterday, price has already dropped by like 3 bucks, I basically made the cost of the pass back selling the set and a free treasure I got a while back. I might actually make a profit off this event selling my infusers and stuff.

I want that rubick set but there is no way I am paying that much for it. Maybe I'll get lucky with later chests.

KingKong

So glad I sold my slardar set yesterday, price has already dropped by like 3 bucks, I basically made the cost of the pass back selling the set and a free treasure I got a while back. I might actually make a profit off this event selling my infusers and stuff.

I want that rubick set but there is no way I am paying that much for it. Maybe I'll get lucky with later chests.

same here, theres no reason not to sell since prices will only go down as more people level up and unlock chests. for some reason the Alliance Alchemist set I got from the spin wheel was worth a ton too

Shinypogs

same here, theres no reason not to sell since prices will only go down as more people level up and unlock chests. for some reason the Alliance Alchemist set I got from the spin wheel was worth a ton too

I'm holding onto the infusers in case the last two chests have infusable sets they work with and that jumps the price a bit but otherwise yeah if it's worth something now and I don't want it it's getting sold. I love rylai's wheel ^-^

Gurrry

So ive never bought a compendium before and was contemplating getting the Winter Pass. Im a little confused how it works though. Does it unlock chests for certain milestones? Or is it only like 1-2 chests? Can I unlock all this stuff by playing bot matches?

shira

So ive never bought a compendium before and was contemplating getting the Winter Pass. Im a little confused how it works though. Does it unlock chests for certain milestones? Or is it only like 1-2 chests? Can I unlock all this stuff by playing bot matches?

You need to play and do specific quests in online matches.
No bot matches

You get points for: betting, achieving quests

It pays for itself if you play 3-4 match wins a week for the duration.
You get about a chest a week if done right.

If you want everything it will take a bit more effort, but the current rewards are more earlyish.

Shinypogs

Holy shit I just opened my second chest 1 and got the normal devourling courier for the second time ^-^

I am still annoyed that we get the undying taunt so early on compared to the veno taunt. I wish we had a choice of which taunt we wanted early and which one we wanted at the later level.I know it's meant to encourage people to try and max out their pass and buy treasures to get the points for opening 5-10 of each treasure but still banana dancer is 14 levels away for me and even with a lot of time left to do quests it feels so far.

I will now cheat on the carry path quest that requires 125 last hits by playing dark seer like I did for the 100 last hits one.

Has anyone here completed all 45 path quests yet?

Since General joined Na'vi they are undefeated after 5 or 6 games. Currently facing their first "big" enemy with Team Spirit and have a 10k Networth lead at 15 minutes.

Imagine if Na'vi too is really back
pt9bcN7.gif

Russ T

Banned
The Old Hunters DLC is sf good. Id seasons pass that shit if they ever made comparable DLCs.

fffffffffff

I gotta do that soon. I started 3D Dot Heroes last night, 'cause I never played it. That's FROM Software, so it's basically the same, right??

Is it even a good game.

Damn now I just wanna play Bloodborne.

Damn.

fffffffffff

I gotta do that soon. I started 3D Dot Heroes last night, 'cause I never played it. That's FROM Software, so it's basically the same, right??

Is it even a good game.

Damn now I just wanna play Bloodborne.

Damn.

3D Dot Heroes is pretty good, but more like Top-Down Zelda than Souls. Actually it is only like Top-Down Zelda games and nothing like Souls ;)

you can now disable the item icon animations
dota_use_animated_inventory_icons <0/1> - Enables and disables the usage of effects on in-game items such as Mjollnir and stuff.

I can see how it could be distracting for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom