• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even a release date in Europe fml

This why you import a US 3ds. No wait for FE: Awakening & Fates, Virtue's Last Reward, etc. Plus, more eshop sales (and everything is cheaper with exchange rates anyway) and until recently club nintendo.

As someone who has been on both sides, people who insist NoE is better than NoA are crazy.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Only Fire Emblem games I ever played were the 2 on GBA and I really disliked the rock/paper/scissors combat system. I much prefer FFT/Tactics Ogre.

I still have a sealed copy of the Gamecube FE game that I got on Black Friday one year but never opened it because I forgot I hate those games. Oops.

Kade

Only Fire Emblem games I ever played were the 2 on GBA and I really disliked the rock/paper/scissors combat system. I much prefer FFT/Tactics Ogre.

I still have a sealed copy of the Gamecube FE game that I got on Black Friday one year but never opened it because I forgot I hate those games. Oops.

Keep it sealed. It's worth a lot.

Hylian7

Days of Ruin > Dual Strike

I'm getting conquest because I'm a Hardcore Gamer.

Characters were edgy trash though
Game was alright but the campaign too hard to be fun imo. CO system sucked too
DS is goat

DoR had the best gameplay in the series. They actually kept balance on mind instead of throwing shit upon the shit they had built up for 3 years. It was fun to play online (back when servers were still up, which is one reason we need a new AW). The minimalist CO system, while not as flashy as some of the broken CO powers from Dual Strike, was still pretty interesting.

This why you import a US 3ds. No wait for FE: Awakening & Fates, Virtue's Last Reward, etc. Plus, more eshop sales (and everything is cheaper with exchange rates anyway) and until recently club nintendo.

As someone who has been on both sides, people who insist NoE is better than NoA are crazy.
Yeah, it's a damn shame Europe often gets the short end of the stick with 3DS games. It took how long to get Shin Megami Tensei IV? A year after the US, and digital only? At least it probably won't get screwed over on Zero Time Dilemma.

Speaking of SMT, the Japanese version of Final is out. It looks fucking great.

Quesa

Cavfo9wUMAUdxj1.png:large

He's decent but doesn't fit the meta imo
Great for laning and early/mid game but he falls off and his utility is very low
Think his ult should be faster, currently it's a fucking joke. Or maybe make it one shot non ancient creeps à la omnislash

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was actually wondering what the PA arcana looked like with that full set. Not sure it looks good due to the heavily armoured/no armour clash.
I'll have to see how it looks in game. Most DOTA heroes tend to be top heavy anyway because of the angle so it might not look so bulky.

EDIT: Yeah it's a bit top heavy. Swapped out the chest for the Careau spaulders.

Blazing Oblivion and Ascension on DK

Haly

Already done with the main line. By far the hardest was the bounty runes, since people had the same quest/kept taking them.

Russ T

Banned
Already done with the main line. By far the hardest was the bounty runes, since people had the same quest/kept taking them.

I got 1 the first game I won, and then 9 the second game. I was PL and carrying hard tho so I just uhhhhh prolonged the game "unintentionally".

It's okay I play unranked.

I fucking suck at Ember Spirit tho so I'm not looking forward to that one....

Side note: I always forget how much I like playing the new (not so new anymore) PL.

What's your issue with ember ? Hero's not mechanically hard to play at all, just gotta get some good habits and gotta build items/spells correctly

if it is anything like me, terrible farming habits are hard to overcome. I play mostly support/roamers so I tend to go into the action and farm too little.

All though with Ember in particular is not really a problem, since he can fight really early. Heroes like Anti-Mage are my counterplay heroes. Can't play, don't have the patience nor trust my teammates to keep the pace themselves.

Besides sleight + chains that you can learn in under a minute what's the big deal ? Remember to have a remnant out, don't waste flame guard if it's gonna get nuked down, voilà

Haly

I mean I just feel Ember's positional requirements are pretty high but I guess that isn't strictly mechanics in the same way Invoker's and Earth Spirit's kits are.

I see people fail as Ember all the time (and I'm one of them) because he's always keeping track of a lot of things. If you rely solely on Sleight/Bolas you're not going to get very far as Ember.

Russ T

Banned
What's your issue with ember ? Hero's not mechanically hard to play at all, just gotta get some good habits and gotta build items/spells correctly

I typically (not always, but more often than not) like to play tanky initiators. Ember is a poke and prod type of hero, until you see the right moment to commit and murder.

The other path is to farm farm farm until you're unbeatable.

I'm good at neither!

The recent BoT-rush trend seems like something I could pull off reasonably well, though.

Hylian7

The hardest thing about that Ember challenge for the set is that you basically have to first pick Ember to be able to play it. Every single time I have wanted to do the challenge, someone on the other team picks Ember.

Rule #1 of playing Ember: Always leave a backup remnant.

If you are using a remnant to chase someone, you better be sure you have a way out, or that no one else is there.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Ember doesn't seem that difficult to me, just remember to put a remnant down at all times and if you're ever in any kind of danger just use your free, instantaneous, zero cast point TP to escape. Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for outplaying the enemy using such a tricky and skill intensive hero.

Yeah, never played Ember before the challenge, took me 5 games to win twice and complete the challenge.

He's not that hard, but he's not easy, either.

Thought the set would have more special effects. Kinda lackluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom